Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
Capt Cook's-poly
POR/POFQ-poor boy, chef dinners, beignets, create your own pasta
Mara-AKL
Sunshine Seasons
Pecos Bills-topping bar
Cosmic Rays-topping bar
Columia Harbour House-shrimp

Here is a link to counter service menus: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
DHS: You'll probably notice two trends in this thead. First, people will tell you that they really enjoy Flame Tree at AK. Second, people will tell you that there isn't any good CS food at DHS. Funny thing is, Fairfax Fare at DHS serves pretty much the same food as Flame Tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman View Post
My favorite is Flame Tree at AK -- actually has very good Q for anywhere, not just good considering that it's at a theme park...

Have yet to find any CS at HS that I would consider palatable or even edible..
See what I mean?? The head-scratching continues...
JimmyV is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Do I really just have to pick one? For some parks, I just can't. I'm going to cheat just a little.

Magic Kingdom - Definitely Cosmic Ray's. I love that silly little singing alien, Sonny Eclipse. I think that the assortment of food is fantastic as everyone in our group, no matter the size, is always able to find something. The topping bar is also fantastic. Honorable mention does go to Casey's, though. Be Our Guest looks fun and we will try it out when/if the excitement wears down and it isn't as crowded.

Epcot - I keep going back and forth between Tangerine Cafe and Cantina de San Angel. I love mexican food and being from Texas, I am pretty particular about what I personally like. Cantina is very good. They have shortened their menu in recent years, though, and I'm not happy about that. Tangerine Cafe is excellent with HUGE portions. You and your husband could likely split something easily. Or, just get your own and eat off of each other's plates. The lamb wrap is probably my favorite. Make sure you get the baklava. It might have seven million calories in one little triangle, but I think it's worth it.

DHS - I agree with people that Starring Rolls is good - especially if you get the butterfinger cupcake. Oh wow it is good! But, for me, it doesn't get much better in this park than Min and Bill's frankfurter in a pretzel roll. It comes with homemade chips and I will sometimes splurge and get the frozen lemonade.

Animal Kingdom - I spend as little time as possible in this park as it is easily my least favorite. That said, I think that Flametree is easily my favorite. The food is the same bbq you get in the rest of the park, which isn't bad, but I especially enjoy the themed rooms.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

AK: I've been to Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari and honestly didn't care for either, so I have no QS recommendations for this park

DHS: Studio Catering Company is probably the best option IMO, but still not all that great

EP: (Future World): Sunshine Seasons (World Showcase): This is a hard one. La Cantina de San Angel and Boulangerie Patisserie are both good options IMO. I am trying Tangierine Cafe next month, looking forward to something unique!

MK: Haven't been there yet, but Be Our Guest looks terrific! Otherwise this is another hard one for me - I love Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill (they have an awesome toppings bar)
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
It might have seven million calories in one little triangle, but I think it's worth it.

You "inspired" me to look it up lol as my local greek restaurant claims in a sign that baklava is a "low calorie and low sugar" option because it's made from natural sweeteners from honey. Depending on how big the piece is, the interwebs claims it's 334 calories, 22.64 grams of fat , and 9.91 grams of sugar.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
You "inspired" me to look it up lol as my local greek restaurant claims in a sign that baklava is a "low calorie and low sugar" option because it's made from natural sweeteners from honey. Depending on how big the piece is, the interwebs claims it's 334 calories, 22.64 grams of fat , and 9.91 grams of sugar.
Sad that one little triangle can have as many calories as a typical lunch, isn't it? And the fat? Oh my gosh. Maybe if I eat it while doing a wall-sit and lifting weights with my free hand...

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
tomigirl484
Earning My Ears

All of these awesome suggestions are making my mouth water!!! Thanks everyone for your advice and recommendations! Definitely on the docket so far is WPE, Starring Rolls, Sunshine Seasons, and Sleepy Hollow based on these posts....AHHHH, can't wait!!! Thanks for all the well wishes...I'm gonna try not to gain more than 10 lbs on this trip

1987-2005 Many, many, many day trips to DL as a kid
Jan 2013 - FIRST trip to WDW with DH
tomigirl484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #23
j-me
Mouseketeer

Don't miss a DOLE WHIP

Don't miss a DOLE WHIP in Fantasyland MK... it's MUST HAVE especially on your first trip.

Epcot World showcase.. ENGLAND...fish and chips
MK... Comsic Rays

Hope you have a wonderful time .. You WILL!!!
2/2007 Off-site condo & All Star Movies]:
5/2005 GKTW..our son's Make A Wish Trip
1991..Honeymoon offsite
1987 Downtown Disney
1977 Off-site
j-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

MK- Columbia Harbor house
Epcot - Morocco & Germany. Desserts -- France
AK -- Flametree BBq
HS- starring rolls or back lot express
Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
amberpi
DIS Veteran

We knock out DHS early in the day because the food there is so bad (to us) - there for RD and then walk over to Epcot for lunch. The Morroccan, French, Norwegian, UK, German and now Italian pavilions (if you count tapas at the wine bar as CS, its definitely quick service) have very good offerings. We enjoy grazing and having a few drinks in the later afternoon, so this works for us.

As mentioned, Flametree is the best at the AK, but still not as good as offerings at Epcot - can you tell I love Epcot and the World Showcase food?

DTD for Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express - which are both excellent.

MK - I'll be honest, one of my BEST memories of childhood took place at WDW and the Plaza restaurant, where I learned that on vacation my folks would let me have ice cream for lunch. It was magical So, I almost always go there for lunch (but I'm trying BOG of course for my trip next week!) and you can often get in without too much of a wait. That said, I was pleasantly surprised at Tortuga Tavern on my last girls trip. The chicken taco salad was far better than I anticipated and while I always thought a "fixings bar" sounded gross, I was proven wrong by all the jalapeno's I could stand!
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

MK - Pecos Bill/Columbia Harbour
AK - Flametree BBQ
Epcot - SO hard! Mexico, Morocco, and Sunshine Seasons
Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls for a sandwich and cupcake

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
See what I mean?? The head-scratching continues...
This is actually pretty funny, had not noticed your post, obviously, but at least in my experience, I stand by my comments.

I've not tried the BBQ at Fairfax Fare, but just because the same items appear on a menu doesn't mean they are the same, which is particularly important when talking about BBQ. Pretty much every BBQ place has the same items on the menu (at least in a particular region), but not all ribs, pulled pork and smoked chicken are created equal. Does the food at Fairfax actually taste like the stuff at Flame Tree? The aromas at Flame Tree draw me in, and even though I've eaten at Fairfax Fare before, I've never even been tempted, which suggests that they are using a different preparation.

If they ARE smoking them over at DHS, well, I know where I'm going to try to visit on my next trip!

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #28
sambisc
Mouseketeer

Flame Tree Barbecue has a good menu, generous portions, and a nice seating area.

Dole Whip in MK is a must for a snack!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

Two words: Schoolbread Norway

Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
michellebeck316
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts
MK: Pecos Bill's (love the fix your own taco salads) or Cosmic Ray's(1/2 chicken is a great deal)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons

DHS: Studio Catering Co.

AK: Flame Tree(great deal of 1/2 chicken or ribs meals) or Pizzafari(nice to be in the A/C)

DTD: WPE(this might be our favorite CS food on property!)

All of our favs too!

Movies, Pop, Sports, Music, Riverside, Fort Wilderness

We go twice a year too much to list the dates!!
michellebeck316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: