Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
km3jones
Earning My Ears

I was exactly 60 days out today and it let me do online check in today. Yesterday the button was not available to check in, today it was.
km3jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
pxydst
Mouseketeer

thank you km3jones!
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Personally, I wouldn't worry about checking in online. We always have our requests attached to our reservation well in advance. We've only done on line check in once out of all our trips, and I didn't see a huge advantage. There were no lines for either. And it was the only time they got our leaving date wrong. We were doing a split stay, but had us in the same room for the entire trip. It prob took us longer to check in because they had to go into the back, and look up our details and re do everything.

This was just our experience, I'm sure on line check in works for most 99% of the time.

The request box with on line check in is very limited, so if you have something specific you have to phone and have it added to your reservation.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
Personally, I wouldn't worry about checking in online. We always have our requests attached to our reservation well in advance. We've only done on line check in once out of all our trips, and I didn't see a huge advantage. There were no lines for either. And it was the only time they got our leaving date wrong. We were doing a split stay, but had us in the same room for the entire trip. It prob took us longer to check in because they had to go into the back, and look up our details and re do everything.

This was just our experience, I'm sure on line check in works for most 99% of the time.

The request box with on line check in is very limited, so if you have something specific you have to phone and have it added to your reservation.
A very important point. This is the very first trip where I have even bothered with online check in. So far I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss is about in the first place.. LOL

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
pxydst
Mouseketeer

For us.... we are not requesting anything... it is just the fact that we are one step closer to Disney!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #21
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI. The online check-in 60 days out feature is in preparation of FP+. Once it officially rolls out, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days out. You will not be able to make any of your FP+ reservations until you have done online check-in. So if you see yourself utilizing FP+ once it officially rolls out, you will need to get used to doing online check-in.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
berryinDC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad
Just an FYI. The online check-in 60 days out feature is in preparation of FP+. Once it officially rolls out, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days out. You will not be able to make any of your FP+ reservations until you have done online check-in. So if you see yourself utilizing FP+ once it officially rolls out, you will need to get used to doing online check-in.
When does FP+ officially roll out?

2013 AKL, 2010 POR, 1998 BWI, 1996 ASM, 1993 Swan
berryinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #23
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryinDC View Post
When does FP+ officially roll out?
There has been no official word yet. But it has been in the testing phase for a couple months.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
For us.... we are not requesting anything... it is just the fact that we are one step closer to Disney!!!
For me, it's about credit card privacy. I enter the card when I do online check in, and the number is truncated so no one at the resort can see it. If I check in at the front desk, I have to hand the card over and the CM and others in the vicinity have the ability to see the number in full.

I am within my 10 day window and am frustrated beyond belief that I can't get into online check in. If I can't get in to do it over the next couple days, I'll have to go with the alternate of doing everything with cash AND having to deal with full check in after a long day at work. Not how I planned on starting my WDW vacation.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
pxydst
Mouseketeer

Well good luck fla4fun... I hope it works for you!!! Tell Mickey we will see him in a couple of months!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun

For me, it's about credit card privacy. I enter the card when I do online check in, and the number is truncated so no one at the resort can see it. If I check in at the front desk, I have to hand the card over and the CM and others in the vicinity have the ability to see the number in full.

I am within my 10 day window and am frustrated beyond belief that I can't get into online check in. If I can't get in to do it over the next couple days, I'll have to go with the alternate of doing everything with cash AND having to deal with full check in after a long day at work. Not how I planned on starting my WDW vacation.
Have you tried doing online check-in at www.mydisneyreservation.com ?? That's how I was able to get checked in for my upcoming trip.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #27
Stan's MaggieMouse
Mouseketeer

I was able to do online check in this morning with no problem. 10 days left!

Stan's MaggieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #28
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Have you tried doing online check-in at www.mydisneyreservation.com ?? That's how I was able to get checked in for my upcoming trip.
Yes, I tried that one. I've spent my entire day off today on two different computers trying to check in. One would allow me into the old website, but when I tried to do online check in, it would skip over the page where you enter all your info and go right to the page where you can enter any celebration info. When I tried the mydisneyreservation, if I tried options one, three, or four, it would bring up the reservation info, but not allow me to go forward into the check in process. Option two gave me an error message that the URL was incorrect. And of course, the new website just says "Sorry!". 12 hours of work and I'm no closer to being checked in than I was before. I have become a master at deleting cookies and browsing history. Is there something else I should be erasing as well?

I've made AAA reservations and Expedia reservations and reservations direct with Disney and I've always been able to check in online. I don't understand what the problem is, but I only have one more day to get it right before I have to go to plan B.

Any ideas why it's not allowing me in? I'm open to all suggestions at this point.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #29
Sue M
DIS Veteran

After reading about the FP+ I decided to do on line check in to see if I get picked for the FP+ trial Will give it another go after our less then stellar experience with it in August. No split stay this time, so maybe it will go better

I was able to do the check-in, on my iPad. I'm 21 days out. But can't even get into the WDW web site using my laptop I use Safari on both. I have no idea what is going on, but it sure is frustrating a lot of people.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #30
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

I feel like I climbed Everest, I actually was able to use online check-in! After trying all day yesterday, trying to do it either on the new site, the special link, trying to get back to the old site, nothing. This morning, I was actually given a link to the old website and it worked! Still can't link 1 dining reservation, no matter what I do, but hey, I got checked in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: