Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
t4w
Time for Everything

What do we do on a Cozumel cruise in February

Never been on a cruise before! I could not pass up the price, but am wondering what you do on a cruise to Cozumel in February? Is it warm enough to swim? Family friendly ideas in Cozumel (7 and 9 year old)?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

We loved xcaret!

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
sue
love my DVC

We sailed right after hurricane Sandy and we did a dolphin encounter on Cozumel. The water was a bit chilly since we actually walked a little higher than waist deep into the actual ocean, but hey, who really cares. It's a adventure right?
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We just did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris (December) and had a wonderful time that our kids will remember forever -- petting, hugging, kissing, dancing with and riding (belly ride) with dolphins. We had two families with kids ranging from 5 to 10, and all the kids loved it. As for water temps, not sure what February would bring! We were there in December and had wetsuit shorties for the kids, but they did not want or need them....but again, December and February could be a lot different!

Fair warning -- this is not the cheapest excursion available, but it is something of a "bucket list" experience for some (e.g., my DW), so definitely something you need to do at least once. In a similar vein, they do not let you take your own camera into the experience itself...but are all too happy to sell you the photos/videos that they take for you!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

We just did a beach day in Cozumel. They have many nice beaches and by beaches I mean Beach Clubs. Many people recommend Paradise Beach for kids as it has a nice pool and slides and trampoline in the ocean. It is a beach club, so you pay $2 pp for the use of "facilities" (chairs, toilet etc) and then it was an additional $12 pp for use of ocean water slides/trampoline etc. We loved it. We even had some problems with our CC not working and they not only let my husband call the US TWICE from their phone, in the end the owner simply said to mail him a check when we got back (b/c we never did get the CC working and had not brought extra cash). Great customer satisfaction since my husband didn't have to return to the ship to get more cash and that saved our day!
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

We go to Cozumel every year in January. Going again in a couple of weeks. The weather is very "swimmable". Cozumel has many beach clubs. Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum and Mr Sanchos seem to be the popular ones.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
RobertSDF
Earning My Ears

Palancar Beach

My favorite Cozumel beach was not mentioned. I much prefer the Palancar Beach Club. It normally gets no cruise ship tours, is uncrowded and one of the best beaches in Cozumel. Also, unlike many others, fair food and drink prices.
RobertSDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: