Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
ldhr2005
Mouseketeer

45 minutes on hold?? Really???

and still waiting... Trying to modify my Disney Visa Promotion dates ( airfare was SO much better if I switched things around), and I cannot seem to get them to answer the phone!!! I am seriously thinking about calling my travel agent and switching the ressie over to her so that I don't have to wait anymore. I never remember it being this bad (and I usually call the first day the promotions come out!!!) Grrrrr
ldhr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
danicaca
Mouseketeer

I waited almost 1.5 hours the other day, and finally hung up - but not after getting the "Canada Is" song stuck in my head - and it still is! UGH! Decided an hour later to try again, and got a human being after being on hold 3 minutes. Sometimes I think your call gets lost in a black hole somewhere, and it is best to hang up and call again, as painful as that sounds after being on hold for so long!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
ldhr2005
Mouseketeer

Finally got through. Wanted to change my dates before the promotion went to the general public!! At least it is done and now I can concentrate on dining!!!
ldhr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
jillybeene71
Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

Im still on hold after 62 minutes. what the heck??????

July '07 Universal/Hard Rock Nov '07 Royal Pacific New Years '08 All Star Music (Magic Music Days) July '08 Royal Pacific Oct '08 PO Riverside New Years '09 All Star Movies July '09 Pop Century New Years '10 Pop Century July '10 PO Riverside/Royal Pacific November '10 Pop Century July '11 Pop Century Nov '11 All Star Movies Nov '12 Pop Century July '13 AoA/Pop CenturyNov/Dec '13 ASMovies/Pop Century October '14 Royal Pacific/Pop Century
jillybeene71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
jillybeene71
Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
I waited almost 1.5 hours the other day, and finally hung up - but not after getting the "Canada Is" song stuck in my head - and it still is! UGH! Decided an hour later to try again, and got a human being after being on hold 3 minutes. Sometimes I think your call gets lost in a black hole somewhere, and it is best to hang up and call again, as painful as that sounds after being on hold for so long!
I actually love this song, I know it by heart only from being on hold so many dang times.

July '07 Universal/Hard Rock Nov '07 Royal Pacific New Years '08 All Star Music (Magic Music Days) July '08 Royal Pacific Oct '08 PO Riverside New Years '09 All Star Movies July '09 Pop Century New Years '10 Pop Century July '10 PO Riverside/Royal Pacific November '10 Pop Century July '11 Pop Century Nov '11 All Star Movies Nov '12 Pop Century July '13 AoA/Pop CenturyNov/Dec '13 ASMovies/Pop Century October '14 Royal Pacific/Pop Century
jillybeene71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Thanks, now I have Canada playing in my head!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeene71 View Post
I actually love this song, I know it by heart only from being on hold so many dang times.
Oh, I used to love it... I actually had to look it up on YouTube so my girls could hear it, because I just kept singing "Canada, Canada, my Canada,..."
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

I was on hold for 57 minutes yesterday morning. Was calling to cancel our reservations at Riverside since we decided to rent DVC points. Once I got through, the CM said that they were unable to access any reservation info at this time and I needed to call back later.

Worked out for the better though since the DVC points rental fell through. There were not enough points available at the resort we requested.

So in the end, I'm glad they couldn't access the reservations as we would be re-reserving them now.

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

Spent 45 minutes, hung up in disgust. Then spent another 20 minutes later that day, and hung up. Then spent another 30 minutes the next day, until we finally got someone on the phone. They said that the call volume was heavy due to the holidays and people wanting to make reservations.

The outcome of my call? The CM, after texting IT, was told that the entire reservation system was down. Gee, I could tell her that by what I was seeing online! More aggravating, however, was that the CM had no way to help us and didn't even know that the reservation system was down!
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: