Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #346
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

I have made some progress. I did my socks and underwear drawers. I cleaned out the Tupper wear drawer. I started going through my closest but there are still hard decisions to make there. I also donated two large boxes of books, two shopping bags of gingerbread house making supplies and a box of printer paper tp the kids' schools. I am making some progress in my home office as well.

Thanks for keeping me honest!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #347
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I posted early on that I have no clutter in my house and run a clutter free home. After becoming inspired here I went thru the house AGAIN cleaning every drawer downstairs and closet - came up with a box of nice stuff for the garage sale and a a box of paper that I was able to shred. Going to go thru all my cupboards in the kitchen this week - THAT I know is NOT a clutter free zone.....I even inspired DH. We recently recarpeted our finished basement and it was already pretty organized but he too turned up a box of stuff for a garage sale along with some things for craigs list.

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #348
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I made some nice progress on the kitchen this weekend.

I went through 6 more cupboards and found plenty of things to donate. Those cupboards are now looking very nice.
Since the donation bag was nearly full, I went to my closet and found some shirts and several skirts I never wear to donate and added 14 books to the bag.

I'll be taking it to Goodwill tomorrow since it's right next to the grocery store I'll be going to.

January Goal of Kitchen and Dining Room/Game room cleanup so far:

Kitchen - 9 cupboards, one counter (the other counter isn't cluttered thank goodness)

Game room/Piano room/dining room: top of buffet which held that stack of papers

If I keep this pace up, I will make my goal and have those rooms done by the end of January.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #349
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

I made some progress today. I shredded all of the stuff that I emptied from our desk, 2 full bags of trash.

I loaded my car with 4 big bags of stuff to donate that I will drop off tomorrow. More stuff out of the house!

I started going through my garage sale pile in the basement, donated some of that and started a pile to take to the consignment shop. I will have a garage sale with the remainder in March/April when its a little warmer. My neighborhood has a sale in the spring. It was so warm today, I had to take advantage of working down there.
jenluvs2go2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #350
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

DH went through a bin of sweaters and got rid of all but 2. So tomorrow I'm going to bag them up and take them. Now I have another empty bin for sorting!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #351
treeface
Mouseketeer

I managed to unpack 2 boxes today, have several things to list on eBay or donate, just a few to keep and put away.

1972 Offsite 1978 Offsite, 1985 Buena Vista Palace 1992 Offsite, 1994 Travelodge (Disney Village)
1996 POFQ 1997 CBR 2002 WL 2003 AKL 2006 POFQ/AKL 2006 WL Concierge MVMCP
2007 SSR 2007 OKW, 2008 ASM & OKW, 2009 Pop & SSR, 2009 BCV
2011 OKW, 2012 BLT & AKV Kidani Village
treeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #352
TLuvsD
DIS Veteran

I went through all the things DD bagged up, took out the American Girl doll clothes and a few other items. Then divided between donate and garage sale. Donate is ready for pick up and the garage sale will be moved to wait for better weather. I want to start on the craft room next....
TLuvsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #353
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

my sister just called me and said she's having a yardsale nextweek. I think I'm going to go. I have 4-6 boxes of clothes I plan on taking.

Clothes are the main clutter I have right now packed in boxes in the garage. I have my entrance way closet I need to go through and finish up the hall closet. I'm taking an antibotic right now so i feel sick, nauses and yucky. Hopefully during the week I will feel better
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #354
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Through some crazy stuff I have been able to get done:
  1. sock drawer
  2. underwear drawers
  3. plastic ware
  4. a couple more email accounts cleaned up
  5. banking done
  6. work area tidied
The spice rack is always in alphabetical order, so I didn't have to do that, and all in all, I'm pleased!

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #355
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

Didn't do as much as I hoped this past week-it was harder going back to work than I expected!!!

I did go through all my spices. Really dumped a bunch of old ones, including a sell by date in 1988!!! I've cleaned them out before but I'm not sure how it slipped by.

I also unsubscribed from a dozen emails-companies I bought from once, etc.

Didn't go through the closet entirely (just did in summer) but tossed 4 pairs of shoes!!!

Planning to tackle the computer desk and outside pantry this week,
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #356
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Donated some old eyeglasses yesterday to walmart.

I have a bunch of the kids clothes and toys on our local facebook yard sale site. How long do you normally leave things up there before just donating it? I really would like to make some money off of the toys but those aren't moving right now it seems. Probably due to everyone getting new stuff for Christmas.

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #357
Scrap4me
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=BernardandMissBianca;47132299]Christmas purging tips from 2012

DVD organization from 2012

Here is my solution to DVD's and CD's if anyone is interested.

We don't buy DVD's and CD's much anymore, we buy almost everything digitally.
The background is the stacks of DVD boxes(the before). The foreground are boxes we bought at Target (the after). They have double sided sleeves in them to house the movies.
The last box has tons of room for growth and we bought 2 more boxes for CD's but one is only 1/2 full.
I don't think the boxes are available anymore but I'm sure there is something similar out there.

Yes! Yes! Yes! When I found the DVD sleeves last year, it was love at first sight! I am still converting mine into the sleeves. We have a massive DVD collection (no cable, just hulu and netflix) with about 2000 titles. And yes, we watch them all --a large part of the collection is are series...
Scrap4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #358
Scrap4me
Mouseketeer

Trying to get back into the swing of things this week! I spent all of last week either on the couch or in bed with bronchitis...Yuck! Still feeling some of i, but the worst is over and I am back at it.

Before getting sick I was able to work on the garage and get rid of old cardboard boxes (sitting there for over a year!) --went to the recycling

Today I am trying to clean and start on some old papers--hoping to get rid of owners manuals and such--most of them are now available online so why keep the hard copy?

Oh, and the saga of the Wilton cake pans continue...Still putting it off...

To everyone who is reorganizing and de-stashing --Great Work!!!!

I am going to facebook to check out Peter Walsh..
Scrap4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #359
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap4me View Post
Trying to get back into the swing of things this week! I spent all of last week either on the couch or in bed with bronchitis...Yuck! Still feeling some of i, but the worst is over and I am back at it.

Before getting sick I was able to work on the garage and get rid of old cardboard boxes (sitting there for over a year!) --went to the recycling

Today I am trying to clean and start on some old papers--hoping to get rid of owners manuals and such--most of them are now available online so why keep the hard copy?

Oh, and the saga of the Wilton cake pans continue...Still putting it off...

To everyone who is reorganizing and de-stashing --Great Work!!!!

I am going to facebook to check out Peter Walsh..
Good idea! I have a stash of manuals for stuff we own but I guess there really isn't a reason to have them. And I have never in all my years of owning things opened the owners manuals. LOL
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #360
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I looked in my closet today, but I keep it pretty pared down and only found two shirts to get rid of, I guess that's a good thing. I also cleaned out my pajama drawer in my dresser, I threw away a grocery bag of stuff and it looks so pretty now.

Tomorrow I would like to do my shorts/jeans, but I am dreading it because if I only lose these last 15 lbs... Maybe I'll just keep my favorites and buy new to reward myself when I can wear a smaller size.

I have definitely slowed down my decluttering, my youngest ds came home with head lice and gave it to his brother (they share a room). I had to thoroughly clean their room, then of course another boy got them. I am frantically cleaning and checking heads daily now. Crossing my fingers that the other two kids don't get them, too.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: