Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #481
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Max: Max opened her sketchbook and went straight back to the drawing of the monster. It was almost complete now, Max was just adding in the finishing touches that would really make the drawing look amazing. This drawing did look great, it was one of the few times in her life she could be proud of herself. The monster image was morbid, it was dark, ugly, horrific. But it was fantastically drawn with pen and ink, which really made it stand out on the page. Jack, who could see it if he was looking, might actually think it was good if he admitted it. Because even though the monster was terrible, it almost looked like he was the victim, just a little bit. Finally, she finishes, and blows softly on the ink to let it dry. She looked down at her drawing, slightly impressed.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #482
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Margo: Margo gathers her stuff and goes over to Alex. "Hey! I haven't talked to you all morning! What did you think of the first class?"
Alex: Alex laughed and smiled at her friend,"Hey, I know but that's probably my fault. Um it was alright a little boring but it is a class." She starts to walk to the lab and sits in her seat glad she gets to seat with someone she actually gets along with.

Jack: Jack looked over at Max's drawing and whitled lowly."Not bad, I like it." He compliments her looking at the picture trying to get more detail from it.

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #483
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll View Post
Alex: Alex laughed and smiled at her friend,"Hey, I know but that's probably my fault. Um it was alright a little boring but it is a class." She starts to walk to the lab and sits in her seat glad she gets to seat with someone she actually gets along with.

Jack: Jack looked over at Max's drawing and whitled lowly."Not bad, I like it." He compliments her looking at the picture trying to get more detail from it.
Max: "Thanks," Max said quietly. She'd never had anyone comment on her artwork positively before. Even her father dismissed it, but then, her father dismissed everything she did. Instead of this, she said, "I think it's the best I've done so far." The drawing is finished, but Max beginis nitpicking, making this part of a line more defined, giving just a little more shadow over here, etc. She doesn't notice when class begins to start.

Daniel: Daniel sits down next to Alex, flashing a smile at her. He wonders how science class will go. Most the time it's taught the same, but then, they were kids with powers. Was there a scientific reason for it?
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #484
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Max: "Thanks," Max said quietly. She'd never had anyone comment on her artwork positively before. Even her father dismissed it, but then, her father dismissed everything she did. Instead of this, she said, "I think it's the best I've done so far." The drawing is finished, but Max beginis nitpicking, making this part of a line more defined, giving just a little more shadow over here, etc. She doesn't notice when class begins to start.

Daniel: Daniel sits down next to Alex, flashing a smile at her. He wonders how science class will go. Most the time it's taught the same, but then, they were kids with powers. Was there a scientific reason for it?
Jack: Jack nods,"Well it's really good." He looked at the front of the class shocked at himself, he was actually being kind to someone. But he supposed she hadn't done anything to him personally to make him hate her.

Alex: Alex smiled at him and hummed a song quietly to herself trying to pass the time a little.

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #485
Fairywings

Max: Max gives Jack a small smile and returns to her artwork, mentally kicking herself for showing emotion.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins tapped on the table to get her students' attention and begin class. "So, it's not going to be the most exciting first science lesson, but I feel it's important, especially since we're a school that has people with powers in it. So many things can go wrong in the lab that it's important to know the safety rules and where things are located. We visited the lab on the tour, so you know some of the latter part. And I'm positive you've had lab safety before, but there's nothing wrong with a refresher. Alex, will you pass these rule sheets out?" she asked, handing Alex the stack.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #486
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

Amelia: Amelia takes her seat at the desk. She's not thrilled about having a lab partner, but the girl, Samantha, seemed nice enough. She sits quietly, waiting for class to begin.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #487
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Margo: Margo was surprised to be sitting in the front of the room. Troublemakers, noisy people, talkers, and anyone the teacher wanted to keep an eye on usually went in the front. Margo usually was assigned to the back, were the smart, quiet kids who listened went. The front was kind of nice for a change.

Nate: Nate came into science, arriving a bit late. It might only be a short walk, but Nate could always find a way to waste time. He slide into the seat next to Margo, hoping Professor Collins didn't notice. He wasn't to thrilled to be assigned Margo. He would much rather have gotten someone he was already friends with, like Britt. "Hey, Margo," Nate whispered, "Do you have a pen I could borrow?"

Margo: Margo, who had come prepared with two, handed him her extra. "How did you already loose your pen? We've had one class!" She whispered back, hoping they weren't causing to much of a disruption.

Nate: "I'm just talented like that." He joked.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #488
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Margo: Margo was surprised to be sitting in the front of the room. Troublemakers, noisy people, talkers, and anyone the teacher wanted to keep an eye on usually went in the front. Margo usually was assigned to the back, were the smart, quiet kids who listened went. The front was kind of nice for a change.

Nate: Nate came into science, arriving a bit late. It might only be a short walk, but Nate could always find a way to waste time. He slide into the seat next to Margo, hoping Professor Collins didn't notice. He wasn't to thrilled to be assigned Margo. He would much rather have gotten someone he was already friends with, like Britt. "Hey, Margo," Nate whispered, "Do you have a pen I could borrow?"

Margo: Margo, who had come prepared with two, handed him her extra. "How did you already loose your pen? We've had one class!" She whispered back, hoping they weren't causing to much of a disruption.

Nate: "I'm just talented like that." He joked.
Professor Collins: Professor Collins spoke in Nate's mind, Since this is your first tardy, I'll let you off, but be more careful next time.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #489
Fairywings

Professor Collins: As Alex was handing out the papers, Professor Collins was looking around her room at her students. As her gaze flicked around the room, she saw a bowed black head, pouring over a sketchbook. It appeared Max was not paying attention, once again. She wasn't even attempting to hide the fact she wasn't paying attention. The sketchbook, maybe, but not the act. "Maxine, bring me that sketchbook. It appears to be preventing you from paying attention. And you'll also be spending your study hall with me in detention."

Max: Max looked up, horrified but careful to look expressionless. She had other sketchbooks, but still. She'd worked hard on these drawings. It made her feel terrible that she had to give it up. But on the other hand, detention! On her first day of class! Max was doing well considering she was actually trying to get in trouble. She stood up, her blazer slipping off as she got up. She walked slowly over to Professor Collins, attempting to look cool and calm. She reached the professor's desk and reluctantly handed over the sketchbook and waited to be dismissed.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins flipped through the sketchbook, noticing two things. One, the drawings were actually really good. And two, each of the images were dated, and there seemed to be at least one every day. She got to the last picture and saw today's date written in the corner. It was a very detailed drawing, and very new, judging by the ink. "So, this is what you've been doing instead of following directions and taking notes last class." She paused, and looked straight at Max. Max showed no signs of regret, instead actual pleasure. Was she really happy to be in trouble? She was. Normally Max put on shows for people, Professor Collins had seen it in the girl's mind, but this was true happiness. "You're happy, aren't you?" When Max shrugged in reply, anyone could see it was basically a conformation. "You're shameless. In my many years of teaching, I've never seen that in a student. I'm sure your father would be so disappointed in you to hear that. Shall I call the lieutenant? I'm sure our conversation about your behavior will be quite pleasent."

Max: Max flinched. It was barely visible, just a slight movement and a fist being clenched and unclenched, but it was enough. Max said it cooly, but there was an edge of anger and bitterness as Max replied, "It won't matter whether you call him or not, my father is always disappointed in me. As for pleasent conversations, my father hasn't held one in my presence for ten years or so."

Professor Collins: Professor Collins was pretty sure most if not all of what Miss Patterson was saying was lying. "Well then, let's call Lieutenant Patterson and find out." With that, Professor Collins picked up the phone and started punching the numbers to Max's father's phone number.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #490
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

Britt:Britt was getting her usual antsy self and had to get up so she raised her hand and asked to use the lavatory. She really didn't have to go, but she just wanted to get up a roam around.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #491
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
Britt:Britt was getting her usual antsy self and had to get up so she raised her hand and asked to use the lavatory. She really didn't have to go, but she just wanted to get up a roam around.
Professor Collins: Professor Collins, preoccupied with trying to reach Max's father, didn't check Britt's mind and waved her away impatiently.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #492
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

Amelia: Amelia watches the scene going on between Max and Professor Collins. She couldn't believe Max. She thought that they were alike. She thought Max wanted to disappear, too, but apparently not. It seemed like Max was trying to draw attention to herself, something Amelia would never do.
If she had been interested in Max before, she was extremely intrigued now. There was definitely more to her than meets the eye, and Amelia wanted to find out more about her. She wasn't sure how she would do that, so she just decided to keep an eye on Max to see if she coud figure her out without having to actually talk to her.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #493
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

Britt: Britt quickly got up and exited the room. Where to go first she said to herself. She was thinking about going to the gym again so she headed toward that part of the academy.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #494
Fairywings

Professor Collins: Professor Collins smiled a little as she got a hold of Max's father. As she talked, an angry, loud voice could be heard from the phone, but you couldn't hear what it was saying. "Hello? Is this Lieutenant Patterson? Hi, I'm Professor Elizabeth Collins, from the Collins Institute fo Gifted Youngsters. I'm calling because your daughter, Maxine, has had poor behavior all day. She was disrupting my class, not paying attention, and not following diretions. I also took a sketchbook from her. Oh, so this is her normal behavior at school, is it? And have you done anything about it, seeing as this is her "normal school behavior"? Are you - Are you demanding me to put Maxine on the phone? Are you seriously speaking to me like this? You can talk to your girl, but we're not finished yet." Professor Collins thrust the phone into Max's hands.

Max: Max pressed the phone to her ear. At once, her father's normal verbal abuse poured out into her ears, filling her head with thoughts she had been trained to think for much of her life. If one was good with the sound of voices, it sounded much worse than a father angry with his daughter for not following the rules. As she was listening to her father and speaking to him, she was not keeping her guard up, and so allowed her emotions to show. She looked absolutely depressed, she looked as if she was in pain or she could be sick, and she looked as if all the fight had gone out of her eyes. But most notably, she looked afraid. "Yes sir, it's me. Sir, what happened was - Yes, I know. I know sir. I am sir. You're right sir, I am a disgrace to the family name. I should, sir. You've told me before sir. Sir, I - I - please listen sir, I'm trying - no, I'm not being disrespectful, I'm trying to explain - Yes sir. I'll follow through with whatever punishment you send me in the email. I always do. I know it's not good enough sir, I don't fool myself. Yes sir. I'm sorry sir. I know sir. No one knows better than me, sir. Yes sir. Yes, I understand sir. I know what day it is sir. I know what you'll have to do if I mess around too much. Sir, I - sir, you aren't listening! I am listening sir! I'm not being disrespectful. Yes sir. Yes, I know sir. Yes sir. Good bye sir." Max handed the phone to Professor Collins and said, "My father wants to talk to you again."

Professor Collins: Professor Collins listened on the phone for a bit before she opened her muth and said, "What are you saying? Lieutenant, I don't hit my students, even when they're disobediant. I don't like your tone. Excuse me? Are you threatening me? Well Lieutenant Patterson, you have certainly shown me a lot during this conversation. I have a class to teach, so I'll be hanging up now. Good bye." Professor Collins hung up the phone a bit harder than she needed to. She turned to Max, who was looking defeatedly at her, waiting to be spoken to. Based on what Lieutenant Patterson said on the phone with her, she wondered what he had said to his own daughter. "Maxine, you and your father are certainly pieces of work."

Max: Max looked apologetically at Professor Collins and replied with a hollow voice, "I know. Almost everyone I know has told me that one way or another."

Professor Collinbs; Professor Collins was going to throw the sketchbook on the desk and allow the other students to look through it, but she decided Max had gone through enough at the moment. "Take your seat Maxine," she said mercifully and put the sketchbook in her desk.

Max: Max turned away without replying and briskly took her seat, unwilling to look at Jack or any of the other students.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #495
Fairywings

Daniel: Daniel had no idea what he had just seen and heard. Whoever Max's father was, from the sound of the conversations, he wasn't exactly the nicest bloke. And he was curious now, because to him Max looked.........well, there was no other word he could think of than broken. And what was that part about being a disgrace to the family? What did that mean? Clearly there was much more to Max than any one side of her shown today, more than the troublemaker, more than the shy girl, more than the girl who didn't feel anything. In fact, Daniel thought Max felt lots of emotions, but it was all hidden away, under the surfave. Daniel had no idea how right he was.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: