Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #61
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
Unfortunately, on one of our cruises we encountered a "very" entitled person who not only thought they shouldn't have to wait to use a machine, but thought it was just fine to take our clothes out of the dryer while it still had time on it, put our still very wet clothes on the table, and proceed to dry their clothes on our dime.

Trust me, I never leave our laundry sitting there and this time had only stepped out of the laundry room to go back to my room to grab hangers. However, when we returned with what should have been more than 15 minutes left on our machine, we were stunned to see our wet clothes laying there. Well, we were not so "courteous" with their clothes. I took them out of the dryer, promptly placed them on the floor next to the machine and then put our clothes back in so that they could finish their cycle. Of course, we had to add money to get them dry since we lost 15 minutes.

Flame me if you want, but in that case that person did not deserve any courtesy. They not only "cut in line", but they stole 15 minutes of my dryer money by doing what they did. I was stunned that they thought they could get away with it.
That's not a lack of courtesy. It is theft.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #62
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68
Unfortunately, on one of our cruises we encountered a "very" entitled person who not only thought they shouldn't have to wait to use a machine, but thought it was just fine to take our clothes out of the dryer while it still had time on it, put our still very wet clothes on the table, and proceed to dry their clothes on our dime.

Trust me, I never leave our laundry sitting there and this time had only stepped out of the laundry room to go back to my room to grab hangers. However, when we returned with what should have been more than 15 minutes left on our machine, we were stunned to see our wet clothes laying there. Well, we were not so "courteous" with their clothes. I took them out of the dryer, promptly placed them on the floor next to the machine and then put our clothes back in so that they could finish their cycle. Of course, we had to add money to get them dry since we lost 15 minutes.

Flame me if you want, but in that case that person did not deserve any courtesy. They not only "cut in line", but they stole 15 minutes of my dryer money by doing what they did. I was stunned that they thought they could get away with it.
Were you there when they came back? Would have loved to been a fly on the wall!

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #63
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
Were you there when they came back? Would have loved to been a fly on the wall!
No, but I did report it to guest services. Not that they could do much since I didn't know what they looked like or their stateroom.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #64
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:

No, but I did report it to guest services. Not that they could do much since I didn't know what they looked like or their stateroom.
Disney could figure it out. The card swipes to pay for the laundry and there is a camera inside the laundry.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #65
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

Quote:

Proud of you!!! I would have done the exact same thing!
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
penel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #66
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3

Proud of you!!! I would have done the exact same thing!
I would have taken the clothes to GS and explained what happened. How embarrassing would it be to have to retrieve your wet clothes at GS? I doubt it would happen again.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #67
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
So the eggheads can't remember which machine they put their stuff in? Guess a brain is not a requirement for taking a cruise. It isn't like there are 50 machines in the rooms!
There's a good 12 or 15 machines in a row, and when they are all spinning clothes, they may look similar. I counted from the end to find where our machines were so I wouldn't have to open doors.

There was a couple who wanted to take out damp clothes from the dryer to put their stuff in. Their excuse was "it has stopped". I said "but they're not done, that's not a nice thing to do", yet the put the pile of damp clothes on the ironing board. As soon as another dryer was available, I put the clothes in, and started the dryer, on a medium setting. I know how bad that would make me feel, so I did the right thing.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #68
ededmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Guess a brain is not a requirement for taking a cruise.
Come now, you've been on enough cruises to know well prior to this thread how true your statement is. Laundry room behavior is just more proof.
ededmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #69
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

The machines are all labeled with either a letter or a number (at least on the Fantasy) you shouldn't have to count, also some laundry rooms are bigger than others. We were on Deck 8 Forward, and the deck 8 laundry room was aft and quite small, after seeing us (my mom sister and I) parade to and from the laundry room a few times a very nice room steward let us know we were probably closer to the deck 7 laundry room (We were and it was a bigger laundry room)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #70
kcashner
DIS Veteran

OK....I didn't check out all the laundry rooms on the Fantasy. The one near us was only a little bigger than on the classic ships. I didn't realize that there are some big rooms.

I miss my stateroom host. Today's project was to strip beds and launder sheets. Maybe I do need a cruise soon!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
That would be infuriating! How beyond rude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad View Post
I would have taken the clothes to GS and explained what happened. How embarrassing would it be to have to retrieve your wet clothes at GS? I doubt it would happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
There's a good 12 or 15 machines in a row, and when they are all spinning clothes, they may look similar. I counted from the end to find where our machines were so I wouldn't have to open doors. .
Why would anyone want to take their clothes out before the dryer stopped though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
There was a couple who wanted to take out damp clothes from the dryer to put their stuff in. Their excuse was "it has stopped". I said "but they're not done, that's not a nice thing to do", yet the put the pile of damp clothes on the ironing board. As soon as another dryer was available, I put the clothes in, and started the dryer, on a medium setting. I know how bad that would make me feel, so I did the right thing.
This is what has been referred to here. If someone doesn't come and get their clothes when they are finished -- whether dry or not -- their turn with the machine is finished. It is perfectly acceptable to remove the wet or dry clothes from the machine after it has finished and no one has come to claim them. There is no way I am going to pay to have someone else's laundry -- especially if they don't care enough to come back when the dryer was going to finish. They obviously weren't just running a few minutes late because they still hadn't shown up when the next dryer was available.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #72
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
That would be infuriating! How beyond rude!

Why would anyone want to take their clothes out before the dryer stopped though?

This is what has been referred to here. If someone doesn't come and get their clothes when they are finished -- whether dry or not -- their turn with the machine is finished. It is perfectly acceptable to remove the wet or dry clothes from the machine after it has finished and no one has come to claim them. There is no way I am going to pay to have someone else's laundry -- especially if they don't care enough to come back when the dryer was going to finish. They obviously weren't just running a few minutes late because they still hadn't shown up when the next dryer was available.
For this last one keep in mind that someone else could have stopped their dryer ( as others have posted) and the dryer was not due to stop for another 20 or so minutes. Try hitting the start button to see if it will restart.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #73
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Are there chairs in the laundry room? I could be pretty happy in the morning with some coffee and my kindle sitting watching my laundry if I had to... And is there laundry on every deck (Fantasy)?
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #74
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Are there chairs in the laundry room? I could be pretty happy in the morning with some coffee and my kindle sitting watching my laundry if I had to... And is there laundry on every deck (Fantasy)?
On the Magic there is a bench. Thats exactly where I sit while I am doing laundry.
I am an early riser and have never had a problem getting a machine at 7:00/7:30 on a sea day.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #75
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Laundry rooms are not on every deck where there are guest cabins, but they are on most decks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: