Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Pasta Anywone???

Sorry for hijacking as well..

My DD who is pickey and 7 is dying to know about pasta options..

Only she is a PLAIN pasta girl. No sauces, no green stuff. Parm cheese only. Mass piles of plain noodles. I am guessing this is not a good option for her to order at sit down resturants?
I worry they will underestimate the amound of pasta this girl can eat when she fills her hump and take too long to get more. A kid portion of pasta will be a bit of a joke.

Where would be the best place for her to carb load.

There are few foods that she will load up on, she is a bit picky, when I see she is not getting enough calories for a day or two because of her pickyness, I try to make sure some of these favorite foods are available at a meal. Plain pasta is one. I would rather her get in a good portion of pasta, then just sugar desserts.

Also wondering about salmon. Any salmon options?.. and is there a plain salmon with no seasonings option. Again one of my DD's favorite proteins, but she is anti seasonings and sauces. Plain Jane.
Kids have more tasebuds than adults, and she was blessed with very sensitive ones. Even finding a toothpaste that she could palate was difficult.

Sure she likes pizza and other things. Just looking to see best plain pasta options.

Sorry about the book.

Plain Pasta?
Plain Salmon?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #32
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalmommy View Post
Sorry for hijacking as well..

My DD who is pickey and 7 is dying to know about pasta options..

Only she is a PLAIN pasta girl. No sauces, no green stuff. Parm cheese only. Mass piles of plain noodles. I am guessing this is not a good option for her to order at sit down resturants?
I worry they will underestimate the amound of pasta this girl can eat when she fills her hump and take too long to get more. A kid portion of pasta will be a bit of a joke.

Where would be the best place for her to carb load.

There are few foods that she will load up on, she is a bit picky, when I see she is not getting enough calories for a day or two because of her pickyness, I try to make sure some of these favorite foods are available at a meal. Plain pasta is one. I would rather her get in a good portion of pasta, then just sugar desserts.

Also wondering about salmon. Any salmon options?.. and is there a plain salmon with no seasonings option. Again one of my DD's favorite proteins, but she is anti seasonings and sauces. Plain Jane.
Kids have more tasebuds than adults, and she was blessed with very sensitive ones. Even finding a toothpaste that she could palate was difficult.

Sure she likes pizza and other things. Just looking to see best plain pasta options.

Sorry about the book.

Plain Pasta?
Plain Salmon?
Tell your head server exactly what she likes. They will do their absolute best to get it for you. We made the mistake of waiting until day 5 of our 7 night cruise to ask for something. He told us "Just ask". Bet you'll have exactly what you want waiting to be served to you every night at dinner in an amount that would shock you!
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: