Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
pannm
Mouseketeer

DCL Drink prices???

I have been looking through food pictures and I've seen several yummy looking, fruity drinks. My husband and I are not big drinkers, but I do plan to have one or two fruity drinks by the pool- or at the sail away or pirates party.

I have a few questions:

How much (for the most part) are the fruity drinks? I don't care about beer prices.

I've been seeing a lot of 'sail away party drinks'...are they only available at the sail away party? Do they cost more/less? Can you buy the glass along with it or does the price include the glass?

Does 'pirate party night' have special drinks? Are they the same prices or cheaper/more expensive?

Is the 'drink of the day' cheaper? Or no?

How much are non-alcoholic drinks (special ones)?

Is pop included at the walk-up/quick service locations? Or only if you go and get it yourself at the soda station by the pool (we are on Magic)?

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Fountain soda's a free, just need to go to the drink station near the pool. Open 24/7

Soda (fountain) is also free at diner & Castaway Cay. At CC you need to go get it at the fountain, if you ask the waiter they will charge you.

Not sure about the alcohol, not a big drinker either.
If you want to try something new, fun and cheap go to the Martini tasting I believe it's only 15$ Did it on my last cruise, never had a Martini before. Drank some no so good ones but some AWESOME ones too, meet nice people and laugh at lot
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I found the drink prices to be reasonable. Other people I know have taken other cruises and warned me about outrageous prices but I was pleasently surprised. We got the signature drink with dinner at Animator's Palate and I believe it was about 5 dollars each. We also got the drink of the day and that was about 4. When I was on Castaway Cay, I had bahama mamas delivered to my chair and they were 3.75. We also did the tequila tasting and we got 3 shots of tequila (all Patron types) (they'd refill them if you wanted - I couldn't handle that much if i wanted too...) and pretty much all the Patron magaritas you wanted and that was $15 each.

I never did any non alcholic drinks and soda is free all over. I believe a beer (just incase you're wondering was $3.75).

The most expensive thing was our wine packages with Remi (it was our honeymoon...we splurged!) was $99 but it was really cool and I really enjoyed the wines! However, I wouldn't do that again.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly View Post

I never did any non alcholic drinks and soda is free all over. I believe a beer (just incase you're wondering was $3.75).
Soda is only free at the drink fountains onboard and at Castaway. In the dining room it's free but only the fountain one. Root beer (not sure if there is other ones) is in a can, it will be charged. If you get soda from room service it will be charged. Same if you get it from the waiter at CC or from a bar.

Not all over
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: