Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
Glad you like it, and having a good time. I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

How far is it from MK/Epcot/HS? Is there a grocery store close (and restaurants)? Who did you rent the villa through?
I sent you a private message on who I rented through! Very nice people!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

What is the best way to rent from Windsor Hills?
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishwal View Post
We stayed in one of the townhomes at Windsor Hills in 2007 with the teeny pool - kids thought it was AWESOME! Next year it's Emerald Island at a 7 bedroom villa with a much bigger pool and all their cousins!

I did love how quiet Windsor Hills was - the only issue was having to look at all the commercial throw-up along the road on the way to Disney property (which I assume we will have to see again along Irlo Bronson). Last year it was Bonnet Creek Resort (loved its serenity and location but we couldn't find a way to house so many people in one place and having the whole family in one place is key).
Just returned from EI - if you stay on Funie Steed road (although it is a bit bumpy in 1 place) you come out on Entry Point road and straight onto the shortcut mentioned previously.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabesuz View Post
What is the best way to rent from Windsor Hills?

or

www.vrbo.com

I used the first one
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
rellinge
Earning My Ears

Headed there at the end of January. Staying in one of the 6 bedroom villas. Can't wait.
rellinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellinge View Post
Headed there at the end of January. Staying in one of the 6 bedroom villas. Can't wait.
That sounds nice!!! Have a great trip!
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
nugov2
DIS Veteran

We rented a 6 bedroom for June. I am glad to read the good reviews. I didn't want to pay the price for a 2bdrm suite on site. I am a little nervous b/c it is the first time off site, but just need the space to spread out. With a waterslide, private pool etc. the kids will have a blast and we have a ton more money to spend doing extras.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
We rented a 6 bedroom for June. I am glad to read the good reviews. I didn't want to pay the price for a 2bdrm suite on site. I am a little nervous b/c it is the first time off site, but just need the space to spread out. With a waterslide, private pool etc. the kids will have a blast and we have a ton more money to spend doing extras.
This was our first time offsite in many, many years, and I was nervous too. We did miss some things about staying onsite, but if you have to stay offsite this resort was very nice. We saved so much money, and I refuse to give Disney $400-$500 Per night for a room. It will be a different experience but it will be nice.
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
addicted2mickey
Earning My Ears

I am so glad to hear positive reviews on Windsor Hills since we have been an on-site family. We will be there this summer and have rates that are phenomenal!!! 2 bedroom Condo with living room, full kitchen, washer and dryer for just $424 TOTAL Saturday to Saturday!! Disney just can't match this price with any type of discount.
addicted2mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #25
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2mickey View Post
I am so glad to hear positive reviews on Windsor Hills since we have been an on-site family. We will be there this summer and have rates that are phenomenal!!! 2 bedroom Condo with living room, full kitchen, washer and dryer for just $424 TOTAL Saturday to Saturday!! Disney just can't match this price with any type of discount.

Wow! That's a great deal! I love Disney resorts but they are flippin expensive no matter what anyone says!
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Love Windsor Hills

We used to stay exclusively onsite -
But once we found vacationcentralflorida.com that all changed.
I am not paid in any way to say that...

Honest review...

Instead of paying 400+ a night for deluxe accomodations...we could pay 89 bucks a night and have 3 bdrm condo with MORE space than disney.

After going to Windsor Hills I fear we will never stay on site again.

read my trippies below..Worth every penny. We are planning another trip to windsor hills for this upcomming summer. The only decision is a condo or a Townhouse with a splash pool....There is not even a thought for a second about going back onsite...we love Windsor hills and the pool is beautiful
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #27
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me about the community pool? Is it just a pool, or is it themed nice? have a slide?

Also, I was looking at some townhouses and noticed that they have a private pool. This makes me a little nervous with our young children. Probably a dumb question, but there is a locking door to the pool, right?

Is there a difference between the townhomes and condos?
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
LeahA
DIS Veteran

They have condos, townhomes and houses.

The townhomes have a splash pad in the back and the homes have a pool. I assume there is a sliding glass door that leads to both.

The main pool is fairly large with the zero depth entry, and there is a slide. There is those little fountains that shoot up from the ground, and there is a hot tub area. As far as a theme, just a pool, palm trees, chairs.
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
IncredibleboysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Can anyone tell me about the community pool? Is it just a pool, or is it themed nice? have a slide?

Also, I was looking at some townhouses and noticed that they have a private pool. This makes me a little nervous with our young children. Probably a dumb question, but there is a locking door to the pool, right?

Is there a difference between the townhomes and condos?
We stayed in a 3BR townhome last spring with the splash pool. My kids were 6, 8 and 12 at the time. The home we rented had a locking sliding door out to the pool area and a gate that locked across the front of the pool. I dont think that they all have a gate, it seemed to have been added by the owners.

The townhome is two level. There is a living room, kitchen and one bedroom/bath combination on the first floor. The stairs are fairly steep (IMO) and there are two more bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. Our unit also had a washer/dryer upstairs. You can pull right up to the front to park. The townhome was very nice and my kids enjoyed the pool a lot.

Next month we are renting a 2BR on the first floor of the building closest to the main pool. Members of our party have mobility issues and, as I said, the stairs were steep. We gave up our splash pool, but are hoping that the weather will be nice enough to go in the resort pool or at least the hot tub. I assume the parking will not be right in front of the unit. We paid $800 for the townhome for four nights over spring break last year, and are paying $623 for 7 nights Presidents week for the condo this year. The townhomes are not located right around the resort pool although I dont think all of the condos are either. We had a short walk to the resort pool last year.

Hope that helps!
Disney Magic 4/05, 9/08, 11/13
IncredibleboysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
richmo
DIS Veteran

Just piling on what just about everyone else has said...

We've stayed at WH twice, once two weeks and once for one week. Very happy with it.

A few comments :
- The condos are pretty close to the pool. The pool is locked...you press a keypad with a code given to you on your parking ticket. When we were there last, the back gate to the pool had a broken lock so you could just go in, but I would think they've fixed that by now.
- It is so nice to spread out!
- The vacationcentralflorida folks are great to work with. You don't have to go to a realty location...they'll send you a keycode to your door, so just show up. Their rentals are pretty strictly Saturday to Saturday; if that doesn't fit your travel plans, you might need to look elsewhere.
- By the way, "show up" time is usually on Saturday about 2:00 or so. The line at the security gate can be intense around then. The rest of the week will be fine. (It might be OK to show up a little early and use the pool...but give the cleaners a break and don't try to show up at your condo until you're supposed to)
- By all means, learn the Sherberth Rd entrance. US-192 is a lot better than it was a few years ago, but it still gets crowded. If you are returning to WH from Disney, follow signs for AK and AKL. Just before you get to AKL, make a left at the light.
- Yes there are grocery stores (Winn Dixie, Publix), mostly on 192. But here's another tip -- when you leave WH, instead of turning left to head for 192, turn RIGHT. You'll be in far less traffic...just travel about 3 miles and there's a Publix (it might be in Reunion, but I'm not sure about that). The distance may be slightly longer, but travel time considerably less.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote