Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #226
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Rates are climbing because people are paying If someone can't afford it this year you bet they'll be saving for next year or the year after.In the meantime new visitors will arrive and pay the going rate or folks who just love WDW and will give up OTHER THINGS to go . Bottom line is Disney knows what it's doing when it comes to making money. Great for stockholders
I'm a stockkholder but don't think the rising resort rates are great.

Would like to think they're 'challenging the market' and if people don't pay the higher rates they'll offer more promos/pins. I don't think next year's rates will drop but perhaps they won't increase as much as this year.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #227
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
I'm a stockkholder but don't think the rising resort rates are great.

Would like to think they're 'challenging the market' and if people don't pay the higher rates they'll offer more promos/pins. I don't think next year's rates will drop but perhaps they won't increase as much as this year.
Also a stockholder and I'm ok with price increases. However if rates stay the same in 2014 I;ll be ok with that also. Absolutely hate free dining so glad that seems to be winding down. Might not get rid of it totally but that's ok too.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #228
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Man o man...

Remember the days when the DP included the gratuity and an appetizer? And they gave it away free.

That was a nice discount for us, family of 7.

Now I ran the math and the room discount and pay for meals OOP option is pretty much the same as rack rate and FD.

So we still get a discount, it's just that it used to be about $1500k - to $2000 (for FD over the years) and now it's about $1000 (for a room discount at Poly. Of course other resorts would be even less).
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #229
mamasha
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MikeandReneePlus5;47876498]Man o man...

Remember the days when the DP included the gratuity and an appetizer? And they gave it away free.

QUOTE]

and remember all those people complaing that they wish that they could adjust the gratuity....like it was their money? and it was too much food...
it was the best deal EVER! some people like to complain.
mamasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #230
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Also a stockholder and I'm ok with price increases. However if rates stay the same in 2014 I;ll be ok with that also. Absolutely hate free dining so glad that seems to be winding down. Might not get rid of it totally but that's ok too.
Im a stockholder as well. Disney will do what it needs to regardless. Im sure there will be a bit of a price increase. But there will always be some kind of discount. I look forward to seeing the rates for packages in 2014.

9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
bookbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #231
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandReneePlus5 View Post
Man o man...

That was the PERFECT dining plan! Now it is either too much with Deluxe, last time we felt like we were overstuffed bolsters rolling from one meal to the next, or too little, only 1 TS without an appetizer.

I really wish they would bring back the old DP even if it was never offered for free....

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #232
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

I'm a stockholder also, but our stock has really not gone up. I've had mine for over 20 years and the value is pretty much the same.

I have to stay at the All Star Resort and need the Free Dining to be able to afford a yearly trip. The jump to Moderates is considerable, even with the Free Dining. That money pays for the airfare and rental car.

Here's hoping Disney doesn't do away with discounts.

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #233
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I don't care if it is free dining or some other promo, but we also won't book without a discount. IMO the resort rooms are overpriced on purpose, so a "deal" can be offered. Same idea as stores, such as Kohl's. Noone goes in there and pays full price. Parks may be busy but resort bookings will decline swiftly without any incentive to stay there. Most people I know don't stay on site anyway. We, on the other hand, wouldn't go at all if not on site. The DDP is also no value to us. Used to like it but now too expensive for food that isn't what we'd prefer to order. Now we do mostly CS and a few TS (avoiding buffets) and are able to order/eat the way we like. The only way we'd ever do it again is if it were the best discount avail for our preferred dates.

Thanks Danny25 for the heads up!
Luckily we booked the Disney visa spring promo and saved $1300 at BCR!
This is my thinking too. No one can really believe that Disney was giving us something for nothing with the FD. We were certainly paying for it with increased prices across the board.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: