Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Deck 6 or 7 on the Magic?

So I will be booking a Magic cruise soon, although it may be a dummy. But just in case it isnt, I would like to book a good room. We are looking for a room with a verandah, two rooms, 4 people in each room.
From my understanding, midship is best for the rockiness. Now, I would like to try to find a room that is quiet, and not right under a smoking area. It looks like decks 6 or 7 may be best in terms of noise levels. Is that right?

Also, which gives better views, starboard or port, on a Bahamian cruise?

Thank you for your help.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
eemaxx
Mouseketeer

My family of 4 stayed in room 7514 on the Magic last Christmas. It was the first ocean view room on the portside, aft, just past all the verandah rooms. It was very quiet and there was only one night where we could feel the ship rocking. Quite peaceful!
eemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

We just recently stayed in stateroom 7054 on the Magic and LOVED it. Great location all around!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksMomma
We just recently stayed in stateroom 7054 on the Magic and LOVED it. Great location all around!
I'm unfamiliar with the ships and the room numbers. If the room # starts with a 7, is it on deck 7?

Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
I'm unfamiliar with the ships and the room numbers. If the room # starts with a 7, is it on deck 7?
Yes. Deck 7 would be quieter than deck 6. Prior to booking any specific cabin, look on the deck plans at what will be 1 deck above or below you. Some cabins on deck 6 will be directly over the kids clubs or the Buena Vista Theater (movie theater). It's not a guarantee of noise but could be.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Love, love, LOVE deck 7 on the Magic! It has the outside seating area in the aft section of the ship, in addition to the hidden staircase that leads up to Topsiders. Both a huge bonuses to me!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2

Yes. Deck 7 would be quieter than deck 6. Prior to booking any specific cabin, look on the deck plans at what will be 1 deck above or below you. Some cabins on deck 6 will be directly over the kids clubs or the Buena Vista Theater (movie theater). It's not a guarantee of noise but could be.
Never thought about being an issue!! Thanks for the tip!!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
carly68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee
So I will be booking a Magic cruise soon, although it may be a dummy. But just in case it isnt, I would like to book a good room. We are looking for a room with a verandah, two rooms, 4 people in each room.
From my understanding, midship is best for the rockiness. Now, I would like to try to find a room that is quiet, and not right under a smoking area. It looks like decks 6 or 7 may be best in terms of noise levels. Is that right?

Also, which gives better views, starboard or port, on a Bahamian cruise?

Thank you for your help.
We just got off the Magic today and were In rooms 7600 and 7602. These rooms were perfect. Near an elevator and the laundry room but not near enough for noise and traffic. Deck 7 aft was great for proximity to deck 9 drink station. Very little ship movement. Can't say enough about this location. I would book these rooms again and again.
carly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
shnbenedict
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly68

We just got off the Magic today and were In rooms 7600 and 7602. These rooms were perfect. Near an elevator and the laundry room but not near enough for noise and traffic. Deck 7 aft was great for proximity to deck 9 drink station. Very little ship movement. Can't say enough about this location. I would book these rooms again and again.
Can you tell me if the room 7602 and 7600 have the plexiglas glass balcony or half solid wall? We are in these room for spring break, thanks for sharing
shnbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnbenedict View Post
Can you tell me if the room 7602 and 7600 have the plexiglas glass balcony or half solid wall? We are in these room for spring break, thanks for sharing
There are stateroom reports for your cabins on this page. Toggle up to the red stateroom tab at top of page and look for room reports. There are about 5 reviews for each cabin.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
carly68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnbenedict View Post
These have the plexiglass not the solid wall and the two rooms adjoin
carly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

We were in 6068 & 6070 this past August. We didn't hear anything from anywhere. It was a short walk to the midship stairs/elevator. Since we were above the corridor that goes around the atrium there wasn't any noise from below. The verandah had a plexiglass wall.

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

We like Deck 6, port side, midship (really anywhere between the aft and forward elevators). What we like about this area is that there are just the lifeboats and a hallway area below you so if your family members are heavy walkers, you don't have to worry about the people right below you. We like port side, too, because smoking on the open deck is on the starboard side (or it was the last time we sailed) so you only have your other verandahs to worry about for smoke rather than the open decks, too. We like Deck 6 because it's three up from Deck 3 and three down from Deck 9 so it's halfway from anything And the boys particularly liked it because it was one quick flight down to cross over quickly from aft to forward and not have to navigate cleaning carts on their way to wherever they were going. Our favorite cabin is 6116.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom
We like Deck 6, port side, midship (really anywhere between the aft and forward elevators). What we like about this area is that there are just the lifeboats and a hallway area below you so if your family members are heavy walkers, you don't have to worry about the people right below you. We like port side, too, because smoking on the open deck is on the starboard side (or it was the last time we sailed) so you only have your other verandahs to worry about for smoke rather than the open decks, too. We like Deck 6 because it's three up from Deck 3 and three down from Deck 9 so it's halfway from anything And the boys particularly liked it because it was one quick flight down to cross over quickly from aft to forward and not have to navigate cleaning carts on their way to wherever they were going. Our favorite cabin is 6116.
Thank you for mentioning the smoking on starboard side, I do not like dealing with the smoke.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: