Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

Sanibel island

Can I ask this question here?
We just got back from WDW, and I'm already planning our next trip.
This time I want to try something different. We are gonna try to do sea world/dolphin stuff. Probably only do 2 days at WDW.
But I also want to go to Sanibel island and stay beachfront for a few days.....kind of a vacation after our vacation.
Can anyone recommend a great beach front place. Or a great quiet shallow beach for kids. Any other info about the island would be much appreciated.
Thank you
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Do you have $$$$ to spend? If so, I hear that the South Seas Resort on Captiva is awesome. *We have friends who stay there)
Tween Waters Inn on Captiva is good too.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndik1111 View Post
Can I ask this question here?
We just got back from WDW, and I'm already planning our next trip.
This time I want to try something different. We are gonna try to do sea world/dolphin stuff. Probably only do 2 days at WDW.
But I also want to go to Sanibel island and stay beachfront for a few days.....kind of a vacation after our vacation.
Can anyone recommend a great beach front place. Or a great quiet shallow beach for kids. Any other info about the island would be much appreciated.
Thank you
I love Sanibel/Captiva!! We spent a month on Sanibel last January and have been vacationing there for over 30 years. There's 100's of rental houses, condos, cottages on VRBO.com that are on the beach. The shelling and wildlife is fantastic!

South Seas IS lovely; however, they've priced themselves out of my market when they rebuilt (and raised rates!!) after the hurricane several years ago.
They used to have fantastic specials!
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
swilshire
DIS Veteran

We also liked South Seas. Sanibel Beach Club II is another resort we have visited there and liked.

Just be aware that Sanibel doesn't have the quiet shallow beaches you'll find farther up the coast. The beaches from Siesta Key to Clearwater are much more kid friendly. Sanibel can be pretty rough.

There also isn't a lot to do on Sanibel with kids, other than the Ding Darling natural area. If part of the vacation is in WDW, I'd stay farther north. It will be much more budget friendly, as well.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
a82allison
DIS Veteran

We stayed in SeaShells at Sanibel this past summer - was a great location and the condo was nice. It is not beachfront, you have to walk across the street to the beach.
Sanibel was tons of fun.

October 2008 - Pop 90's May 2008 - Pop 70's Before 2008 - couple trips to Disney, all off-site
a82allison is offline   Reply With Quote