Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Dano13
Mouseketeer

7 night cruise on the Fantasy

Hello and Happy New Years everyone!

Does anyone know if they are still doing the character breakfasts and chocolate buffet on them7 night voyages on the Fantasy? I know they were originally but from what I have read this may have been done away with due to the demand being too large and couldn't be properly accommodated. We will be going in July and the kids would like the breakfast if it were still available. Worst case they will have to satisfied with their one at Chef Mickeys pre-cruise I guess.

Thanks in advance for any comments that could assist.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano13 View Post

Does anyone know if they are still doing the character breakfasts and chocolate buffet on them7 night voyages on the Fantasy? I know they were originally but from what I have read this may have been done away with due to the demand being too large and couldn't be properly accommodated. We will be going in July and the kids would like the breakfast if it were still available. Worst case they will have to satisfied with their one at Chef Mickeys pre-cruise I guess.

No character breakfast on the Fantasy as all. I'm not sure about the chocolate buffet. I don't remember one in August, but it's possible I just didn't know about it. We satisfied the character breakfast with Cape May on our post-cruise visit!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
janda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano13

I called the customer service disney phone and the rep said there are indeed character breakfasts on 7night cruises on the Fantasy.
janda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
janda
Earning My Ears

I called the disney customer line and was advised there are indeed character breakfasts on the 7 night Fantasy cruises. You should receive an invitation while on board.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by chocolate buffet (maybe that's something they do on the classics, like character breakfasts), but on the Dream and Fantasy there is a pirate night buffet in Cabanas with a crepe and dessert buffet. The desserts on our cruises were different than what we'd seen on the buffet before. I love the crepes!

HTH!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

There wasnt a character breakfast on the Fantasy when we went in early December.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Chernabog#1fan
DVCOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by janda View Post
I called the disney customer line and was advised there are indeed character breakfasts on the 7 night Fantasy cruises. You should receive an invitation while on board.
Please do not believe it just because a CM says it is there. We were on in November and there was neither a character buffet or chocolate buffet.
Chernabog#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
janda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog#1fan
Please do not believe it just because a CM says it is there. We were on in November and there was neither a character buffet or chocolate buffet.
That is too bad. You would think everyone has consistent info.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janda View Post
The Cm was wrong. You will be waiting a long time for that invitation. It is unfortunate but if you ask several CMs you will probably get several answers. The Fantasy has not had any character breakfasts implemented at this time. On the classics this is possible due to the smaller amount of guests. On the Dream and the Fantasy there is just not enough time to guarantee everyone has a character breakfast. There is sit down and buffet breakfast each day but not with characters.

There is also no late night chocolate buffet on the Fantasy, there is the late night pirate buffet but it is not the chocolate buffet people often reference.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

The Character Breakfast is only available on the classic ships on cruises of 7 nights and longer. The MDRs on the Fantasy have too many tables and placed too close together for the logistics to work.

The chocolate buffet/midnight buffet was discontinued about a year ago on all ships. Although they still did it on the October Hawaii cruise.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Dano13
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info everyone, this largely confirms what I had read. When I was on the Dream in July of 2011 we were told the lack of character breakfast and buffet was due to the sailing being less than 7 nights. Then when booking the Fantasy we had received conflicting info on the character breakfasts, I had assumed due to the size and capacity of the ship. Again we will take the kids to Chef Mickeys before sailing so that will have to do I guess. I just wish there was consistent info posted in a uniformed manner. That's what makes this board so informative and helpful in level setting.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
melaniejh1016
Mouseketeer

While the fantasy has no character breakfast There is no shortage of opportunity to meet all of the characters!
melaniejh1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info everyone, this largely confirms what I had read. When I was on the Dream in July of 2011 we were told the lack of character breakfast and buffet was due to the sailing being less than 7 nights. Then when booking the Fantasy we had received conflicting info on the character breakfasts, I had assumed due to the size and capacity of the ship. Again we will take the kids to Chef Mickeys before sailing so that will have to do I guess. I just wish there was consistent info posted in a uniformed manner. That's what makes this board so informative and helpful in level setting.
But if Disney's Websites were easy to navigate (or even worked all of the time), what would we DISers DO all day???? . Happy sailing!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
gkrech
Earning My Ears

We were just on the Dec 8-15 Fantasy sailing. They did not have a character breakfast nor a midnight chocolate buffet. The absence was MORE than made up by the things offered, that aren't offered on the classic ships. We were blown away by what all this ship had to offer and never once complained about not having those two missing events. Enjoy your time!
gkrech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

I asked why there wasn't a character breakfast on our November 2012 Fantasy cruise, and they said they tried it, but the restaurants aren't large enough for them. Characters would have a difficult time getting to all the tables because with a bigger ship, there are more people, more tables, etc. we did get to see all the characters though! I'd highly recommend leaving your autograph book at the front desk, and catch all the characters on the Till We Meet Again party. We saw EVERYONE for a quick picture in about 25 minutes. It was great! We did stand in line at the princess fair, but I wouldn't do it again. The characters were all out that night, and we got fabulous pictures!!!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: