DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
oshun
A face without freckles, is like a sky with no stars

Question Resale DVC Purchase

Our friends where at Disney last week and met with a DVC Salesperson. They weren't sure if they are ready to buy or how many points they wanted, so did not jump on purchasing through them. I mentioned a resale, which is how we got our OKW DVC. We also had owned through Disney at BCV, but sold this. Our friend said the salespersons from Disney told him that if they bought a resale, they could only use their points at that specific resort and could not stay anywhere else. The salesperson said this was a new rule. I have never heard or read anything stating this. I told him I would post something on this forum. I think the salesperson just didn't want to loose the sale so gave him false information. Am I correct or has anyone else read or heard of such new rules?
Beach Club Villas, Beach Club Resort, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (Tower & Grdn), Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, & All Star Music, Villas of Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort, Next Trip BAY LAKE TOWER
Hard Rock Hotel & Royal Pacific

DVC Members.
Have been so many times that we lost count...LOL
oshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshun
Our friends where at Disney last week and met with a DVC Salesperson. They weren't sure if they are ready to buy or how many points they wanted, so did not jump on purchasing through them. I mentioned a resale, which is how we got our OKW DVC. We also had owned through Disney at BCV, but sold this. Our friend said the salespersons from Disney told him that if they bought a resale, they could only use their points at that specific resort and could not stay anywhere else. The salesperson said this was a new rule. I have never heard or read anything stating this. I told him I would post something on this forum. I think the salesperson just didn't want to loose the sale so gave him false information. Am I correct or has anyone else read or heard of such new rules?
No rule at this time. I would call DVC membership to let them know this salesperson is reporting this.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Not true.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
oshun
A face without freckles, is like a sky with no stars

I didn't think it was true, but told our friend we would put this posting up to check. Since it was coming from a DVC salesperson and Disney is usually so professional, has high standards, and is usually giving true information, I was confused. I will tell him to call and report this salesperson for false information. Thanks!
Beach Club Villas, Beach Club Resort, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (Tower & Grdn), Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, & All Star Music, Villas of Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort, Next Trip BAY LAKE TOWER
Hard Rock Hotel & Royal Pacific

DVC Members.
Have been so many times that we lost count...LOL
oshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

This isn't the first time someone has posted that they were told that by a DVC "guide".It has amazed me ,and quite frankly disappointed me that some are blatantly lying.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
This isn't the first time someone has posted that they were told that by a DVC "guide".It has amazed me ,and quite frankly disappointed me that some are blatantly lying.
Keep in mind that this "quote" is something that a friend told the OP that a DVC salesperson told him. I'm not questioning anybody's credibility here, but I am saying that even when we hear things directly it's not always 100% accurate. The fact that this information passed through a few people does make me question whether or not this is just a miscommunication.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: