Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #31
PotteryGal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkiwikki View Post
We used to stay exclusively onsite -
But once we found vacationcentralflorida.com that all changed.
I am not paid in any way to say that...

Honest review...

Instead of paying 400+ a night for deluxe accomodations...we could pay 89 bucks a night and have 3 bdrm condo with MORE space than disney.

After going to Windsor Hills I fear we will never stay on site again.

read my trippies below..Worth every penny. We are planning another trip to windsor hills for this upcomming summer. The only decision is a condo or a Townhouse with a splash pool....There is not even a thought for a second about going back onsite...we love Windsor hills and the pool is beautiful
We are hoping to rent thru vacationcentralflorida.com as well. First time back to WDW in 4 years, and the cost of the on-site hotels make me ill, honestly. We are just waiting to get a confirmation on my hubby's vacation dates, then we're making a ressie at Windsor Hills!
PotteryGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I've researched a few Windsor Hills rental/mgmnt companies

I have heard very positive things about Windsor Hills and I have done a bit of research about different companies to rent through. There are a lot of options if you are interested in condos, townhouses, or larger vacation houses and it seems like the rates are pretty reasonable and competitive across the board. A lot of the condos and homes feature Disney themed bedrooms too. It seems like the majority of people that have stayed here agree that it is a short drive to the parks from this community. I also like that it is a secure and family friendly community. The rental/management companies I've researched include: vacationcentralflorida.com, magicalvacationhomes.com, floridasunvacationhomes.com, and allstarvacationhomes.com; and there is always the option to rent directly from the owner (vrbo.com or windsorhillsrent.com). I really like the rates and units offered by vacationcentralflorida.com and they are at the top of my list; but like other posters mentioned they only rent Sat-Sat which may not always work for everyone. The other company at the top of my list is magicalvacationhomes.com as I really like the 3 bedroom condos they offer, their rates are reasonable, and you don't have to book Sat-Sat or do a standard week long stay (can do shorter or longer than 7 nights).
Maybe we should make this a Windsor Hills info/fan thread
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #33
LeahA
DIS Veteran

We booked through windorhillsrent.com directly from the owner and we stayed Wednesday-Wednesday. Maybe the management companies are more strict, not sure.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the responses! We don't really needa a 3 bedroom, as long as a 2 bedroom condo allowed 5, we would be fine. I have researched a little and like the idea of one of the bedrooms being Disney themed ~ I think my girls would really like that!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #35
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotteryGal View Post
We are hoping to rent thru vacationcentralflorida.com as well. First time back to WDW in 4 years, and the cost of the on-site hotels make me ill, honestly. We are just waiting to get a confirmation on my hubby's vacation dates, then we're making a ressie at Windsor Hills!
We rented through vactioncentralflorida a couple of years ago and had a great experience. We stayed again this fall and the townhouse we rented was rather dirty. Long term dirt such as built up dust and short term issues such as some substance streaked on the kitchen wall, hair on the bathroom floors, etc. Remote was overly worn out, phones weren't charged - never could get them to work. Lots of small things. I sent the owner an email letting them know we were disappointed in how dirty it was but never had a response.

I won't rent from them again.
pantherlj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherlj View Post
We rented through vactioncentralflorida a couple of years ago and had a great experience. We stayed again this fall and the townhouse we rented was rather dirty. Long term dirt such as built up dust and short term issues such as some substance streaked on the kitchen wall, hair on the bathroom floors, etc. Remote was overly worn out, phones weren't charged - never could get them to work. Lots of small things. I sent the owner an email letting them know we were disappointed in how dirty it was but never had a response.

I won't rent from them again.
That stinks that this happened to you! We rented directly through the owner and upon arrival there was a note on the fridge if we did not feel the condo was clean enough we could contact the cleaning service directly. We lucked out, ours was so clean!
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #37
Saskiwi
Mouseketeer

Just adding another WH contact: [url]www.storytimeorlandorental.com[url] We have rented thru them for this May and so far they have been good to deal with. They have three 3 bed pool town homes and two 6 bed pool houses, with the big pools. All have disney themed kids rooms and look great.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
tantoria2
Earning My Ears

We just rented a 3b 3b townhouse from magical vacation homes for April. Looks great, recently refinished and comes with a sit and stand stroller as well as a gate across the pool, granite counters etc. Hope it is as great as it appears. I did a ton of research and I hope I made a good choice The cost was $1100 total with tax. Oh, and that is for 8 days

Last edited by tantoria2; 01-12-2013 at 12:38 PM.
tantoria2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantoria2 View Post
We just rented a 3b 3b townhouse from magical vacation homes for April. Looks great, recently refinished and comes with a sit and stand stroller as well as a gate across the pool, granite counters etc. Hope it is as great as it appears. I did a ton of research and I hope I made a good choice The cost was $1100 total with tax. Oh, and that is for 8 days
That sounds like a great rate! Have fun!
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #40
Jules123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2mickey
I am so glad to hear positive reviews on Windsor Hills since we have been an on-site family. We will be there this summer and have rates that are phenomenal!!! 2 bedroom Condo with living room, full kitchen, washer and dryer for just $424 TOTAL Saturday to Saturday!! Disney just can't match this price with any type of discount.
That sounds like a great deal! Who did you rent through?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #41
IncredibleboysMom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that we have a 2BR condo reserved at Windsor Hills for 8 nights over Presidents Day weekend (Disney peak time) for $700 total (that's around $87/night!). It sleeps five and the owner has been great to work with so far. The website is http://disneytreasure.wordpress.com

Hope that helps someone!
Disney Magic 4/05, 9/08, 11/13
IncredibleboysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
addicted2mickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules123 View Post
That sounds like a great deal! Who did you rent through?
vacationcentralflorida.com
They have been wonderful. Please check out the website as they have alot of condo's and townhouses. Dave has answered every question within an hour. Geez, I sound like I work for them but NO I live in the Pittsburgh area, only wish I lived in Florida!!
addicted2mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #43
4forMe
DIS Veteran

We've booked 3 of our last 4 Windsor Hill homes with Florida Sun Vacation Homes. Each time we stayed in a 4 BR home. We prefer them since they do not require Sat-Sat stays. We usually stay 8-10 days, and they offer a 15% discount if you stay 7 nights or longer. Also, their homes are extremely clean and look exactly like the pictures on the website.

We love Windsor Hills!
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #44
tantoria2
Earning My Ears

Jules123,

We rented through Magical vacation homes. This will be our first time at WH and our first time renting through Magical. Hope it is as good as it looks If you go to their site, select 3 bed 3 bath pool home the one we rented is a "five star” rated with red pool chairs newly refurbished. Hope this helps
tantoria2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #45
LeahA
DIS Veteran

F.Y.I.-if you have downtime, or a resort day, check out the movie theatre they have. It's just off the game room, very nice, has maybe 50 seats, not sure, big screen. We watched Madagacar 3 when we were there, I totally forgot about it and was in the game room with the kids and was snooping around, I opened the door and the movie was playing! You can check the office for a schedule of what movies they play every day.
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY