Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

POR question

I would love to stay here in October on my solo trip. I'm thinking a king room. However, I do not want to stay in the mansion buildings. I prefer the alligator bayou rooms. Would it be easier to get my request if I were not in a king room? It seems the mansion rooms are more popular, at least on the boards. I really, really don't like the headboards in the mansion buildings or the bedspreads. If I had to stay in one of those rooms, I'd likely want to change resorts (not even sure if this can be done at check in or not). I guess worst off I'd be in a room I can't stand to look at, but since I'd be sleeping it may not be a big deal. I was really psyched about POFQ until I saw the bedspreads and I just can't do it. Something about them irks my OCD I don't know why it bothers me, I've stayed all ASMU, ASMO and Pop with no issue I just love the New Orleans feel of the resort and the alligator bayou section. I stayed there during a split stay on my last trip and loved it.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
nkereina
Wendy Darling

If you book a preferred room, you will definitely be in AB. All preferred rooms are in AB. So, if being in AB is more important than having a king bed, I would book preferred and then request a king. Whatever you do, do not book a royal room... they are all in the mansions.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

When we went this past spring, my parents had a King room in AB.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
If you book a preferred room, you will definitely be in AB. All preferred rooms are in AB. So, if being in AB is more important than having a king bed, I would book preferred and then request a king. Whatever you do, do not book a royal room... they are all in the mansions.
Thanks so much for this info! I think this is what I will do. Makes me feel better. Both sections of the resort are so different and I don't like not knowing for sure what I may get unlike the other resorts where the rooms are all the same.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: