Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
married2mm
DIS Veteran

windsor palms

Has anyone stayed here?

Reviews,opinions-good or bad?
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Ckania
Earning My Ears

I have stayed there three times now and we love it! We stayed in a townhouse with three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Each townhouse and house also has their own pool! I also liked that it was not a long walk to the clubhouse and pool from our townhouse. We stayed at 8106 Princess Palm and booked through Globalresorthomes.com. You can see all their homes pictures online and call them when you know what house you want to book, they will almost always give you a discount if you ask.
Ckania is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
mguedes
Mouseketeer

I also stayed there three times already. They have condos, townhomes and homes. I only stayed in homes so canīt tell you much about the condos and towhomes.

But it all depends on which home you choose, since it is a relatively old gated community. Also, the homes have different floorplans and some are not so nice. And of course, it depends on how well the owner takes cares of the property.
A friend of mine rented a 4 bedroom home that was not so nice and clean.

Location is fine.

Community pool is a little small specially if many homes are occupied.

But last year I discovered www.paradisepalmsresort.com.br
It is a gated community with brand new homes and townhomes. I stayed there 3 months ago and I am staying again in December.
mguedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys.

Was just looking on windsor palms site,so off to check out your helpful info.

Would be after a 3 bed condo or townhouse,never stayed in a condo before-dh concerned about possible neighbor noises?!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Ckania
Earning My Ears

I haven't stayed in a condo yet, so I don't know about the noise, but I can tell you all of the townhouses we stayed in were quiet in Windsor Palms.
Ckania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
cammie810
Mouseketeer

We have stayed there twice in the past few months. The condo's are set up almost exactly the same as in Windsor Hills. We rented from palm tree vacation homes and both condos were very clean and well furnished. Windsor Hills has a nicer pool area and elevators. That is pretty much the only difference. We live in FL and go over for only a couple of days each time so WP is fine. If I was going to stay longer and spend more time at the pool I might go with WH.
cammie810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
mguedes
Mouseketeer

I personally donīt like condos because they have that hotel feeling. I like to park my car in front of the home and just get inside. I would hate to have to use stairs or even an elevator to get inside.

Townhomes are not much more expensive.
mguedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

We've stayed there multiple times in 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos and the townhouses as well. We have not rented single homes there yet.

We love it. Great location. Great properties. In all the times we've stayed there, we only had one condo that we weren't thrilled with. It was okay but really needed some rehabbing. (To be fair, it was also particularly cheap which should have been a tip off but for the price, it was just fine.)

I would skip the condos. They aren't much cheaper (if at all) than the townhomes. If you are on the 1st or 2nd floor, you could have someone noisy above you. If you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor, you have to go up and down the stairs a lot. And you don't necessarily get to park close to your unit. You also don't have your own pool.

With the townhomes, you don't have anyone over you, you get a private parking space right outside your door, and most of them have private splash pools.

We always rent through the Windsor Palms owners site which is:
http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote