Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

kids clubs

It's been a while since I've had kids in the clubs so I have a question for a friend. Do they allow a child to go to the Lab instead of the tween area if they have only been 11 for a few months? She is a bit immature and would like to be with her younger sister.

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
dorkeemn
Mouseketeer

I don't think that would be a big deal - we just got off the Dream and they let my 13 year old (turns 14 in May) float between Vibe and Edge.
dorkeemn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
It's been a while since I've had kids in the clubs so I have a question for a friend. Do they allow a child to go to the Lab instead of the tween area if they have only been 11 for a few months? She is a bit immature and would like to be with her younger sister.
Oceaneers Club/Lab ages 3-12
Edge ages 11-14
Vibe ages 14-17.

They overlap the ages, so kids at that "variable" age can have a choice.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkeemn View Post
I don't think that would be a big deal - we just got off the Dream and they let my 13 year old (turns 14 in May) float between Vibe and Edge.
They let your 13 yr old into Vibe??? I didn't think that was an option. When we sail in the summer, DD and her friends will be in Vibe (15 and 16 yr olds), but DS will only be 13 so will be stuck in Edge. He is almost taller than DD already so if they weren't checking names, no one would ever guess him to be younger than 14. LOL

I worry that he's going to be bored stiff in Edge. We sailed 2 years ago on a 4 night Dream trip, so DS went to the kids club a couple of times with a younger friend ... DD went up to "check out" Edge with us and her brother and we left almost immediately ... it looked incredibly boring. She was 13, 5 weeks from turning 14. At first, the CM came over to DS and asked if he wanted to join a group up on deck playing basketball ... THEN she saw his wristband for the club and rudely told him to leave ... as I walked over to see what was going on, he was telling the CM that he was there with his parents and sister to check it out for HER. We weren't trying to get him in there ... he was just with us at the time ... but the rudeness of the CM was completely uncalled for. DS still remembers how she made him feel, so that is also going to have some bearing on whether he will want to give Edge a shot. Since it's a 7 day on the Fantasy with 3 sea days, I'm hoping that he'll find some friends in there and have a blast.

13 is such a lousy age ... I remember it well.

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: