Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Huntfamily10
Earning My Ears

Cruise out of Miami

Good evening everyone! We just got back from the cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream! We LOVED the cruise, it was our first cruise ever. We want to go on the Caribbean Cruise, but I have concerns. Can anyone tell me about Cozumel? Would u get off the boat? Is it safe? Is it clean? We got off in Nassau and quickly retreated back to the boat.
Huntfamily10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

It is safe, but they are also in your face to buy from them. Taxi usually drops you off at the end of the shopping area and you can walk the shops. A lot of jewelry stores as well. You will need to taxi back, too far of a walk. Try an excursion you may like that better.
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Although our stops in Cozumel were on Carnival and not on Disney, where the ship docks is a port village. there is a Duty Free shop and then a village with shops that sell all kinds of things. The village is only accessible to the people who work there and the cruise ship guests, so i was not apprehensive about going off the ship.
We did NOT leave the port village. We have been there twice and did shore excursions both times as well.
THe first time was the Mayan Ruins of Tulum which is on the mainland and is a busride. We didn't experience any problems on that excursion or the other one which was a boatride to Isla Passion, which is a beautiful island beach that they film the Corona beer commercials.

Hope this helps.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Huntfamily10
Earning My Ears

Thank you! One more question, were there beaches worth going to close by? We wanted the kids to play around in the sand in Nassau, but there was so much glass IN the water and sand we thought it was best to go back on the ship. After stopping at Castaway Cay, I don't think anything else can compare.
Huntfamily10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: