Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

I'll be honest, it's because I thought you were trolling. I'm not mad or anything. I just knew I stated no trolling in the rules, and your posts seemed like you were either not taking the thread seriously or were trolling. If you make serious sign ups I will consider letting you in.
Those were serious sign ups, I wasn't aware that I had to write a novel of a sign up... Glad you're not mad, but I'm kind of offended tbh.

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Those were serious sign ups, I wasn't aware that I had to write a novel of a sign up... Glad you're not mad, but I'm kind of offended tbh.
You don't have to write a novel. Sign ups like Jade's are perfectly acceptable. I only "wrote a novel" because I enjoy writing and I want to be an author, so it makes sense for me to practice.

EDIT: The problems I had with your sign ups were the names, the "long hair don't care that is magical" power, and the fact that you put two powers down and rather than asking me politely if you could have them both, said "(YES I CAN DO BOTH)"
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

You don't have to write a novel. Sign ups like Jade's are perfectly acceptable. I only "wrote a novel" because I enjoy writing and I want to be an author, so it makes sense for me to practice.
Well my sign up was 100% serious, it's simple and to the point and I don't see what is troll-ish about it? Anyways, i really wanted to do this because I thought it was a good idea and yeah

(:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
carlandellie
DIS Veteran

I was being serious; I didn't know how to word it any other way.

They don’t know how special you are They don’t know what you’ve done to my heart
They can say anything they want cause they don’t know about us
carlandellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Okay, I'll tell you what I thought was trollish, and we can talk about it.

I thought the names were trollish because I didn't even know what they were. Yes, I realize River isn't a name, but that person's character has powers that are connected to their name, and I've heard of a Dr. Who character called River, so I thought she was using the name because of inspiration. Now, JP, there isn't anything wrong with letters as a name, but that's a nickname, not a real name, and I had no indication of what that stood for. And there was nolast name, which further confused me. Now, with Glojo, I had no idea how to react to that. Is it short for something, is it like an asian name, I have no idea, I've never heard of it before. It doesn't sound at all like a real name.

Again, it wasn't the fact that you chose two powers, it's that you just said yes i can have them without asking me if you could that got on my nerves, since I had created the thread.

As for the other power, the "long hair don't care that is magical" I didn't even know what to think with that either. First of all, the "long hair don't care" part doesn't even need to be there. It's just a saying that I have no idea where from. As for the magical part, how is it magical? Does the hair cast spells, or does it heal like Rapunzel's? It really confused me, and with the unneccessary phrase combined with the magical part without telling me what kind of magic, really confused me and so it felt like trolling.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
carlandellie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Okay, I'll tell you what I thought was trollish, and we can talk about it.

I thought the names were trollish because I didn't even know what they were. Yes, I realize River isn't a name, but that person's character has powers that are connected to their name, and I've heard of a Dr. Who character called River, so I thought she was using the name because of inspiration. Now, JP, there isn't anything wrong with letters as a name, but that's a nickname, not a real name, and I had no indication of what that stood for. And there was nolast name, which further confused me. Now, with Glojo, I had no idea how to react to that. Is it short for something, is it like an asian name, I have no idea, I've never heard of it before. It doesn't sound at all like a real name.

Again, it wasn't the fact that you chose two powers, it's that you just said yes i can have them without asking me if you could that got on my nerves, since I had created the thread.

As for the other power, the "long hair don't care that is magical" I didn't even know what to think with that either. First of all, the "long hair don't care" part doesn't even need to be there. It's just a saying that I have no idea where from. As for the magical part, how is it magical? Does the hair cast spells, or does it heal like Rapunzel's? It really confused me, and with the unneccessary phrase combined with the magical part without telling me what kind of magic, really confused me and so it felt like trolling.
JP is a nickname for Jennifer Pennifer. Her magical hair can, indeed, cast spells. I am deeply sorry that I added extra wording and that it perturbed you.

They don’t know how special you are They don’t know what you’ve done to my heart
They can say anything they want cause they don’t know about us
carlandellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
Fairywings

Okay, thank you. All I wanted was an explanation, because I was confused.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Glojo is a nickname for Gloria and I DO have both powers and I was just stating that

Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Fairywings

I havve to go eat, I'll check on things when I return.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

If its okay I would like to give my character (River) the last name of Carson, so her name will be River Carson. Sorry, I couldn't think of one before.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
Chocolab23
Disney Dreaming

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Rebeca J
Grade:11
Describe your appearance: Shoulder length light brown hair, hazel green eyes, fairly short
Personality: not typically outgoing
Power/Ability: charmspeak(convincing people to do what she wants) and has an unusual connection with animals
Brief Past(optional):she can't recall anything about her past( she is having amnesia)
2013-Going to celebrate my birthday the best way!-PORLet your Hart be your guide/January 2013 PTR
2013-Alex's Unbirthday trip-POR"A Very Merry Unbirthday!" DEC 2013 PTR
Chocolab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #27
Squirt the turtle
Earning My Ears

Name: Amber O'Connor
Grade: 10
Describe Your Appearance: Red Hair, Light Skin Complexion with freckles, Green eyes
Personality: Shy
Power/Ability: The ability to be in two places at once.
Squirt the turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Both of you are accepted. Does Amelia have a last name?
I gave Amelia the last name Daley
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #29
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Glojo is a nickname for Gloria and I DO have both powers and I was just stating that
Okay. I'll add you guys once I get through all of the sign ups that came when I was having dinner.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak98 View Post
I gave Amelia the last name Daley
Okay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: