Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

AS Movies or POFQ????? Convince me...

I have asked a similar question once before but DH and I are waffleing back & forth..can't make a simple decision . So, here are the facts; please convince us one way or the other.. We've gone a bunch of times with DD10 and always stayed at AS resorts. Doing free dining with bounceback, so it would only cost 426 more to stay at POFQ (12 nights DDP), cause we're already paying 650 to upgrade to reg DP at AS Movies. We don't do the pool thing, probably will eat at food court but not at Boatwrights or whatever the onsite restaurant is. I like the bigger beds cause one of us will have to share with DD10. Also like idea of boat to DTD. Is the walk to parking lot/bus stop/food court much less than AS Movies and is the wait for the bus much better, since the resort is smaller? Thing is, we don't want to spend an extra 426 just to have a slightly bigger space to sleep...we're kind of cheap that way... Please help us decide cause I'm getting a little OCD over it . Going in August, standard room either resort.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

For your style of vacation, I don't think I would spend the extra money.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Pembo
OH-IO

12 days in summer - you might use the pool and POFQ has a great pool slide. The resort is smaller and easy to get around. The boat to DTD is great. The walk to the bus stop is always by the food court so easy to fill up those refillable mugs. And the queen beds are a bonus.

Plus you can easily walk over to POR for a change of food court, pools, and scenery.

I've stayed at AS Movies and both POR and POFQ. Imho-the mods are more themed and I felt more relaxed.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Oh well...just called..all moderates/deluxes booked up

Guess my decision has been made for me. Will try back tomorrow to double check in case CM was wrong.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn View Post
Guess my decision has been made for me. Will try back tomorrow to double check in case CM was wrong.
I find it hard to believe that all mods and deluxes are all booked for August already. I would call back and speak with someone else.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

It would be very, very surprising if all the rooms were booked for when you are going, unless they meant all the rooms for that offer were booked... That is a possibility I suppose however I have stayed at FQ 3 or 4 times and I love it. The decor is much more subdued then any AS and the feel is quaint. And as mentioned in the past posts the walks are very short and the boats to DTD are really nice and relaxing
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn View Post
You need to tell the cm the promo expired and you need to ask for guest services. But we are in the same situation we are going for 14 nights with the Free QSDP but dd wants to eat in the castle. So the figures are about the same as yours. We do use the pool. But I'm cheap as well. We are thinking POR as well.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
joshiesdad
Mouseketeer

We have done the All Stars and recently POFQ. If we have the money we will chose POFQ every time. The size was so nice. No long walks. everything is so close. The bus was qucik and easy and if shared with Riverside that day you are the first to be picked up. The boat to downtown is great. The queen beds and two sinks are a bonus and you get a fridge too. You have the bonus of using the Riverside amenities as well. To me if the money is affordable there is no question. But you may feel different.
joshiesdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: