Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

I'm answering Moving to Orlando/Working for Disney questions!

I decided to start the new year off with a new series of posts on my blog that will cover all kinds of info and advice around moving to Orlando and working for Disney. I know a lot of people here are hoping/planning to make that move in the future, so I thought I'd let you guys know that I'm taking questions! If there's anything specific you'd like to know about, you can either email me (Crystal at lovemanythings dot net) or leave a comment on the blog post here!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
WDW Poly Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Swissdog2010
DDC 677

Thanks, your highness, i'm one of those looking to retire down there so i'll be sure to check your blog.
DisDad Member #677 Hooahh!

[1996---Off Property,2004---OKW, 2005---OKW,
2006---OKW/SSR,2007---OKW/SSR 2008---OKW/SSR
2009---SSR/SSR,2010---OKW/SSR,2011---OKW/SSR
2012---OKW/SSR, 2013---OKW/OKW, 2014---SSR/SSR(booked)
Swissdog2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Could I ask what your qualifications are to give such advice? (Not being snarky ... just asking.)

Thanks!

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
DawnM
Dawn

DH and I are talking about retiring and working for Disney (he has worked for Disney before), but we both have specific skills and don't plan to be general cast members. And if we don't get the jobs, heck, we will be retired, we will just get APs and enjoy!

I do keep pestering him to find a local job at ESPN so we can enjoy the Disney benefits though!

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Look forward to reading your blog. I used to follow the Relocated Tourist, but she has quit posting.
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Awesome!
I will be watching closely...
Any ideas on good areas for family with small kids (great schools, safe neighborhood, affordable, close to disney )?
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Could I ask what your qualifications are to give such advice? (Not being snarky ... just asking.)

Thanks!

That was also my first though when I saw your post.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post

Thanks!

You learn an awful lot by doing!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Maybe you can answer a question I have. I already moved to FL and just got a job with Disney but I'm thinking that when our lease is up we should move closer to LBV, because I'm 40 mins away right now. What apartment complexes offer CM discounts?
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

IheartMickey- I sent you a PM w/ some suggestions!

Thanks for the questions so far, everyone- I've added them to my list of what to cover! Outside ideas are helping a lot, since I know what info was important for me, but there's such a diverse group of people making that move!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMickey
Maybe you can answer a question I have. I already moved to FL and just got a job with Disney but I'm thinking that when our lease is up we should move closer to LBV, because I'm 40 mins away right now. What apartment complexes offer CM discounts?
Look in the Eyes and Ears monthly. It lists a lot of places that offer CM discounts
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

I ended up putting together a "Hey, who the heck are you?" post for those that were interested in my background/experience!

http://blog.lovemanythings.net/2013/...k-are-you.html

I think my first actual post is going to be about Traditions & training, since those are generally the #1 thing people are curious about (and thankfully one of the top things I have experience in!)

Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Thanks for your response and the post on your Blog. Sometimes I look at what people post and wonder what planet are they from. I think you can see why both WDSearcher and I asked the question, and it does show that you know what you are talking about.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

I appreciate the post idea inspiration! It will probably come in handy in the future to have a background info post in place so to avoid having to stop and explain "Now, I've never worked in quick service food & beverage personally, but..." types of things.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #15
fall08CP
Cheesehead

My work location forbid me from posting on the Dis if I identified as a CM. When I first moved down, I posted on the FAQ for the resort I worked at and was pulled aside by management the next day. They said you can be disciplined for things you post about your job, co-workers, or guests online.

Just be careful, they watch these boards like hawks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: