Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #16
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
Any guests are welcome to check out the Disney resorts and eat at their restaurants. They can check out the pools. But if the girls are interested in swimming at the Disney resort, you have to be a registered guest of that resort. I hope this helps.
I believe the OP meant swimming at their own hotel. The Caribe Royal has a pool and their own 75-foot water slide.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! AKL - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

For a nicer, but inexpensive place for dinner, I'd check out Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! AKL - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #18
leahcar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
I believe the OP meant swimming at their own hotel. The Caribe Royal has a pool and their own 75-foot water slide.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
leahcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You can also ride the water taxis for free. I would do a loop, first going to OKW, then browse around until you get to the Marketplace stop. You can go over to SSR and catch a few appetizers on the patio at the Turf Club. Then walk back over and catch the water taxi to POFQ and POR; both have entertainment starting at 8:00 pm in their respective lounges, Wednesday through Saturday.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I love the water taxis and concerts at DTD - Old Key West - Goods to Go - conch chowder is about $4 - plus you can often get a grilled cheese to go with that not too bad a price - it is fun to travel by water to all of them depending on how much time you have - POR, POFQ, SSR

DTD Wolfgang Puck Express IMO best value for money spent - lots of things large enough to share. Ghiradelli chocolate free samples a nice sweet ending.

MK area resorts monorail and water taxis - WL, Contemporary and GF - fun to go to Fort Wilderness - lots of places to walk. I like the pork sandwich at Captain Cooks at the Poly and take it to eat out by the pool - nice view of the lagoon and great "Hawaiian" atmosphere.

Jazz band at the GF!

Ice cream at the Boardwalk about $5 gives you a very large serving (double scoop) which is easily a size to share IMO. Water taxi from the Boardwalk resorts to HS - to Epcot - just enjoying the Boardwalk atmosphere is nice - benches and rocking chairs.

AOA resort - food court with some interesting options you don't find everywhere.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahcar View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
Ah! Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't so sure and I didn't want to lengthen my post by inquiring what you meant by that.

Sorry.. I don't have anything to add to what is already been said. I hope you enjoy your time!
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Earl of Sandwich is quite reasonable! And sharing an ice cream at Ghirardeli's would be yummy too.
Your making me hungry! I LOVE earl of sandwich!!!! - wish I could eat there right now.

Free things:
-checking out other resorts
-Boardwalk (entertainment, shopping, food)
-DTD(entertainment, shows, bowling, movies, shopping, food)
-swimming

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Ditto. I am sure I will be dining at both places when I visit this spring. You have to get ice cream on a vacation!
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

I intend to take some free boat rides and walks during any busy times. The boat from MK to Fort Wilderness is lovely, and so are the trails there,, and I want to show hubby where I stayed 25 yrs ago and Discovery Island that used to be a rescued bird preserve 25 yrs ago. We will also take nice walk from Pop to AofA and take taxi to contemporary to walk over to MK for our early steam train tour. It's about the only way to get there at 7 am!
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: