Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
TnTWalter
DIS Veteran
 
TnTWalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 2,905

Have YES TICKET prices gone up?

i was playing around and it seems i'm not saving that much...

I can get 3 day base + extra day through undercovertourist for 5 adults [all over 10] $1274.75 [extra $5 off from mousesavers]

YES 4 day base TIX = $1050 for 3 STUDENTS attending + 1 adult attending and 1 not attending

it's $224 but I thought it was more last time I figured it...
__________________

April 2011 Offsite @ Bonnet Creek
June 2009 Offsite @ Windsor Hills followed by Beach Week @ Anna Maria Island
October 2007 Hawaii @ POLY
January 2006 Connecting Rooms @ POP 50s Sect.
TnTWalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
kalc12345
DIS Veteran
 
kalc12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 640

Yes, sadly they went up...A LOT
__________________
Me DH DD DS



kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
chimilady
DIS Veteran
 
chimilady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: America's Birthplace
Posts: 991

yup.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
DCLbrideSept2009
DIS Veteran
 
DCLbrideSept2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 744

Wow

Yeah, we were just looking it up. Our kids have done a class the last 3 trips and we saved nearly 50% on our tickets. Really the only way we can afford to go. Now prices have gone up so much that I don't think we can swing a trip this year. We have 6 in our family, and I was hoping to take my niece and nephew also this time since they have never been.
__________________
Dixie Landings May '96 / All Star Music December '97
Off-site Marriott February 2000 / POR March 2002
Contemporary Dec '02/Pop Century Aug '09
Coronado Springs Sept '09 "Disneymoon"
AKV Kidani March 2010/SSR and BWV July 2010
BWV and OKW June 2011/ASM Nov '11
Windsor Hills and OKW June 2012
Pop Oct '13/AKV Kidani NYE/Jan '14
Extended fam off-site June '14/Kidless F&W Oct '14
DCLbrideSept2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran
 
aprilfoolwed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 849

Yep - they sure did go up. That's why we're heading to Universal this year and not Disney. I just couldn't make it work this year.
__________________
Me DH DD (12) DS (10) DS (7)

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - Waiting for Mommy to finish her Master's Degree, then we're off to see the World!
aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!
 
Tinker'n'Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ask, I may tell!
Posts: 8,368

My niece works in WDW. She said they had to tighten the reigns this year do to people just ordering the tickets and not attending.

Not sure if it will be permanent or not, but they are monitoring it like a hawk this season. So we will see!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran
 
3pletprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North of the border
Posts: 2,977

That really sucks as I planned on getting those tickets this year to save money instead of getting free dining.
__________________
Me DH & our lovely triplet DD and toddler
3pletprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
My niece works in WDW. She said they had to tighten the reigns this year do to people just ordering the tickets and not attending.

Not sure if it will be permanent or not, but they are monitoring it like a hawk this season. So we will see!
I figured that would happen. People who take advantage always have to ruin it for the rest.

Too bad they couldn't have handled it a different way; cancel their tickets if they didn't show up, or keep their credit card number & charge the difference if they don't show up.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
wtrmlnlabs
DIS Veteran
 
wtrmlnlabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 732

Can anyone tell me:

Normally we just get regular tickets, not hopper passes, not Disney Quest, cheapest thing you can get. As PP said I planned to stay off site and save by getting YES tickets, not do free dining. I was excited to spend less money and have park hoppers and the Disney Quest included. Guess I'm asking if the YES tickets still include all the extras like that and still are cheaper than regular passes? If they are still less I'll still be thrilled
wtrmlnlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrmlnlabs View Post
Can anyone tell me:

Normally we just get regular tickets, not hopper passes, not Disney Quest, cheapest thing you can get. As PP said I planned to stay off site and save by getting YES tickets, not do free dining. I was excited to spend less money and have park hoppers and the Disney Quest included. Guess I'm asking if the YES tickets still include all the extras like that and still are cheaper than regular passes? If they are still less I'll still be thrilled
They are still less, but not much less at all than gate prices.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
chimilady
DIS Veteran
 
chimilady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: America's Birthplace
Posts: 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLbrideSept2009 View Post
Yeah, we were just looking it up. Our kids have done a class the last 3 trips and we saved nearly 50% on our tickets. Really the only way we can afford to go. Now prices have gone up so much that I don't think we can swing a trip this year. We have 6 in our family, and I was hoping to take my niece and nephew also this time since they have never been.
If you can go during homeschool days they still have awesomely low prices.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran
 
tripplanner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
If you can go during homeschool days they still have awesomely low prices.
When are homeschool days? I just checked prices and was shocked at how high they were. Last year we paid $950 for 5, 4 day park hoppers with water parks and more. This year for the base we were over $1000. Was thinking of room discount and these tickets and limit the dining but maybe it will finally be time to try Universal. Kids have been asking.
tripplanner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.