Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #1366
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Finished book#27- KIngdom Keepers: Power Play (#4) by Ridley Pearson

I got into this one more than the 1st 3 books & will be picking up Shell Game (#5) today.

Book 6 was released this month. My library doesn't have it yet though. I need to ask them if they have an order in for it, otherwise I will need to find it somewhere else. I went to the author's website & it says book 7 will be released a year from now. There was no front pic or title for it yet.

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 91 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #1367
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Finished book#27- KIngdom Keepers: Power Play (#4) by Ridley Pearson

I got into this one more than the 1st 3 books & will be picking up Shell Game (#5) today.

Book 6 was released this month. My library doesn't have it yet though. I need to ask them if they have an order in for it, otherwise I will need to find it somewhere else. I went to the author's website & it says book 7 will be released a year from now. There was no front pic or title for it yet.
I'm number 25 on the hold list for number 6. Can't wait!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #1368
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Finished number 13: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first three. Maybe it's because I read that originally the series was supposed to be a trilogy and I see that the third book would have been a fantastic place to stop the series. I mean, for at least the main characters. I'm just to the point where I think they deserve to be happy and not beat up anymore but alas, that wouldn't make a good story.

Up next: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (AKA Book 5 in the Mortal Instruments Series)
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #1369
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Still reading a lot but it is crossing the religious line so I am not reporting
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #1370
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Still reading a lot but it is crossing the religious line so I am not reporting
I read a lot of Christian Inspirational books, fiction & non fiction. So maybe just say the book is Christian ficton (or other religion) to give a heads up to any who might be offended. You don't have to give a detailed review, just whether you liked it or not. I go from on extreme to another in my reading, lol. I'm always looking for good Christian/Inspirational novels as well as the latest slicer/dicer books.....

Book Challenge Goal 85/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #1371
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Haven't been here in forever. School has taken up a bunch of my reading time. I did finish HP6 and started HP7 but decided I wanted a funner book first so now I'm reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. I'm only on chapter 6 but I'm enjoying it so far. (Did I write this book? lol)

After that and HP I need to start/finish Under the Dome before the show starts.

I only have on school project left and I hope to complete it this weekend. Then it's ME reading time for the rest of the summer. YAY!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #1372
PigletsPal2
Queen of the Realm

I downloaded all 12 of the Anne of Green Gables series (offered on my Kindle for $0.99 for all 12!) so they will be my go-to books when I'm out of new ones. I'm on Chapter 9 of the first book, but my Mothers' Day present from DD#2 arrived today, and it's fairly screaming "READ ME! READ ME!" It's the new Anne Perry, a Thomas and Charlotte Pitt mystery and I can't resist. I'll probably finish it over the weekend and then back to Anne Shirley.

Queen Colleen
PigletsPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #1373
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Haven't been here in forever. School has taken up a bunch of my reading time. I did finish HP6 and started HP7 but decided I wanted a funner book first so now I'm reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. I'm only on chapter 6 but I'm enjoying it so far. (Did I write this book? lol) !
I love this series and other Sophie Kinsella books. I wish they'd done a better job with the Shopaholic movie but what can ya do?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #1374
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

28. Drums of Autumn, Diana Gabaldon
29. The Fiery Cross, Diana Gabaldon.
30. Breath of Snow and Ashes, DG
31. Echo in the Bone, DG

Now I have a quandary -- I have two 2-week books from the library (one due this Sunday) that I really want to read, but I'm SO enjoying rereading the Gabaldon books - there are 2 more - that I can't bring myself to stop! But the other books will be there to take out again when I'm done, I guess!

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09

Last edited by erincon23; 05-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1375
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsnn3 View Post

I read a lot of Christian Inspirational books, fiction & non fiction. So maybe just say the book is Christian ficton (or other religion) to give a heads up to any who might be offended. You don't have to give a detailed review, just whether you liked it or not. I go from on extreme to another in my reading, lol. I'm always looking for good Christian/Inspirational novels as well as the latest slicer/dicer books.....
Thank you I will catch you guys up this weekend
Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #1376
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I am not doing well with books this year. I'm trying to be more open-minded about what I read and that's not working out well for me.

I've *quit* several books this year so I am not counting them in my totals.

I started reading Melt Method which is a self-help book about eliminating chronic pain through fascia manipulation. Not sure why I read this as I don't have chronic pain but it was rated very well on Amazon and I found the concept interesting. It was interesting, but the author spent a LOT of time in the book talking about how she discovered this method and it did start to bore me. Then, the book started in with pictures and, well, I have the basic Kindle, so that didn't go well.

Then I started with The Teleportation Accident which got a glowing review in the Washington Post. After about 25% completion of the book, I couldn't take it anymore. I can't even explain it.

I'm now reading Spellcaster which may or may not be a YA book. It seems like it. It's okay. Kind of on the level of a Nora Roberts book but for teens. Not sure why I am reading it. I am sure I'll finish it because it's easy enough.

I've *really* got to find a good book!!!

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #1377
portia9
DIS Veteran

Lots of updates. Some I have doubled up because they were such quick reads

#49 Hearing her Voice: A Case for Women Giving Sermons by John Dickson & Bourgeois Babes, Bossy Wives and Bobby Haircuts: A Case for Gender Equality in Ministry by Michael Bird-about women in ministry

#50 Expectations by Frances Murray and Georgiana Darcy's Diary by Anne Elliott-more Austen fan fic

#51 The Anti Depressant Fact Book by Peter Breggin-the author has a strong bias against anti depressant drugs and I didn't agree with the vast majority of this book

#52-#55 Polly's Story, Grace's Story, Isobel's Story & Eugenie's Story by Jennie Walters-the first three are three generations and their relationship with a place and people of Swallowcliffe Hall as servants, the last one is from the point of view of one of the family of the house-all very Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey and I loved them.

Book Challenge Goal for 2014-100 books

blueeyedboy~It Happened One Summer~Imperial Requiem~The Search for Anne Perry~A Sprig of Lavender~Pride and Prejudice:The Scenes Jane Austen Never Wrote~The Village Newcomers~The Mist on Bronte Moor~A Village in Jeopardy~The Next Best Thing~Village School~Life After Life~A Room of One's Own~The Rosie Project~Summertime~Cheaper By The Dozen~Belles on Their Toes~A Perfect Life~Kilmeny of the Orchard~The Real Life Mary Poppins~A Proud Taste of Scarlet and Miniver~Expectations of Happiness~The Last Wife of Henry VIII~Tempting Fate~The Rebuttal~A Storm of Swords~A Feast for Crows~A Dance of Dragons~Green Grass~Girt~Village Books~Searching for Shona~The Wonderful Wizard of Oz~The Marvelous Land of Oz~Ozma of Oz~The Maze Runner~Revenge Wears Prada~Captain Wentworth Home From the Sea~Mr Darcy's Great Escape~None But You~For You Alone~Tess of the D'urbervilles~The Pursuit of God~Is It Just Me?~Notes To My Mother-In-Law~The Little Friend~About the B'nai Bagels~Aunt Dimity's Death~Poldark~A Man Lay Dead~Attempting Elizabeth~Mrs Dalloway~The Mayor of Casterbridge~Speaking From Among the Bones~The Second Chance~Aunt Dimity and the Duke~Volunteering~The Fellowship of the Ring~The Two Towers~The Return of the King~Demelza~Innocence of Father Brown~The Lowland~The Europeans~North and South~Quartet in Autumn~Jane Eyre~Collected Works of A.J.Fikry~The Sisterhood~Come and Tell Me Some Lies~How Many Camels Are There in Holland?~
portia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #1378
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Goal - 100 books

Book #29 - "Secrets of Shakespeare's Grave" by Deron R. Hicks.

This was a fun YA mystery about the Letterford family who own a printing business. Daughter Colophon Letterford stumbles across a mystery that just might save the family business, but will she make it out of the graveyard alive?

This was darling! The writing was fun and easy to read, and the mystery was enjoyable. Like I said, this is definitely for the younger set. I'd say my 11 year old twins would like it very much! I look forward to the next book in the installment.

Next up: "Animal Farm" by George Orwell (I never read it in high school, and it's required reading for my daughter next year, so I thought I'd give it a try.)

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #1379
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I am not doing well with books this year. I'm trying to be more open-minded about what I read and that's not working out well for me.

I've *quit* several books this year so I am not counting them in my totals.

I started reading Melt Method which is a self-help book about eliminating chronic pain through fascia manipulation. Not sure why I read this as I don't have chronic pain but it was rated very well on Amazon and I found the concept interesting. It was interesting, but the author spent a LOT of time in the book talking about how she discovered this method and it did start to bore me. Then, the book started in with pictures and, well, I have the basic Kindle, so that didn't go well.

Then I started with The Teleportation Accident which got a glowing review in the Washington Post. After about 25% completion of the book, I couldn't take it anymore. I can't even explain it.

I'm now reading Spellcaster which may or may not be a YA book. It seems like it. It's okay. Kind of on the level of a Nora Roberts book but for teens. Not sure why I am reading it. I am sure I'll finish it because it's easy enough.

I've *really* got to find a good book!!!
I hate it when I get into a reading 'funk'. I have 4 books on my abandoned shelf at Goodreads. Just the word abandoned makes me feel guilty, lol.
At the beginning of the year I had two lists I was going to chose my books from. One was an editors top 25 & the other was a reader's top 25 for 2012. I read a few of them but had to give the lists up as some of the best rated were just 'meh' for me.
Hope you find something good soon!!

Book Challenge Goal 85/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #1380
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

16/30 - Defending Jacob by William Landay

Finally, finally, a book I loved from beginning to end! It was so hard to put this one down. Can't say much more other than I just loved it.

5/5 stars

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: