Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
zoegoddard
Earning My Ears

Planning a wedding from overseas

Hi guys,

I am new to this but i recently got engaged at disneyland Anaheim and this is where we would like to get married in december 2015. I know that it is a bit away but as we are in new zealand i wouls like to inform family of our plans. We are wanting an escape package and just wondering what costs are likely
zoegoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Congrats...

I would google Disney Weddings or Disney Wishes Wedding and get the prices. You can than add about 10% to give family an idea about the cost.

Many Brides do a "flyer" with information like prices, hotels, meal plans, airlines, places for discounts. Look for differant planning journals(pj) for ideas when it comes to that.

We are doing a vow renewal on DCL. Like you I want to give family plenty of time to plan and save for it. I am doing all of this from Japan

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
zoegoddard
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31997
Congrats...

I would google Disney Weddings or Disney Wishes Wedding and get the prices. You can than add about 10% to give family an idea about the cost.

Many Brides do a "flyer" with information like prices, hotels, meal plans, airlines, places for discounts. Look for differant planning journals(pj) for ideas when it comes to that.

We are doing a vow renewal on DCL. Like you I want to give family plenty of time to plan and save for it. I am doing all of this from Japan
Thank you for your information! A flyer sounds like a great idea! Im worried about not being there to be in control but im trusting disney will do an amazing job!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

At Disneyland the Escape package wedding for up to 20 people (including the bride and groom) costs $5,000. A customizable Wishes event (no guest maximum) has a minimum spend of $12,000–$18,000, depending on day of the week.

Here's the site: http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...tions/overview
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
zoegoddard
Earning My Ears

Thank you for that. I have been looking at the website which is very vague. Does anyone know with the escape package what the 3 course plated meal includes. Also is there a way that disney will let you pencil in the date before the 6 months that you can book? I have family coming from Australia, new zealand and the UK we want to tell them soon that we are planning to have it december 2015, worried that we wont get the date that we want!! How common is it that we wont get the date we want? It is a monday so i am hoping that will be in our favour!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegoddard View Post
Does anyone know with the escape package what the 3 course plated meal includes.
You have a choice of 2 menus:

Love's First Kiss
  • Artisan bread basket
  • Petite Mache, young frisée, sun-dried cherries, toasted pecans, with port wine glaze and shallot-lime vinaigrette
  • Roasted meyer lemon chicken breast with garlic just, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus spears, carrots, and squash
  • Tahitian vanilla bean crème brûlée with seasonal berries
  • Freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and specialty teas

or

Dreams Come True
  • Artisan bread basket
  • Baby field greens, sweet currant tomatoes, and orange supremes with toasted pine nut dressing
  • Mustard crusted New York steak with merlot sauce, butter braised carrots, green beans, and Portuguese chorizo mashed potatoes
  • White and dark chocolate dipped strawberries (3)
  • Freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and specialty teas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegoddard View Post
Also is there a way that disney will let you pencil in the date before the 6 months that you can book? I have family coming from Australia, new zealand and the UK we want to tell them soon that we are planning to have it december 2015, worried that we wont get the date that we want!! How common is it that we wont get the date we want? It is a monday so i am hoping that will be in our favour!
Not sure what the penciling policy is out at Disneyland, but if you are flexible on the exact date and/or the locations and times of day, you should be fine. They do a lot fewer weddings at Disneyland than at Disney World, so there's a lot less competition for dates and venues.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
sambycat
DIS Veteran

the PP is a font of knowledge!! in fact, if you go to this link you will find THE SINGLE BEST RESOURCE YOU CAN BUY for any disney wedding! i have both a hard copy and the e book. the e book would be great for you because when things change, you will be able to update your book with all the latest information. it gives you more specific pricing and options - it is indispensable! it is the passporter’s guide to disney weddings and honeymoons (cant recall the authors name......)

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
sambycat
DIS Veteran

oh, welcome and congrats as well!!!!!!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
zoegoddard
Earning My Ears

Thank you everybody for your advice

Display Modes Rate This Thread