Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
kittymasi
In.... The..... Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Magic Bands, Dining Credits, and Extra Guests...

Okay, so we are on the dining plan next month, yay free dining! Here's my dilemma.

We are having a few meals with an additional guest NOT on our reservation/plan. He is paying for his meals OOP. I guess I just want to make sure they won't just.. tap my Magic Band at the front podium when we arrive, and charge the entire table's bill to our plan across the board. Our guest will have his own Magic Band, so will the chip in his band automatically communicate with their computers or whatever and show up? I have planned out our meals so carefully, I don't want to end up several credits short! I know, I'm being paranoid. How does it work? Do I have to make sure to tell our server he is not with our party, or will they know that automatically?

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
PrincessNelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymasi View Post
Okay, so we are on the dining plan next month, yay free dining! Here's my dilemma.

We are having a few meals with an additional guest NOT on our reservation/plan. He is paying for his meals OOP. I guess I just want to make sure they won't just.. tap my Magic Band at the front podium when we arrive, and charge the entire table's bill to our plan across the board. Our guest will have his own Magic Band, so will the chip in his band automatically communicate with their computers or whatever and show up? I have planned out our meals so carefully, I don't want to end up several credits short! I know, I'm being paranoid. How does it work? Do I have to make sure to tell our server he is not with our party, or will they know that automatically?

Thanks for your help!
Just let your server know at the beginning of the meal that that person is paying separately. They have hand-held devices they use to scan your band before you even order.
The bands do not automatically communicate with their systems except for Memory Maker photos on select rides.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

When you check in, tell them that "some" of the people are on the dining plan. The waiter will ask, too. Just be clear about who is on which plan and you won't have any trouble.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
kittymasi
In.... The..... Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Okay.. so it's super important to tell them ahead of time. Okay, thanks alot guys! I love these boards! :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: