Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #31
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvgoing2disney View Post
It was Bama and LSU.
Whoops. I knew Florida didn't sound right but I had it stuck in my mind it was a repeat of the SEC championship game.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallygirl View Post
I too am rooting against Notre Dame for the same reason! I grew up in Cincinnati and am a lifelong UC fan!
Well, hello former fellow Cincinnatian!

All I can say is, the Irish better not get too used to having Brian Kelly around. As soon as he gets a bigger and better job opportunity (read: more money), he'll jump, and it won't be done gracefully, either. It still burns me up the way he chose to leave here.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #33
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
But remember how many people complained when Alabama & LSU played for the National title?
Oh I remember. However, I was of the mindset that my team (A&M) had no room to complain because we hadn't taken care of business and didn't deserve to be there over either team. But that's my mindset. I don't care if every single team in the top 10 is from the same conference, they earned a spot in a better bowl than a team from another conference that didn't perform as well.

But, for the record, if you are going to complain about how you are better than the bowl for which you were selected (I'm looking at you, USC, and to a lesser degree LSU), you might want to actually win your "lesser" bowl.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #34
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Well, hello former fellow Cincinnatian!

All I can say is, the Irish better not get too used to having Brian Kelly around. As soon as he gets a bigger and better job opportunity (read: more money), he'll jump, and it won't be done gracefully, either. It still burns me up the way he chose to leave here.
It will likely have to be a pro job, then, because there is only one athletic department in the country that has more money than Notre Dame.

I'm curious, though, about your anger at how he left. Is the anger because he left altogether, or the fact that he left prior to coaching yall in the Sugar Bowl?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
It will likely have to be a pro job, then, because there is only one athletic department in the country that has more money than Notre Dame.

I'm curious, though, about your anger at how he left. Is the anger because he left altogether, or the fact that he left prior to coaching yall in the Sugar Bowl?
My anger is about the way he left. He went on every local TV and radio show here and said how much he loved Cincinnati, he and his family loved the city and he was staying. He was denying that he was even interviewing anywhere even as it was being leaked all over the news that he HAD interviewed. He laughed and joked about it ... then waited until UC's annual senior banquet to tell the team he was leaving. Yep, he did it AT their banquet! The team was so upset and angry that many of them walked out, and I don't blame them. He kept saying he was 100% committed to being here and those kids were blindsided.

It was disgraceful the way he chose to leave. I understand - you have a better opportunity to make more money, to go and do what you consider your dream job. But if you take that job, which he did prior to the banquet, the least you can do is be a man and stand up and say you did.

I honestly don't think UC could have won the Sugar Bowl even if he had been here, so for me it doesn't have anything to do with that aspect of it.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

I've been a Bama fan my entire life, but I also love the other teams in the SEC!! I've been watching the bowl games of the SEC teams. And you bet I'm rooting for my Bama Boys to bring home #15!!!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
PrincessShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #37
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
My anger is about the way he left. He went on every local TV and radio show here and said how much he loved Cincinnati, he and his family loved the city and he was staying. He was denying that he was even interviewing anywhere even as it was being leaked all over the news that he HAD interviewed. He laughed and joked about it ... then waited until UC's annual senior banquet to tell the team he was leaving. Yep, he did it AT their banquet! The team was so upset and angry that many of them walked out, and I don't blame them. He kept saying he was 100% committed to being here and those kids were blindsided.

It was disgraceful the way he chose to leave. I understand - you have a better opportunity to make more money, to go and do what you consider your dream job. But if you take that job, which he did prior to the banquet, the least you can do is be a man and stand up and say you did.

I honestly don't think UC could have won the Sugar Bowl even if he had been here, so for me it doesn't have anything to do with that aspect of it.
Gotcha and completely understand. I will always have some anger towards Billy Gillispie for how he left Texas A&M. The man was a ticking time bomb with a drinking problem who was a heartbeat away from getting a DWI and disgracing the university. Therefore, I wasn't all that sad to see him go. HOWEVER, he decided to leave us for Kentucky and informed his players he was gone via text message. I mean, really, a text message. I get him wanting to go. It is a better program with more prestige. However, stand up, be a man, and tell the men with whom you have spent every dingle day of the past 3 years about your decision in person.

Due to empathy, I shall be angry with Brian Kelly right along with you.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
I've been a Bama fan my entire life, but I also love the other teams in the SEC!! I've been watching the bowl games of the SEC teams. And you bet I'm rooting for my Bama Boys to bring home #15!!!
My office is across the street maybe 200 yards from the football complex. They had quite an entourage as they left for the airport today. We are leaving Saturday morning and looking forward to my sons first Bama ND game. We went to the NC game last year and hope to have the same results

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

I'm BEYOND jealous that you'll be at the game!! That would be the ultimate for my son. The day we found out we were having a boy, we went out and bought an Alabama football. When I finally brought him home from the hospital (he was a premie and in the NICU for quite awhile), I brought him home in a christening gown. As soon as we walked in the front door, it was quickly changed to Bama clothes. That was Nov. 10, 1990......Bama and LSU were playing. I say I'm a huge Bama fan, but he loves them more than I do! We joke that he was a Bama fan before he was born!

Have a GREAT time at the game and ROLL TIDE ROLL......Bring home #15!!!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
PrincessShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #40
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Nice Sugar Bowl! I love when the lower rated team wins.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #41
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
I have always been a fan of Charlie Strong regardless, so I was definitely pulling for Louisville. I was also thrilled by the Chick Fil A Bowl, since Clemson is an institution in our family. I gotta say, and flame away, I'll be pulling for ND, even though I don't trust Brian Kelly as far as I can throw him (and I would love to toss him). I grew up in South Bend, so it's the home team for me. I have spent a little too much time streaming the games at my desk this year, since I start work at ten and the timing of the games is killing me.

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
I'm BEYOND jealous that you'll be at the game!! That would be the ultimate for my son. The day we found out we were having a boy, we went out and bought an Alabama football. When I finally brought him home from the hospital (he was a premie and in the NICU for quite awhile), I brought him home in a christening gown. As soon as we walked in the front door, it was quickly changed to Bama clothes. That was Nov. 10, 1990......Bama and LSU were playing. I say I'm a huge Bama fan, but he loves them more than I do! We joke that he was a Bama fan before he was born!

Have a GREAT time at the game and ROLL TIDE ROLL......Bring home #15!!!
We will do everything we can to help the Tide Roll, no doubt about that.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #43
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone thought FL was a legitimate #3. I'm a Mizzou fan & as bad as Mizzou was this year (down on both talent AND wrought with injuries), they nearly beat FL *IN* FL. MO's offense is the weakest it's been in a decade, and they marched up & down the field on FL - yet FL allegedly had this tremendous D. I didn't get it. So, last night was kind of sweet for me
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Being a UGA fan, I was happy to see FL get beat last night. I usually root for all the SEC teams in bowls, but just couldn't bring myself to cheer for FL.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #45
JennaDeeDooDah

Anybody see that Cotton Bowl? WHOOP! Way to go, Aggies!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: