Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Three night... Is there time for massages?

My husband and I talked About doing a couples massage. When would be the best time on a three night cruise to do this???
Thanks!

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

The couples massage on Castaway Cay is great. You are in a open air cabana on Serenity Bay (adult beach). Nothing better than getting a massage while you hear the waves and feel the island breeze.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
sambycat
DIS Veteran

3 nights are tight but if this is a priority for you, do it. i would recommend you look and see what is available and then try and decide? they do hold some times back for on the ship bookings, but on every cruise we’ve gone on, couples appointments have been booked solid.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We have done the 2.5 hour couples massage/retreat on the ship (Dream and Fantasy). It is quite relaxing, but on a 3-day, I think justifying that much time out of a day might depend on whether you have a day at sea. If so, then go for it! If not, then it would simply depend on what sort of excursions you have planned in the ports. If you're out for most of the day, then I would not be inclined to skip dinners or shows for the massage. But if just a half-day excursion, maybe there's still time -- e.g., go off ship in morning and come back in early afternoon for the treatment. Definitely gives you a relaxed, vacation feel!

I do like the PP's suggestion of having it done at Castaway Cay. With that, you wouldn't really feel like you're missing out on anything else, especially if you're without kids.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I'll second the cabanas at Castaway Cay. That's the only good way to work it into such a short cruise.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
engle
DIS Veteran

DH and I always get a couples massage. We did one on CC and hated it...we could hear people outside yelling and talking. We prefer it indoors. Anyway, do you have late dining and do you have kiddos with you? If you do have late dining, you could miss a show and do a late afternoon massage and just get ready to go to dinner right at the spa. Their showers are awesome!! We are child free so that is from my p.o.v...if you have kiddos with you, pp are right, it might be tight....it all depends on what else you want to do. I didn't really like it at CC but it is definitely an option.
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

I did a Cabana massage (solo as my DW is indifferent to them) in November 2012 for the first time and hated it. I could hear every maintenance cart, the tram, all of the conversation by the couple next to us and their therapists post-session, and ALL of the conversation by the people on the beach in front of us.

I'll never do one on the island again. I marched right up the gangway and straight to the spa to speak to a manager. NOT the relaxing experience I intended.

No, they didn't comp it. I still wish they would have. Definitely was not as advertised.

I'll stick to the ones in the spa.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
engle
DIS Veteran

Do they offer massages on board on CC day?? Anyone know?
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much...I love the disboards!

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: