Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #136
StramMom
Earning My Ears

I am thinking of separating the families and putting the first half of families in 1 group and the second half of families in the other. With 15 or so families, it might be a bit too busy to gift 5-6 times a day. What does everyone else think? It would save time and money but this is my first time so I'm not sure what a normal load would be.
StramMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #137
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

I'm cool with splitting. If we can decide tonight that would be even better. I need to finish this weekend. We are leaving on the 18th to head down. We are doing a few days on the darkside and some days in the parks too.

Thanks for doing all this Margaret! You are awesome!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #138
StramMom
Earning My Ears

I can't do it tonight. I am at a hotel room with my family because of the ice storm and my hubby's job. I only have my smartphone here. No computer. It's saved at home on an Excel Spreadsheet. I promise I will send by tomorrow mid afternoon!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #139
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StramMom View Post
I can't do it tonight. I am at a hotel room with my family because of the ice storm and my hubby's job. I only have my smartphone here. No computer. It's saved at home on an Excel Spreadsheet. I promise I will send by tomorrow mid afternoon!
No worries.

Did you get it bad with the ice storm? It spot ice here for a little bit, but changed over to snow fairly quickly. I can't wait to be on the cruise and out if this weather!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #140
StramMom
Earning My Ears

Weather

Ugh! It was 75 on Thursday and sleeting on Friday! Arkansas weather!! After much sliding around in the car, we are back home!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #141
StramMom
Earning My Ears

Removal families

So, since we have not heard from NHshorty and Pryclssjen in 3-4 months, I will remove them from the FE list. I have also included them in the private messages and have not heard any response or updates. I hate to make big executive decisions like this without consulting the rest of the group, but, it seems like a good idea. Just a few more minutes and I'll send the final list.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #142
StramMom
Earning My Ears

So, there are 8 families in Group 1 and 6 families in Group 2. Group 2 has some "bigger" families so it looks pretty even/fair. We will probably gift to all in my group and most in the other group because my kids like making the little gifts plus I think I over-bought/over-made some gifts! LOL! It's so exciting!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #143
StramMom
Earning My Ears

OMG! I just realized that I forgot to change the numbers when I deleted the 2 families! Ugh! Ok, so there are 6 families in Group 1 and 6 families in Group 2. I may move someone over to the Group 1 side, to keep it more even.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #144
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StramMom View Post
OMG! I just realized that I forgot to change the numbers when I deleted the 2 families! Ugh! Ok, so there are 6 families in Group 1 and 6 families in Group 2. I may move someone over to the Group 1 side, to keep it more even.
Whatever you think is best! I am good with whatever you think. I would have forgot to re-number too! Just think, soon we will be sailing away and there will be no more worries.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #145
sapereaude
Mouseketeer

Hi, i'm princessmocha's SIL. Thought I would check in since we are participating in the FE group. I normally would be on the DIS boards going crazy planning the trip, but I'm battling chronic Lyme disease and the fatigue has sapped all my energy. Thank goodness princessmocha is planning it all for us!

No way I can manage to make a FE, but I ordered one from someone on Etsy. I didn't want my kids to miss out because I'm ill.
sapereaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #146
NHshorty
Earning My Ears

Sorry for the lack of response....have been crazy busy with work. We were going to pass on participating for the FEs this cruise. It's so short and there's so much to do to get ready for the holidays.
NHshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #147
TheLeBlanc
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Hi there everyone,

I feel so bad to have StramMom do some extra work….
Unfortunately, we will also need to drop out of the FE… We are all super excited for our upcoming vacation but due to illness in my family, my life/time has been a bit consumed by it. (father recently diagnosed with lung cancer!)
I don't even have a FE yet and ordering from etsy will not get here before we leave…
I'm sorry to everyone but do hope to meet some of you when we get aboard!
Happy gifting!
TheLeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #148
sjhuddl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeBlanc View Post
Hi there everyone,

Unfortunately, we will also need to drop out of the FE… We are all super excited for our upcoming vacation but due to illness in my family, my life/time has been a bit consumed by it. (father recently diagnosed with lung cancer!)
I don't even have a FE yet and ordering from etsy will not get here before we leave…
Happy gifting!
So sorry to hear. I have endured a similar situation earlier this year.
God bless you as you take care of you and yours.
I hope the cruise brings you some rest and magical fun!
sjhuddl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #149
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeBlanc View Post
Hi there everyone,

Happy gifting!
I am so sorry to hear about your father . . . Hang in there and I hope that you are able to have a relaxing trip.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #150
StramMom
Earning My Ears

More updates

I have TheLeBlanc removed from the FE list. Also, please disregard the last 5 lines on LAPIG (DW, DD (5), DGP, DGM, D Sister and Family). I must have combined a family at some point during the shuffle......

Tags
december 26 2013, disney dream cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: