Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

*Tiger Lily & Cubbie Bear's Travels*A DISboards Couple Honeymoon*Day 6*Updated 1/11

Hello everyone over here in Trip Report World! We mostly have lived in the Weddings and Honeymoons boards for the past year as we planned our super duper magical Disney wedding. However, we originated on these boards individually and came to find one another via the Adults and Singles board. There definitely is Disney magic out there even when you are not in the parks.

My name is Teresa and I am a Star Wars/Geek World & Disney blogger & podcaster. I have been doing that for the past 2 years as well as having a job that actually pays my bills. For my traveling entertainment though I love to go to Disney World. However, my ability to go to Disney World was grown leaps and bounds now that I am with my husband. He is the reason I get to go so often and I am truly blessed for that. I am a Disney fanatic and have been since I was a wee one. I have chronicled our trips and our wedding over on the wedding boards and you can find a link to all our pre wedding trips and the wedding in my signature. I have decided to bring our honeymoon trip to you guys because it was 2 1/2 weeks and we did a lot of Disney. It was amazing all the restaurants we ate at and the resorts we stayed at. I figured the best place to share it outside of the wedding boards was here with you.

This would be me! I am the Tigerlily from the title

Greg is a brilliant business man with a little bit of a Disney Parks geek inside. He does love his Disney but he really loves the escape of Disney world. Greg is a big foodie so going to Disney is great for us because we get to eat a lot of different kinds of foods. Greg can be a very big romantic and when he does choose to do it, it is always very awesome! He is a great cook which is good since I am not so good at that kind of thing.

Greg makes up the Cubbie Bear in the title

Now that I have introduced you to us let me give you the condensed version of our story!

We originally met on the DISboards in May of 2011 we both had solo trips planned for the first few days of June 2011. We decided to meet up while we were there. We spoke every day up until we met at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends. We hung out that day and had dinner and then went about our own business. We hung out a day later and had what we refer to as our official first date at Narcoossee's followed by an evening at the Magic Kingdom watching wishes and riding rides. A month later Greg would come to visit me in Texas and in August of 2011 he officially moved from Illinois to Texas. In October of 2011 we went to Disney to celebrate our love and also Magic Kingdom's 40th anniversary. It was on this very day that Greg would propose.

This was our first picture after becoming engaged!

We decided to get married on the day we started dating exactly 1 year later. So on July 1st, 2012 we tied the knot at Disney World with a small group of our friends and family. As I said before I have written up the entire wedding trip report and you can follow it via the link in my signature to the planning journal. The index on the first post will give you a table to find the posts you would want to read for the wedding trip report.

We are very happily married now and would love to share with you our honeymoon....

~Teresa (Tiger Lily) & Greg (Cubbie Bear)

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite

Last edited by Icecoldpenguin; 01-11-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'll be following along... can't wait to hear all about your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Icecoldpenguin

Day 1: The Day of Tears/Laughs and Smiles

Now that the wedding has been wrapped up it is time to tell the story of our amazing honeymoon. This is more of your normal trip report with some pictures and definitely some fun stories. To start it off I am actually ending the wedding and family portion because we had a farewell breakfast that next day. Let me just say that going to the parks with family is something I have NEVER done until this trip and man is it difficult. I am not sure that I really like it......

I know that is crazy but before this trip I had really only ever been by myself or with my now husband so it is really weird....and hard to manage. The whole vibe of our honeymoon was very fun and we just relaxed. I think you guys will love following along.

***************Honeymoon Day 1: The day of tears/laughs and smiles************

July 2nd, 2012

We had to wake up early because we were all checking out of Old Key West. This would be the first move for Greg and I as we transferred to Saratoga Springs. We had an early reservation at Ohana with us and the entire wedding guest list. Not everyone came but they were invited. Upon getting there we tried to locate everyone and get them all together. It was like herding cats because everyone wanted to wander around. We ended up having less people than we had a reservation for and they did not charge us for it because we did show up for the ADR.

Disbride Mandi and her Fiance Steve

We had a lot of fun at breakfast most everyone enjoyed the food and they enjoyed seeing the characters. My grandpa and I even jumped in the parade. My youngest nephew carried around a stitch the whole trip but when it was time to meet him he freaked out!

getting scared!

Parade Dancing

Disbride Michelle and Mickey

Once breakfast was over we all made our way out and said goodbye to most people. A lot of people were going home at this point and some were going to the parks. My brother and youngest nephew were going home so we said bye to them and that took a little while. Greg's family headed into MK and would meet us later. We eventually got through all the thank you's and the goodbyes and rode the resort monorail to MK and oh goodness it was packed!

Greg tried to contact his family so while he did that we all went to the Hall of Presidents. My grandparents were with us and they can't walk too much so I was going for rides that would be shorter waits. They really enjoyed it as we are a pretty political family and then Greg got a hold of his family. Up to this point he had not spent that much time with them in the parks and I think it caused him some stress. Not only that but we were both exhausted from the wedding and really could have used more sleep. All of this combined caused us to get into our first fight as a married couple to the point we both went our separate ways and did thins with our own families instead of everyone together.

So I took my family on Pirates because the wait was not too bad and my grandparents and mom love the pirate movies. After that we went and did the Laugh floor because I knew they would think it was funny. I would have loved to have done more than this but the waits were just too long and I had to be aware that my group ranged from 11 to 77. Everyone wanted to eat ice cream so we stopped and grabbed some and luckily found a place to eat. We made sure to take some photopass pictures!

Greg and I had agreed through text (while the argument was happening) to meet at a certain time I think it was like 1 or 1:30pm. My family needed to leave to go check in to Coronado and get something to eat as they were hungry. So once I walked my family out and said my goodbyes I of course started crying because my first day of being married and getting to take my grandparents for the first time to the magic kingdom had been less than stellar....

While I waited for Greg I went and got my sorcerer's of the magic kingdom cards for the day and bought some vinyls. He finally showed and I just started crying again partially because I was so upset that we got into a fight and partially because I was tired, stressed and in a bad mood. He apologized and so did I and he really did not want me crying in magic kingdom...I kind of felt bad that I may have made him feel bad. We got everything sorted and then we left MK to head to Saratoga Springs. It was time to check in to our new resort and officially start our honeymoon.

On the ride there we had no idea where to get off as we had never been there so we ended up riding the bus full circle back to MK and then back to SSR Our bags had already shown up from the transfer service we checked in and I really liked our room.I completely forgot to take pictures of the room for everyone here on the DIS. We decided we would find a place to eat on resort property so we ate at the Turf Club Bar and Grill. I actually really liked it. They also gave me cool blinky lights one that is Tinkerbell and one that was Lightning McQueen they clip on to your shirt/lanyard or whatever. They are the toys they give the kids but because of our Just Married buttons they gave them to us I guess. We did a little walking around DTD as we love it there and then we realized we needed to get some important papers to my mom at Coronado. So we found our way over there and did a little bit of shopping with some picture taking fun involved!

Burrito the pin trading donkey pinata!

We said goodbye to my mom and nephew and my grandparents and headed back to SSR. As you can imagine we were pretty tired.....Sleep!

***I DO NOT recommend trying to do MK close to a holiday the day after your wedding when you have been going non-stop with wedding stuff for 4 days before.*****That is my Disclaimer

Coming up: Day 2 Bridal Portraits!!

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Icecoldpenguin

Day 2: Getting Back into that Dress

uly 3rd, 2012

This was the day of our Bridal Portraits. We had to start getting ready kind of early because Laine from Beaute was coming to do my hair and makeup again. When I woke up in the morning I realized that my mom had my bridal jewelry and she was all the way over at Coronado Springs. Since I had to start getting my hair and makeup done Greg found his way over to CSR to get my jewelry and he managed to get back in plenty of time to get dressed for the pictures. Laine got my hair and makeup done again and she made it look virtually the same as the wedding day. She was great to chat with and I loved all the time I got to spend with her.

Randy showed up and came to our room. He took some pictures of us getting ready and of Greg helping me with my dress and jewelry.

Once we were all ready it was time to go. We did some quick shots at Saratoga Springs then we hoped in Randy's truck and we were off. Our pictures took place at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Art of Animation. Many of them are available via my photobucket or on Facebook. I am going to put a few of my favorites from each location for you to see.

Saratoga Springs:

Polynesian:

More to come from the Contemporary, AoA and what else we did that day!

TRIPS:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Icecoldpenguin

Day 2: Getting Back into that Dress- Contemporary

We move on from the Polynesian to the Contemporary....

This is where we got engaged so this spot is very special to us!

Next Up Art Of Animation....

TRIPS:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Icecoldpenguin

Day 2: Getting Back into that Dress- Art Of Animation

We wanted to go take pictures at the new resort because of how much I love Cars the movie. The lion king and little mermaid sections were not done and we chose to stay away from Nemo because of the water and crowds. Our cars pictures are some of my favorite pictures. I will put up one picture with each of the cars if you want to see more message me and I will give you the links to the albums on photobucket.

The front of the Resort:

Cars Wing:

Doc Hudson

Cruising Down the Street

Ramone

Luigi and Guido

Fillmore

Wheel Well Motel

Lightning McQueen & Sally

Sarge

Mater

Flo:

Sheriff

Lobby of Art of Animation

More for Day 2...Magic Kingdom and 4th of July Fireworks

TRIPS:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Icecoldpenguin

Day 2: No More Wedding!

It was a relief to finally be done with the bridal portraits and wedding. This meant that now it was time for us to just enjoy being together and being married.

It was really hot and we were so exhausted from the shoot that we got out of our wedding gear and Greg laid down for a nap. I took my hair out and just got online for a while. It was nice to just relax.

Once we were refreshed we headed out to MK for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern as well as the 4th of July fireworks. We got there early and they were slammed busy so we went over to frontierland and picked up a mickey mouse head pretzel and some mustard. We went over by the shooting arcade and made ourselves comfortable to eat our pretzel.

I am pretty obsessed with these now!

I was also very excited about my hair because after all that was done to it for the shoot it looked super cool down!

After we ate our pretzel we still had some time so we went and saw the Country Bear Jamboree.....that was the first time I had ever seen it and Oh My Goodness...what in the world!

We finally went to get our table at Liberty Tree and man the food was amazing! It is a crap ton of food but it was all very tasty and I really enjoyed it.

While we were eating it started POURING RAIN! I mean pouring rain! This was not the normal middle of the day storm....nooooo it was an evenin downpour. There was no way for us to avoid it because the rain just kept coming down so when we left the restaurant we had to get to a shop to get a shopping bag to cover my camera. I also went and bought a cute hat I had seen to keep my hair from going to frizz central.

Then we waited in the middle of mainstreet for almost 2 hours for the fireworks. They kept getting delayed because of the weather and it seemed like they would never ever start! So many guests were in crabby moods. They were irritated because they wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks, they were mad because it was not raining anymore and what was wrong with disney, their kids were tired and they needed to leave but mainstreet was packed and they couldn't get through. Greg and I just stayed cheery and took pictures!

The fireworks finally started and they were pretty cool. You had the fireworks in front of you over the castle and then behind you coming from the 7 seas lagoon. So it was a pretty immersive experience. I still like Hallowishes best. I will get to see the New Year's fireworks this year and then i can rank all the special fireworks shows at MK.

After the fireworks we decided it was time for us to ride our first ride as a married couple. We talked about it for a while trying to figure out what ride would be the best one. We ultimately settled on Dumbo. It was great to ride it and I am glad we took pictures.

Our Dumbo!

After riding Dumbo we rode the Barnstormer which I had never been on even before it was re-done and I had a great time. We grabbed some popcorn our favorite snack at Disney and we did some people watching. We decided to get in one more ride so we headed to Tomorrowland for Buzz. After we rode Buzz it was time to head back to SSR and get some shut eye.

We had such a wonderful time together even with the rain. MK is still not my favorite park but....I am starting to love it more and more.

Teresa

Coming Up: A Rainy 4th of July!

TRIPS:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
Icecoldpenguin

Day 3: A Washed out Independence Day

July 4th, 2012

This morning we took it really easy. We decided it was time to relax, do some laundry and just be lazy. We really wanted to be able to enjoy our resorts this trip and use the pool areas. So we went to the Paddock Pool which is where the laundry facilities were and we ate breakfast from the pool bar while we did laundry. Once our laundry was done we headed back to the pool for a while to sunbathe and play on the water slide. I really liked their slide.

Our plan had been to do the 4th at Epcot since we had seen the 4th of July magic kingdom fireworks the night before. We got changed and headed out to Epcot. It began raining as we got there so we waited for a while before going into the park and the rain just kept coming down. It really was not showing any signs of stopping. We were able to buy an umbrella though as we both don't like ponchos. We got on spaceship earth hoping by the time we got out the rain might have subsided.

We walked over to the land pavillion to eat lunch and cancel our ADR for the garden grill that night. We just decided due to the rain we wanted to head back to Saratoga Springs because if the rain did not let up we could be waiting a long time for illuminations. We decide to ride the land ride while we were there since we had never done it before...that was interesting and very informative!

From there it was time to leave rainy drenched Epcot I do have to admit I was kind of sad I had wanted to meet some 4th of July characters!

Once we got back we decided that this rainy evening would be a great evening to watch our first movie as a married couple. We headed to Downtown Disney to watch Brave at the AMC. We absolutely loved it and enjoyed the food. We have a theatre similar to that back home so it was nice to get a meal with our movie.

After the movie we headed back to our hotel and it was time for sleep! We would be switching resorts the next day!

Coming Up: Wilderness lodge, boats, new UK friends and more!

TRIPS:
Old 10-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

I'm here hunny!!! Keep going, I'm reading!! I have been wanting to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern and we can never get into it! One day, sigh! Gah, I'm so torn between a Disneymoon and St. Lucia!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

* Love the Ohana breakfast pics! You and your grandpa in the parade is just too adorable! And I love your nephew with stitch.
* Aww, all the stress of the wedding and everything going on is definitely hard. I know I was exhausted after we got married and couldn't have imagined being in the parks so soon trying to do so much with so many people!
* I love your resort pics!! The ones at the Poly I especially like. And the ones with your simba, so cute! But I think the AoA ones are my favorite, they are so fun!
* Hahaha your reaction to the Country Bear Jamboree! Did I ever tell you my country bear story? When we were little in Disney for the first time, someone told my Dad that was the not to be missed show. So we get to MK for the first time, and after the opening show get into the crowd to begin the "race" to the attractions. We get off for the country bears and everyone else keeps going past us to Splash Mountain. Even as little kids our reaction was, "What the heck?" We still tease my dad about it to this day
* The hat you ended up buying is super cute... not only that, it goes with your wedding colors, so it totally matches your make up and nails!
* The fireworks sounds awesome... I've only ever seen the typical Wishes, I've never been for a special holiday or event! I'll look forward to your ranking... sounds like a good blog post idea!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
I'm here hunny!!! Keep going, I'm reading!! I have been wanting to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern and we can never get into it! One day, sigh! Gah, I'm so torn between a Disneymoon and St. Lucia!!!
Thanks for coming along! I love the food at Liberty Tree it just makes me feel good...I would have to vote Disneymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
* Love the Ohana breakfast pics! You and your grandpa in the parade is just too adorable! And I love your nephew with stitch.
* Aww, all the stress of the wedding and everything going on is definitely hard. I know I was exhausted after we got married and couldn't have imagined being in the parks so soon trying to do so much with so many people!
* I love your resort pics!! The ones at the Poly I especially like. And the ones with your simba, so cute! But I think the AoA ones are my favorite, they are so fun!
* Hahaha your reaction to the Country Bear Jamboree! Did I ever tell you my country bear story? When we were little in Disney for the first time, someone told my Dad that was the not to be missed show. So we get to MK for the first time, and after the opening show get into the crowd to begin the "race" to the attractions. We get off for the country bears and everyone else keeps going past us to Splash Mountain. Even as little kids our reaction was, "What the heck?" We still tease my dad about it to this day
* The hat you ended up buying is super cute... not only that, it goes with your wedding colors, so it totally matches your make up and nails!
* The fireworks sounds awesome... I've only ever seen the typical Wishes, I've never been for a special holiday or event! I'll look forward to your ranking... sounds like a good blog post idea!
You have to see some of the events versions of wishes! yes I had heard your country bear story it still makes me laugh!I like the hat because the bill is short and it does feel nice on my head...it is not too big. Hope you enjoy the story.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

i just love the pictures of you in your dress at disney. i especially loved the one with the monorail.

beautiful....
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
i just love the pictures of you in your dress at disney. i especially loved the one with the monorail.

beautiful....
Thank you so much waiting for the monorail was fun and people would wave from the windows

TRIPS:
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 1: A very busy Hollywood Studios

July 5th, 2012

It was time to switch resorts for the 3rd time on this trip. What did this mean? Well it means I made a breakfast ADR early so we had to get up early and move out. I am sure my husband loved the fact that I kept doing that to him.

First things first BREAKFAST! Not just any breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast. This is not my favorite character breakfast but I do rather enjoy it and I have never had a bad meal. The character interaction however, well that is always so-so I think mainly because it is so kid focused. This time however we were blessed with some pixie dust! as they brought us 2 mickey cupcakes. It was a little weird to eat cupcakes at breakfast but you can bet I did it anyway.

They are always so simple but they are just so yummy!

I do love my characters and DH supports me in that endeavor so we never minds meeting them and taking pictures. We have gone to Chef Mickey's a few times now but we always love going because we get to interact with Donald, Greg's favorite character besides Brer Rabbit.

Once we left Chef Mickey's is was to to head out to Hollywood Studios. It was still busy in the parks I blame that on the holiday and that it was summer time at Disney. When we got there we had to take photopass pictures! We always take photopass pictures and especially for this trip we pre-purchased the CD. We have not always done this however so this was a new experience for us. What made it so neat for us was knowing we were going to get all the pictures we wanted we made a conscious effort to take as many photopass pictures as possible.

We had to ride Rock n Roller Coaster first! Greg loves this time and one time in off season he rode it 22 times in a row! Now I would never do that but never the less he loves the ride! The best part was trying to entertain ourselves while we waited for about 30 min. I think this guy had a great idea! Don't you?

After Rock n roller coaster we headed to Tower of Terror. I absolutely love this ride. I love creepy stuff and this ride has just enough creep without being scary. I had to take some artsy pictures first as one of the things I wanted to do was take pictures of our Bride and Groom vinyls in random places. In addition to that I just love photography and I like trying to get good shots at Disney.

While we were on the ride the cast member said something special to acknowledge our marriage. I can't remember now exactly what it was but it was something about not dying so soon!

Now it was time to go to my 2nd favorite part of the Studios...the animation building. I love it there! One of the most fun things to do is Draw and I really love getting new characters. This time around we got to draw Tigger so that was a first for me. What do you guys think?

Teresa's Tigger

Greg's Tigger

This was pretty fun to do! I also forgot that a very nice cast member stopped and asked if we wanted a picture with the Hollywood Studios sign. It is hard sometimes to get pictures of both of us and he insisted we have one so we obliged the Cast Member and I think he did a good job.

The lines were really long so we were trying to find stuff to do that would not take forever! I had never been in One Man's Dream so we went and walked around in there for a while. We actually found some pretty neat things and I rather enjoyed it the quiet.

I love the 3 Caballeros!

As we walked around the streets of america area I saw the Singing in the Rain umbrella which I had never taken a picture with so that was a must!

We finally had gotten hungry again and made a mad rush for pizza planet! I love toy story and I always forget pizza planet is there but not this time! After a late lunch we made our way over to Star Tours, my absolute favorite ride, but the lines were just far too long. I settled for a photopass picture on the speederbike since there was a photopass person there. I really wish they had a star wars magic shot.

Continues on in the next post!

TRIPS:
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

* yay, cupcakes for breakfast!!
* I agree on the photopass - we pre-ordered the CD too and made sure to get as many pics as possible!
* I like what you said about ToT. How it's creepy without being scary. I totally agree, and I love that about ToT, but unfortunately the actual ride itself is difficult for me to handle. That feeling I get in my stomach is not something I enjoy.
* Your tigger drawing came out great!
* I've never gotten a pic with that umbrella either, I'll have to track it down in February and get that shot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: