Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Triple thinking resort options

I decided to post this in the Resort section since that would be the primary focus. Feel free to move if desired.
My DBF and I would like to return to WDW fall of 2014 for F&W as well as do a split trip to US/IOA. We did this in 2010 staying at BC. The proximity to Epcot was so helpful as we ended our AK and HS days at Epcot enjoying a bunch of food samples instead of a dinner ADR. When I mentioned the possibility of a repeat trip in 2014 he said “sure” but made some comment like “better start saving now” then said he didn’t want to think about it until after Belize this fall and the FL Keys next spring. For both of these trips, the lodging is free. I know I need to at least have a tentative plan for budgeting (and yes I have started saving).

Just for fun, I checked out a value resort (POP) in place of BC/YC. I casually mentioned the cost difference to DBF and he suddenly brightened up about the whole trip. Apparently, he didn’t thing BC was worth the extra cash and is suddenly more on board. I don’t think he wanted to rain on my parade when I first brought it up. I then mentioned offsite with a rental car and he said he “likes Disney transportation, it’s easy to get around and how we wouldn’t need a car”.

So here’s my question. Do you think someone who was very impressed with the boardwalk area resorts (and their proximity to EP and HS and the ease of getting around from there) will regret the desire to reduce costs when he finds out it’s not so easy from POP? BF was very impressed by my touring plan and how much we could get done each day. The buses are not going to allow for the same type of experience. Is there a MOD that would be better located?
Opinions?
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Anybody? Deluxe? POP? Moderate?

Guess my title wasn't very specific. Which of the above under the circumstances?
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Hi

Until last year we have always stayed deluxe and even CL sometimes.

Last October we stayed at AoA - it was our second trip of the year and we were being more budget conscious. Boy was I worried about my snobbery.

First - Nothing compares to the BC/YC, BWI locations. I love walking to two parks! I love the Boardwalk at night.
However - the buses were fine more convenient and we felt we spent less time on the bus. The food court was great for eating pre- RD.

We ate our arrival lunch there but kept lunch and dinner at the parks or other resorts.

Will you miss a water slide? That was my kids one complaint! The pool was really nice and huge - and because it was so big you could stay away from others. The quiet pools were very quiet!

What else is important to you? It won't feel luxurious - but there is no denying your staying at a Disney resort when you are at POP!
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Also not sure what you meant by buses won't allow for the same type of touring you did last year?

We did RD, at early lunch at the park, a ride or two more then back to the resort for the afternoon - swim, nap, shower, back to the park for the evening/night. It was easy - really!
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: