Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Offsite Restaurant Review

Thanks to this wonderful forum, we decided to try and venture offsite to eat this trip. I am so glad we did. If it wasn't for the great recommendations here, we wouldn't have found so many wonderful restaurants.

We were at Disney over Thanksgiving for 10 days and ate at some really great restaurants and one not so great. Here is my breakdown.

Steak 'n Shake- we ate here our first night because we wanted something quick that we could grab on the way from the airport to AKV. Unfortunately the food was horrible. We went to the one on Apopka-Vineland Rd. We went through the drive thru and because there were 5 of us ordering, I guess that is considered a large orderso they had us pull around the building and park out front. I think they forgot about us because after 30 minutes, yes that is 30 min. (good thing they had us pull around to the front), we finally got our cold food(I did go in after about 15 min. and were told it wasn't ready yet but I have a feeling they confused my order with someone else's). It was not only cold but gross. We should have taken it back but after traveling from California to Florida, we were tired and hungry and just wanted to get to the resort. 3 of us ended up throwing our burgers away as they were disgusting. Maybe if the burgers and fries were hot they wouldn't have been as bad but we will never know as we will never eat here again.

Landry's Seafood- Great service, great food! Will definitely try again.

Giordano's- Loved it! Great service and food. A must for every trip now.

Longhorn Steakhouse- Great service, great food. Another must for every trip.

Delmonico's Steakhouse- My new favorite restaurant! The chicken parmesan which is not on the menu but can be requested is my absolute favorite and the service couldn't have been better. I really wish this restaurant was located where I live. A definite must visit every trip, maybe even more than once on longer trips.

Overall, 4 out of 5 great restaurants isn't too bad. It has definitely made us rethink eating onsite. We used to only eat onsite, usually with the dining plan but with the price increases, we decided to try going offsite. We will never eat exclusively onsite again.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Thanks for your review. Glad to see you enjoyed Landry's - it's one of our favorites. As far as Steak & Shake, well, they're pretty much hit-or-miss anywhere. We have one really good one where we live, and one we wouldn't recommend to our worst enemy!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Steak N Shake is my kids favorite restaurant. One of the few places they all agree to eat. I would suggest for a cheap sit down place rather than drive thru.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews we stay offsite for a week and then a week in Disney so we are always looking for some great offsite restaraunts to try.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote