Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveDisney View Post
This kind of makes me want to fly less. If they hate the passengers so much, they should have chosen another career.
I found the article funny.

You can love the career and not all aspects of it.

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have zero attitude when I'm on a plane. I'm always very respectful of the flight attendants when I fly and I never ask for much. I understand that they deal with rudeness from people everyday and they should get paid fairly. I think giving passengers decaf when they asked for regular to make them sleep quicker is childish, with all that said.

Are you aware that those 17 points were written by one person and not all flight attendants?
I've never heard of most of the stuff that's written in the article but worked as a FA for 13 years.
Don't believe everything you read in a paper.
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

I find these "17 things your x won't tell you" things usually are written by one person and don't represent the whole group. Just like any job, there are bad apples that make it hard for the good apples. A customer deals with a bad apple and they think all the apples are bad. When you work customer service. 1 person in a 1,000 may make you feel absolutely terrible about yourself but the other 999 don't and are nice, decent human beings. I've had great experiences with flight attendants. I'm sure 99% like their job most of the time. No one likes their job every hour they work. I take these lists with a grain of salt.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi

Are you aware that those 17 points were written by one person and not all flight attendants?
I've never heard of most of the stuff that's written in the article but worked as a FA for 13 years.
Don't believe everything you read in a paper.
I don't. I know that it was written by just one flight attendant. I'm not that dense. I think it's childish behavior by that one flight attendant, that's all.

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
mimmi
DIS Veteran

So no reason to fly less
Old 12-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi
So no reason to fly less
I was exaggerating when I said that.

Me DM DF DSis DB
Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
This kind of makes me want to fly less. If they hate the passengers so much, they should have chosen another career.
Working with the public takes a special kind of person! I certainly couldn't do it. Last flight I was on the guy across the aisle was clipping his toe nails.. nasty NASTY and NASTY!!!!

Quote:
I have zero attitude when I'm on a plane. I'm always very respectful of the flight attendants when I fly and I never ask for much. I understand that they deal with rudeness from people everyday and they should get paid fairly. I think giving passengers decaf when they asked for regular to make them sleep quicker is childish, with all that said.
I actually had a flight attendant tell me that on long flights , in the morning, they make it extra strong so that they have an easier time getting people alert and ready to land LOL!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx

Working with the public takes a special kind of person! I certainly couldn't do it. Last flight I was on the guy across the aisle was clipping his toe nails.. nasty NASTY and NASTY!!!!

I actually had a flight attendant tell me that on long flights , in the morning, they make it extra strong so that they have an easier time getting people alert and ready to land LOL!
Ugh. Disgusting. Who does that on a plane? I mean, you couldn't have done that before you left? Ew. And yes, it does take a special kind of person.

That's interesting. Flight attendants like messing with coffee, apparently.

Me DM DF DSis DB
Old 12-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Ugh. Disgusting. Who does that on a plane? I mean, you couldn't have done that before you left? Ew. And yes, it does take a special kind of person.

That's interesting. Flight attendants like messing with coffee, apparently.
Grossest thing Id ever seen. And it was in business class too!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post

Yes, this has happened to us. DH on the aisle and a lady across the aisle who turned so that she can access her feet. Clipped away. How repulsive is that!!!?
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post

I don't know what it is with people and nails but last week a woman clipped her fingernails in the subway right next to me. I was always greatful when the weirdness didn't involve exposed genitals or bodily fluids but 99% of passengers are just regular people with regular manners, thankfully.

I had a colleague with a special coffe recipe which involved two kinds of coffee and cocoa, it was delicious everybody should fly with her.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
Robbi
DIS Veteran

4. If a flight is late, the airline might have to pay us overtime. If the flight is going to be late anyway, we've been known to delay it even further in order make sure overtime kicks in, which on our airline means up to double the hourly pay. We might find some minor defect in the aircraft or use some other ruse to make up for the money we don't get paid waiting for take off.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
4. If a flight is late, the airline might have to pay us overtime. If the flight is going to be late anyway, we've been known to delay it even further in order make sure overtime kicks in, which on our airline means up to double the hourly pay. We might find some minor defect in the aircraft or use some other ruse to make up for the money we don't get paid waiting for take off.
Doesn't that contradict point 3? How are they paid overtime when they are only paid when airborne?
We only got paid overtime when we exceeded a certain flight hours limit, which never occurred because of delays only of too many scheduled flights.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
Doesn't that contradict point 3? How are they paid overtime when they are only paid when airborne?
We only got paid overtime when we exceeded a certain flight hours limit, which never occurred because of delays only of too many scheduled flights.
Yes, it does contradict point 3.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #30
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

I don't know about #1. Recently I asked for decaf coffee on a flight and the attendant told me that their decaf is so vile that she strongly discouraged me from it.
Maybe she just didn't want to make me some....
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: