Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #496
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

Amelia: Amelia was shocked at what she had just heard. Max's father seemed horrible, aweful, and mean. It made Amelia think of her father. Her dad had been like her best friend growing up. He loved her more than anything in the world, and told her that every day. It was hard to remember him now. He died when Amelia was only six. The picture she had of him in her head was fuzzy at best, and the only photograph she had left of him was a shot of him in college, and it was in rough condition. She didn't know what was worse. To have no father, or to have a father like Max's.
Amelia glanced over at Max, and the poor girl looked deflated. Max seemed to have many different sides. Amelia was determined to find the real one. Was it the shy girl like her, the troublemaker she had seen a few minutes ago, or the sad girl she saw in front of her now? Or was it some hidden side that Amelia hadn't even seen yet? She was so interested in Max because she seemed so much like herself. There was so much going on inside, so much that you don't know what to put on the outside. The only difference was, Amelia put nothing outside. She wanted to appear empty, like there was nothing inside. She thought Max was the same way until about a half hour ago, when she disrupted class. Now Amelia wasn't sure what think.
Gosh, she thought, this girl is like one big puzzle.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #497
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

Britt: Britt reaches the gym only to see that the doors are locked. She thinks for a second then decides to open the lock by turning the knob real fast using her speed powers to generate the speed on her hand that is turning the door knob.
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #498
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Nate: Nate was completely confused by the events that had just unfolded. Although he had gone to public schools all his life, seeing some pretty crazy troublemakers, Max had set the record for getting a call home the soonest. Also, it didn't even seem like she had done anything that bad. Sure, she had disrupted class a bit, and been shameless when she got in trouble, but Nate had never seen a teacher call home for something like that. Especially after only the second incident. I guess that although Professor Collins can be understanding, she shouldn't be messed with. Max also didn't seem to fall into any past trouble making types Nate had come across. She obviously wasn't doing it for attention, or because she couldn't help it, and since they had all just met, it wasn't like she was trying to impress someone. The final thing that troubled Nate was Max's dad. He seemed so awful by Max's reaction to him! Nate was momentarily thankful for his parents. Nate slouched down in his chair, trying to make sense of Max. There was one thing he knew for sure, that she definitely wasn't a type of person who could easily be made sense of.

Margo: Margo was shocked and confused by everything that had just happened. Looking at Max crumpled in the seat, she wanted to run up and comfort her, but knew that that wasn't the type of comfort Max would need or want right now. Margo knew everyone was thinking about Max and the incident, so decided to help Max out in a different way, by distracting everyone. Margo shot her hand in the air, and asked her question before Professor Collins even called on her. "What's the curriculum like in this class? Will it be normal, or will it include, um, more super happenings?"
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #499
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Nate: Nate was completely confused by the events that had just unfolded. Although he had gone to public schools all his life, seeing some pretty crazy troublemakers, Max had set the record for getting a call home the soonest. Also, it didn't even seem like she had done anything that bad. Sure, she had disrupted class a bit, and been shameless when she got in trouble, but Nate had never seen a teacher call home for something like that. Especially after only the second incident. I guess that although Professor Collins can be understanding, she shouldn't be messed with. Max also didn't seem to fall into any past trouble making types Nate had come across. She obviously wasn't doing it for attention, or because she couldn't help it, and since they had all just met, it wasn't like she was trying to impress someone. The final thing that troubled Nate was Max's dad. He seemed so awful by Max's reaction to him! Nate was momentarily thankful for his parents. Nate slouched down in his chair, trying to make sense of Max. There was one thing he knew for sure, that she definitely wasn't a type of person who could easily be made sense of.

Margo: Margo was shocked and confused by everything that had just happened. Looking at Max crumpled in the seat, she wanted to run up and comfort her, but knew that that wasn't the type of comfort Max would need or want right now. Margo knew everyone was thinking about Max and the incident, so decided to help Max out in a different way, by distracting everyone. Margo shot her hand in the air, and asked her question before Professor Collins even called on her. "What's the curriculum like in this class? Will it be normal, or will it include, um, more super happenings?"
Max: Max knew the others were probably trying to make sense of her and what just hapened. That's what she would do if she was one of them. But she wasn't. She was Max, and she hated it. This was one of those times where she wished her mother was alive. But dreams were a weakness. She leaned that from her father.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins was still getting over the shock a little. For the first time, she wondered what Max's home life was like, if she was ever at home. Over the years, Professor Collins had had many students who had complicated families or had rough things happen to them because they had powers or because they were different. She'd taught kids who suffered woth their families. She wondered how much Max did. She knew there wasn't a mother in the picture, though it hadn't been explained why. She blinked at Margo and answered, "A mix of both. I do have to teach normal science, but if we have time this year we may definitely talk about the science behind our powers. But as for the powers themselves, it heavily influences P.E."
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #500
Ditz

Britt: Britt after twisting and turning the knob for a few minutes realizes that she has gotten the knob loose and turns it one more time and the door comes ajar. Since the gym is all empty and dark Britt is a little scared about entering, but enters with caution anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #501
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
Britt: Britt after twisting and turning the knob for a few minutes realizes that she has gotten the knob loose and turns it one more time and the door comes ajar. Since the gym is all empty and dark Britt is a little scared about entering, but enters with caution anyway.
OOC: Since it is in the basement she would first have to get down the stairs. And of course, she won't get past the keycard system.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #502
Ditz

Britt: Britt noticing there is a keypad system and she is thinking an alarm she decides to back track and find some other mischief to get herself in. She didn't want to go back to Science class so she decided she would roam the beautiful grounds of the institute.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #503
Fairywings

Professor Collins: When everyone got their papers, Professor Collins began going over the lab safety rules, elaborating on some of them.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #504
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

Amelia: Amelia half-listened to the instructions the professor was giving. She knew she should pay more attention, considering they were probably pretty important, so she tried to focus.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #505
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Margo: Margo leaned over and rested her chin in her hands. She had heard the same science safety rules a million times, but tried to pay attention. Science class seemed to stretch on forever. She couldn't wait until the next class, which she knew was a free period.

Nate: Nate wasn't listening to Professor Collins in the slightest. He never listened to the safety rules. Maybe that's why he always got in trouble during labs. Instead, Nate leaned back in his chair (which usually made teachers so mad, although Nate could never figure out why), and his mind began to wander. He was hungry, and began to decide what he would make himself for lunch. Maybe a sandwich. Or just ice cream. No one's in the room while were eating, so why not just eat ice cream? I wonder if the kitchen has some? I wonder what else it has? Nate decided to explore the kitchen at lunch. Then, he began to wonder where Britt was. She had asked to go to the bathroom a while ago. She either had to go really bad, or was doing something else. Nate wished he had thought of that, instead of sitting in this boring class.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #506
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

OOC: I'm back

River: River didn't understand what was going on with Max, she knew Max didn't want to talk about her parents because of when she mentioned the picture. River tried to pay attention to the safety rules, but she just kept thinking of Max, after this she understood why Mac got so upset when she asked about the picture, and she felt even worse about ever asking.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #507
Fairywings

OOC: Hey! How was the trip?

Professor Collins: Professor Collins knew she was quickly losing the attention of her students, and after all that had happened there was no getting it back, so she decided she may as well end the lesson. She sped through the rest of the rules and ended with, "For your homework, you will make a safety poster, composing of the rule written on the poster and a drawing. You will be presenting these next time we have science. If you have any questions, ask me in person or just think them. Class dismissed." As the students got up to go, she added with her voice raised, "Don't forget to get your gym bags before lunch ends!"

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #508
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings
OOC: Hey! How was the trip?

Professor Collins: Professor Collins knew she was quickly losing the attention of her students, and after all that had happened there was no getting it back, so she decided she may as well end the lesson. She sped through the rest of the rules and ended with, "For your homework, you will make a safety poster, composing of the rule written on the poster and a drawing. You will be presenting these next time we have science. If you have any questions, ask me in person or just think them. Class dismissed." As the students got up to go, she added with her voice raised, "Don't forget to get your gym bags before lunch ends!"
OOC: it was wonderful

River: River got up and left the classroom, she knew she needed to talk to Max but she wasn't sure how, or what to say. As she walked by her she simply said "I know you don't want to talk, but if you ever want to, I'm here" with that she continued walking just within earshot of Max so that if Max chose to say something she would be able to hear her.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #509
Fairywings

OOC: That's great!

Daniel: Daniel stands up and stretches. This day so far has been quite surreal. He looks around at the other students with somewhat of an overwhelmed expression. He glances over at Nate and Alex and says, "It's only been two periods so far, but you know, I don't think this is going to be quite like a regular school year." He holds a serious expression for a few moments, before he relaxes into his easy smile. He throws his things into his backpack, slides the straps onto his shoulders with ease, and walks out of the lab with his friends.

Max: Max sat through the lesson somberly, without a word or even a noise. She figured she must be looking like a weakling to Jack and maybe some of the other students, being able to dish the trouble out and then not being able to handle the consenquences that came with it. But she would handle the consenquences, she would read whatever punishment her father would send in his email and act on it. She'd take pictures and send them to her father through email to show her proof that she'd done what she was told. It was how being her wqorked. She caused trouble to rebel, her teacher dealt with it, her father heard about it, and Max performed diligently whatever task she was assigned by her father to do, even if it hurt her in the process. Especially if it hurt her in the process. And this, her life, was one of the major reasons why she would never have any friends, and why she could never have anything more than that. As River passed and let her know they could talk if she needed to, Max simply nodded and replied, "Thanks."

Max gatherd up her belongings, making sure to take her time so the other students would leave ahead of her. After her things were packed and a significant amount of time had passed, Max threw her messenger bag over her shoulder and walked out of class, head hanging, though Max was slowly recovering. Not sure where else to go, she went to the 1st floor living room, where she went over to the couch closest to the large window on the left side, where the sun was shining brightly through. Max dropped her bag in the space between the couch and the wall, and sat on that end of the couch, and looked out the window. She knew that those who really wanted to try would come to her, and the rest would hang back and eavesdrop on her conversation. Max had learned and perfected studying other people at a young age.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #510
disneygirl520

River: River began following the group, and realized that she hadn't seen Max come out of the room, at the same time she realized that she really didn't feel like being social, so she left the group and made her way down to the first floor stumbling upon Max sitting on the couch looking out the window. River sighed, she didn't want to invade on Max, but it was to late to leave now. Instead she smiled a half smile, looked down at the floor and sat down across from Max.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: