Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #16
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hey DisneyDaz, I got an unexpected opportunity to go to WDW in May this year, is there anything I can do while there to help? I thought about taking pictures of menus and things at the kiosks, that way I would have accurate names, locations and prices of snacks. Are there any in particular I can look for?
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Hey DisneyDaz, I got an unexpected opportunity to go to WDW in May this year, is there anything I can do while there to help? I thought about taking pictures of menus and things at the kiosks, that way I would have accurate names, locations and prices of snacks. Are there any in particular I can look for?
Wow-have fun! I would love an unexpected trip! Any menu photos you can give me would be great. I'm usually able to get the main ones in the 4 main parks but it's the resorts, DTD, waterparks, and kiosks that are harder to come by. I take as many of them as I can when I go. Last trip was Oct. 2012. Unfortunately, though, when I went to BB it poured for the last hour and I wasn't able to get the photos I usually do-I've been to WDW many times in Sept/Oct and it was the most rain I ever saw in since a short period!

Oh, and I've never gotten any info from Wide World of Sports. I guess most people don't go there-I've never. Also I don't know if there are any SC items at the 2 mini golfs. No one ever reports on those either.

If you notice I put the last update date at the end of each posting. I was able to update a lot of the major ones in Aug/Sept. after the prices increased thanks, in part, to easywdw.com. Plus my own photos. If you'll notice some of them haven't been updated for almost a year. Any of those would be great to get updated.

If you want you could send me a PM, or post here, when your trip gets closer and I could tell you what ones I really could use. I'm sure I could use updates from whatever resort you are staying at, or may visit.

Thanks again for the offer. I used to help out jjohnson when she was running this thread. I was almost obsessed!

Last edited by Dizneydaz; 06-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Wow-have fun! I would love an unexpected trip! Any menu photos you can give me would be great. I'm usually able to get the main ones in the 4 main parks but it's the resorts, DTD, waterparks, and kiosks that are harder to come by. I take as many of them as I can when I go. Last trip was Oct. 2012. Unfortunately, though, when I went to BB it poured for the last hour and I wasn't able to get the photos I usually do-I've been to WDW many times in Sept/Oct and it was the most rain I ever saw in since a short period!

I was super surprised! I have been planning 2 trips for later in the year but was not going to say anything until I booked them, you know, make them official. But now Since it is a conference I may not go to the water parks this time, but I will be at the Swan which is walking distance to Epcot/DHS and a few other resorts and I have dedicated days and times to just looking around many of them.

Oh, and I've never gotten any info from Wide World of Sports. I guess most people don't go there-I've never. Also I don't know if there are any SC items at the 2 mini golfs. No one ever reports on those either.

If you notice I put the last update date at the end of each posting. I was able to update a lot of the major ones in Aug/Sept. after the prices increased thanks, in part, to easywdw.com. Plus my own photos. If you'll notice some of them haven't been updated for almost a year. Any of those would be great to get updated.

If you want you could send me a PM, or post here, when your trip gets closer and I could tell you what ones I really could use. I'm sure I could use updates from whatever resort you are staying at, or may visit.

I will do that

Thanks again for the offer. I used to help out jjohnson when she was running this thread. I was almost obsessed!
I understand the obsession I really appreciate how you have kept up with this and since this trip is 1) a conference, but I only really have to "confer" 1 of the 5 days I can spend the time confering on Dis stuff and 2) an unexpected trip, I ought to make good use of myself
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I understand the obsession I really appreciate how you have kept up with this and since this trip is 1) a conference, but I only really have to "confer" 1 of the 5 days I can spend the time confering on Dis stuff and 2) an unexpected trip, I ought to make good use of myself
Stop it! You're killing me! Sounds like you're are going to have a great conference!

Last edited by Dizneydaz; 06-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to stick this thread, and unstick the 2012 one.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Ooohhh great list!!!!!!! I love love love snacking my way around Disney! Xo
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #22
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I'm going to stick this thread, and unstick the 2012 one.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #23
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks so very much for your continued hard work! I'll be going in May, staying at two different resorts and hitting the parks and Downtown Disney. I'll keep my eyes open for any changes and additions.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Thanks for doing this for yet another year.

Am heading out there in June and will most definitely be taking a copy of this with me to make sure I get all the best yummy snacks I can with my credits.

fingers crossed nothing much changes between now and then, other than Disney to add more to the SC lists .
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
4chickadees
Earning My Ears

HUGE thank-you!

Bless you for taking the time to create this list!!! I will be referring to it frequently!!!! Thanks again!!!!
4chickadees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
The V Gang
The V Gang

Price difference based on location

Hi! I have a quick question regarding pricing of snacs. The Mickey pretzels on the list range from $4.29 to $4.75 depending on location of purchase. In the Mexico pavilion of Epcot the churros with caramel sauce seem to be priced differently depending on location as well. I haven't compared the rest of the list. Do you know if it is common for the same snack (or product) to be sold at different prices depending on were (in WDW) you purchase it? If so, it will put a whole new spin on our OOP snack purchase as these differences can add up quickly.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #27
disneytraceyl
Loving All Things Disney

Thanks for keeping the list.

2015 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise on the reimaged Magic
2013 Stayed with Mom & Dad but still enjoyed Walt Disney World; 2013 Disney Cruise on the Dream/Carribean Beach; 2012 Caribbean Beach; B2B 2011 Disney Cruise on the Dream; 2010 Shades of Green; 2009 Coronado Springs2008 Pop Century Halloween; Caribbean Beach, 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise and Polynesian; 2007 Shades of Green; 2006 All-Star Movies; 2005 Shades of Green; 2004 Caribbean Beach & Disney Cruise; 2003 Grand Floridian & Disney Cruise; 2003 Shades of Green; 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disney Cruise; 2001 All-Star Music; 2000 All-Star Movies; Disney Cruise; 1999 Dixie Landings; 1998 Wilderness Lodge
disneytraceyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #28
CheriePenguin
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for doing this!
I've put off looking at the snack list until it got closer to our trip - now I can add that to the fun planning stuff to do!

2 trips to DL and about 5 trips to WDW when young - 2x at Poly, others off-site; First trip with our son ! WL Nov-Dec 2005 ( DS was 20 months old; ) September, 2008 ! - POR - DS4 DS(almost 2) (+Gma +Gpa !) ; Early December 2009 Family Trip ! - POFQ with FD ! (Gma, Gpa, DB too!) March 8th, 2013 - POR - DS8 DS6 DS(19 mo) (+Gma +Gpa !)
Carlsbad, CA - inc. LEGOLAND - ~4th of July, 2014 (DS 2.5, DS 7.5, DS 10)
CheriePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
dwm1
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Disneydaz, for all of your time and effort to put together this list!! It is so helpful!
dwm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
HarlowsMom
Earning My Ears

This is so helpful! Thank you! Just curious if anyone knows if there is anything like this available for quick service restaurants?
HarlowsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: