Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #16
summerw
Mouseketeer

Following! I'm glad the crowds didn't get in your family's way. Sounds like a great trip already.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #17
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

I am jumping aboard if that's okay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
She was scared too, but the difference is when its over shes happy and wants to go again.
Your DD11 sounds like me lol

I hope you don't mind but I would love to follow on & read all about your Christmas trip :-) sounds great so far!!
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #18
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Joining in on this trip report! I dont think I will ever go at Christmas, so I cant wait to read about your experience. My dd22's husbands family was there over that same time in Ft Wilderness. Total novices so Im sure their trip did not go over as well as yours
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Havent read any of the posts yet, but I will come back and catch up in just a little bit
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #20
beachta1
Mouseketeer

Following! Sounds like a great start to your trip. Osbourne Lights are so stunning, what a great way to spend Christmas Eve Can't wait to read more.
beachta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

As promised, I came back to read the posts (just had to wait until my little boys were napping )

Osborne lights sounds like a perfect way to start the trip! They were sooooo amazing!

Cant wait to hear how your Epcot Christmas day went! We were there the same day
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
Following! I'm glad the crowds didn't get in your family's way. Sounds like a great trip already.
Welcome! Not at all, but we did do our best to avoid the worst of them. A couple of times it got crazy - you'll hear/see soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Your DD11 sounds like me lol

I hope you don't mind but I would love to follow on & read all about your Christmas trip :-) sounds great so far!!
Dont mind a bit! I'm glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Joining in on this trip report! I dont think I will ever go at Christmas, so I cant wait to read about your experience. My dd22's husbands family was there over that same time in Ft Wilderness. Total novices so Im sure their trip did not go over as well as yours
I was super worried about it, but it really was magical and great! Id do it again. Id change up a couple of things, but Id go back for Christmas no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Joining in! Havent read any of the posts yet, but I will come back and catch up in just a little bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
Following! Sounds like a great start to your trip. Osbourne Lights are so stunning, what a great way to spend Christmas Eve Can't wait to read more.
It was! I loved the lights, they were so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
As promised, I came back to read the posts (just had to wait until my little boys were napping )

Osborne lights sounds like a perfect way to start the trip! They were sooooo amazing!

Cant wait to hear how your Epcot Christmas day went! We were there the same day
I KNOW! I kept looking for you but I never saw you, even around Le Cellier. But were seated and out before your ADR time I think. They were super fast and efficient that day. All our ADRs were really. I was kinda worried about that and the crowds but they were all good.

Another update being written right now

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Magical Christmas at EPCOT!

After we had our quick bite of breakfast, we grabbed our KTTW cards, and our park bag and made our way to the bus stop. We got there at 705, and in just a few minutes a bus to EPCOT pulled up. We were on our way!

We arrived at EPCOT at 725.

People were already lined up at the middle turnstiles, but because I DIS, I knew you could walk up to any of them. So we went over to the next set and got in line, right next to the RFID tap stations. The CM at the turnstile told us to get in line at the regular ones, b/c sometimes the RFID stations don't come up online right at opening, so they wait before they line people up there. That was fine, the regular old turnstiles work just fine.

The CM at our gate was awesome. She chatted with us and talked to us about Christmas and about MK and the crowds on CE. Someone asked what capacity was at MK, with the Fantasyland Expansion, and she went and talked to a "suit" by the gate, and came back and said "ooops, we arent supposed to tell you that, and she wouldnt tell me"

At about 745, they turned the turnstiles on and the opening song began. I cried. I'm such a sap. I had never heard the welcome song at EPCOT, but my goodness it was sweet. We had fun saying hello in all the languages. Then, it was ON! We were one of the first families all the way in.

And we're off! We walked, not ran, not jogged, I hate that "race" for FPs. So we strolled, and made our way to Soarin' to get FP.

Our plan was to grab FP for Soarin, so we could go through the queue in Test Track. After I almost grabbed FP for the "land" ride - thanks to the CM that said, um are you sure you arent looking for Soarin'?? I said, matter of fact, I am. I got our four FPs and came back out of the land to meet up with the family.

We started walking towards Test Track. And read the map wrong, and took a wrong turn. BUT it turned out to be an AWESOME wrong turn.

Stay Tuned!!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Are you ready for the first GALLONS of pixie dust that was dropped on our magical Christmas vacation, at 805 am in EPCOT 12/25/12? Are you ready??

I hope you are. I hope you have tissues because every time I look at this set of photos I tear up.

We turned a corner, and a whole slew of CMs and photopass photogs were coming out of a building....

with none other than, MICKEY, MINNIE AND PLUTO. All together.

My dds saw them and dd7 squealed. Grabbed on to her santa hat and took off running as the CMs were waving her over to them. And then, Minnie opened her arms and started running TOWARDS my DD7. And then Pluto. And then Mickey. Check out the series I managed to snap.

Minnie made a big deal over DD11s Christmas jewelry. She loved the fact that it matched! They all pointed at our shirts and just danced around.

Then they took the girls by the hand and took them off to a place to pose for photos

I'll add a couple of mine for now, and when photopass comes in I'll update with those.

After this could we possible have any more magic??? After our "uhoh" detour that turned into WOW, it was time to RIDE some RIDES!!!!

Would we like Test Track? Did we make our Soarin time? Would we get ANYTHING accomplished the busiest week of the year?

Last edited by 1stvisit0909; 09-12-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #25
blessedby3

That is some awesome pixie dust!! Your girls are just precious...and the younger one running for Minnie sweet! Cant wait to see what other pixie dust you have dumped on you
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is some awesome pixie dust!! Your girls are just precious...and the younger one running for Minnie sweet! Cant wait to see what other pixie dust you have dumped on you
Thanks! It really felt like a commercial. All the planning I did and 15 mins into our first full day BAM unplanned pixie dust. :D

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
blessedby3

I love your shirts too! Did you make them or get them on etsy? Very cute!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #28
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love your shirts too! Did you make them or get them on etsy? Very cute!
Thanks! Etsy all the way! I have good ideas, but I'm terrible at follow through. I loved them! We got so many compliments.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #29
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909
Are you ready for the first GALLONS of pixie dust that was dropped on our magical Christmas vacation, at 805 am in EPCOT 12/25/12? Are you ready??

I hope you are. I hope you have tissues because every time I look at this set of photos I tear up.

We turned a corner, and a whole slew of CMs and photopass photogs were coming out of a building....

with none other than, MICKEY, MINNIE AND PLUTO. All together.

My dds saw them and dd7 squealed. Grabbed on to her santa hat and took off running as the CMs were waving her over to them. And then, Minnie opened her arms and started running TOWARDS my DD7. And then Pluto. And then Mickey. Check out the series I managed to snap.

Minnie made a big deal over DD11s Christmas jewelry. She loved the fact that it matched! They all pointed at our shirts and just danced around.

Then they took the girls by the hand and took them off to a place to pose for photos

I'll add a couple of mine for now, and when photopass comes in I'll update with those.

After this could we possible have any more magic??? After our "uhoh" detour that turned into WOW, it was time to RIDE some RIDES!!!!

Would we like Test Track? Did we make our Soarin time? Would we get ANYTHING accomplished the busiest week of the year?
I LOVE this so much. People wonder why we keep going back - it's not the rides and everything it's THESE moments, the unplanned magical moments whether its super Disney magic like this or the magic you create together. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! You can't put a price or dollar amount on this stuff!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I LOVE this so much. People wonder why we keep going back - it's not the rides and everything it's THESE moments, the unplanned magical moments whether its super Disney magic like this or the magic you create together. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! You can't put a price or dollar amount on this stuff!!

This moment made the entire trip worth it and then some.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: