Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #61
bee86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

I actually think once you have that 'lightbulb' moment your in a much better frame of mind to lose the weight and continue.

That's why I ended up starting my diet before Vhristmas, I knew if I kept putting it off I would never start.

I lst 1lb this week taking my total loss to 13lbs. Just about 28lbs to go LOL.
Brilliant! Wow go you see that's what I'm talking about and seriously go you for starting before Christmas that took a lot of determination you are now my new inspiration as anyone who can do that over Christmas has major will power unlike me lol I need to get me some of that.....slowly but surely!lol

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #62
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty View Post
I'm just getting over being poorly with sinusitis, will start my healthy eating/diet now i'm not on lemsips and anti biotics and I'll weigh in next week
Sorry to hear you've been poorly Jeanette Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stba2006 View Post
Just weighed in and lost 3lbs. Am so please that I have managed to stick to my first week. First 2 weeks are always a nightmare for me so fingers crossed i can get through this next week :eek

Good-Luck every-one for this next week
Yay ! Well done Stacey, that's great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
Awww thanks a million Mandy, sorry for the rant yesterday just having such a difficult week and like me eating unhealthy was just making things worse, a vicious circle! So being v. good today so fingers crossed Ill have good news next week on the weight loss front.

Congrats on the 2lb loss thats brilliant
That's what we're here for hun, not every week is going to be a good one, so come on here, have a little vent, and we'll tell you it's OK and encourage each other to get back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
Brilliant Pam, I was so worried I was just having a crazy person rant so Im delighted that some good might come of the rant!
To note, today ive been really healthy so far choosing fruit over chocolate/crisps for snacks. Its difficult BUT I keep telling myself that feeling good will feel better than any amount of chocolate.
Well done hun, you'll get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
I actually think once you have that 'lightbulb' moment your in a much better frame of mind to lose the weight and continue.

That's why I ended up starting my diet before Vhristmas, I knew if I kept putting it off I would never start.

I lst 1lb this week taking my total loss to 13lbs. Just about 28lbs to go LOL.
Well done Laura on losing another pound hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsy View Post
May I join too please? Have lost 8.5bs so far on WW(the half pound is very important, lol)..8.5 of 100

Was just looking at pictures from our first trip about 7 years ago..AND I WAS WEARING A BIKINI

While I'm not that optimistic about getting back into one for our next trip at the start of September, I would like to feel reasonably confident in my togs..I weigh on a Saturday so fingers crossed.

It's really nice to read all the encouraging comments, and great to have people who understand what you're trying to do..good luck everyone!
Welcome to our dieting thread hugsy Well done on losing 8.5lbs so far too Good Luck

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #63
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

well done everbody what great starts.
I have been good this week back to the gym and walked miles I have also stuck to my calorie goal.
I only weigh in every 3 weeks so another 2 to go however a sneaky peak in the gym says things are moving in the right direction

good luck next week everybody

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #64
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to get thinner for Disney. I'm a size 20 and worried I won't fit on the rides I fitted in at Alton towers last year, but not sure what disney is like. I aim to drop 1-2 dress sizes by my trip. I'm using 'my fitness pal' calorie counter app and attending Zumba and walking my friends dog.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #65
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
I'm trying to get thinner for Disney. I'm a size 20 and worried I won't fit on the rides I fitted in at Alton towers last year, but not sure what disney is like. I aim to drop 1-2 dress sizes by my trip. I'm using 'my fitness pal' calorie counter app and attending Zumba and walking my friends dog.
Welcome Jazzy!

Hope you loose the weight you're aiming for before your trip and beyond! I will say though, you will fit in the rides, believe me and esp if you loose two dress sizes that you're aiming for. There's many, many Americans who are very overweight, so the rides are adapted for bigger riders, both at Disney & Universal.

Saying that, let that not put you off, I'm sure you'd still be focused about loosing the weight, even if the rides weren't a factor! I'm using My Fitness Pal also, as my brother has had great success with it and is now 45lb lighter since last May! Feel free to add me, my username is Rach066, always happy to have Dis friends along for the ride
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #66
paul_toria96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny
Hi Jazzy

I'm also on my fitness pal - stitch39

Don't worry I was a size 22 last time we went to Disney and I had not problem fitting into the rides, saying that I certainly would have felt happier a few sizes smaller that is why I'm using MFP and aim to loose before Disney next year

Good luck and feel free to add me, as It's been said there are a few of us from the DIS on there :smile:
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #67
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny
You'll have no problems fitting on rides. I was a similar size a few years ago and had no problems. My motivation for losing weight then was that I'd found the flight quite uncomfortable. The seats were a little snug. The next time I went back I was a size 16 and I noticed a massive difference.

Good luck xx
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #68
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
well done everbody what great starts.
I have been good this week back to the gym and walked miles I have also stuck to my calorie goal.
I only weigh in every 3 weeks so another 2 to go however a sneaky peak in the gym says things are moving in the right direction

good luck next week everybody
Nice one Rachel, fingers crossed for a good loss at your next weigh-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
Welcome to our dieting thread Jazzy Wishing you lots of luck with your diet and I hope you reach your goal for your next holiday

Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #69
bee86
DIS Veteran

Can you use my fitness pal for just tracking weight loss? I used to use it but can't really remember how it works now! Would like to join the fitness pal community but I'm doing ww so tracking in a book.
Yesterday I found out my mum who I literally do everything with went and joined one of those motivation weight clinics with out telling me (shes only 7lbs over weight) and I felt so upset and left out as we normally do ww together. I really can't afford the clinic thing it as I'm paying for our holiday! Anyway would love the extra sense of community on my fitness pal if its not a necessity to track all foods?? But to track your weight loss?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #70
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcomes I have added people. Anyone that I've missed, feel free to add me. JazzyBBunny
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #71
wifey
DIS Veteran

Bee86 if course you can just add your weight loss in a nice graph which is great as it can show your losses got up to 3 months at a time, good luck .

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #72
wifey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey
Bee86 if course you can just add your weight loss in a nice graph which is great as it can show your losses got up to 3 months at a time, good luck .
You log it under Progress

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #73
bee86
DIS Veteran

Thank a million! I logged back into my account today (dusted off the username and password lol) so going to use it for the progress charts my username is bee_8686

Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

I've got 2 Zumba classes booked for the coming week and I'm taking my friends dog for a long walk on Wednesday
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #75
mrferret
Drafting to the front

Hi

Hello all
My DW and me started a change in diet in june last year to try and loose weight and am happy to say it has been a huge success so far.
We started eating low carb.
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

I understand its not the easiest thing to do and it meant a complete change of what and how we eat , and it's not for everyone .
But am so pleased with the results that i just wanted to share with all you..

We are now soo looking forward to our May holiday and will be bugging the photopass photographers at every oppertunity..

Good luck to all you starting and congrats to all keeping up with whatever weight loss program works for you

Edit : 3 stone/42 pounds lost so far :-)

Last edited by mrferret; 01-13-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: adding stuff
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: