Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #136
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You tell Anakin that if we meet up in May, I wanna see those dance moves. I might even break out and do my Hammer Time moves for him.

Will you be allowed to take pictures during their practice time tonight? If so, please post them so we can see.
Actually, I was just typing an update that has some pictures from his December theater classes in it. One is a performance for the parents and another is a dress rehearsal. I'll post them. Not sure I can get pictures tonight. They try to keep as many distractions as they can out of practices.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #137
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Giggle Gang

Sometimes all you need is a laugh...Part 1

Our JJ, aka Anakin, is the most serious child you will ever meet. He thinks in black and white and there are very few things he finds funny. When dress rehearsals began some people were allowed to stay and watch. My son was very upset. I had to pull him aside to find out why he was about to have a meltdown.

People were laughing at him. He was insulted and was about to cry.

They needed him on stage. I had to think fast. I couldn't take the time to explain that they weren't laughing at him they were laughing with him. Because he wasn't laughing and he wouldn't be able to relate to that saying.

The other kids were coming to take him with them backstage. I told him really quickly that they were laughing because his character made them happy. That was all he needed to hear. He was good to go.

He discovered that HE is funny and he loves to bring a smile to people's faces. He discovered this first as Bob the Bear where he stole the show in a skit that the kids wrote. During the classes they learned about developing characters, plot, conflict, make up, the stage, etc. The end product was putting together all they learned into a skit for the parents. This was the dress rehearsal I had mentioned above.









Then there was the Christmas play for his special needs theater group. He was cast as Max the Grinch's dog. He had everyone in stitches. Especially when he lifted his leg which wasn't in the script. Oy, I shake my head. He was told to improvise and act like a dog, getting some suggestions from the student helpers.








Little by little we have been enjoying the shows at WDW. On Saturday, we headed to the MK for the sole purpose of seeing the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang.

We got to Main St and I took out my camera to take a picture of the Main St. Bakery closed. I snapped a picture. Nothing. The button wouldn't work. The camera wouldn't turn on. Then it hit me. I left the battery in the charger at home. Well, the camera phone was going to have to do.


I put the Nikon back in the back pack and there it stayed. We actually had a good laugh about it. Except for JJ. He couldn't understand why I wasn't upset. I told him if I didn't have the camera phone, then I'd be a little upset.

We had no idea other than somewhere near Dumbo to find the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang. So we headed that direction. Until we saw peak signs. Who can resist? Not us.



Are you curious too? Thought so...






















This is the area for the Mine Train.


We walked past Dumbo and right away saw some clowns setting up. We were here! We found it. I think they heard my shouts of joy. Not sure they've had too many people come to the park just to see them.



The children were instructed to use the buckets as seats. JJ already was in his w/c so he used his as a foot rest. It was nice they gave him one anyway.

The show started. He loved it. They asked if they were funny, and right away my Honest Abe shouted, "NO!" He got all the laughs. Then something happened and it got his funny bone. He laughed and laughed. He thought it was the funniest show he has ever seen.







Next thing I knew, he was being handed moroccos.

Look at the joy on the ladies face in the backround.





They started cleaning up the show, and the clown who gave him moroccos gave him a clown nose.




Our next stop was to get a snack, Storybook Circus Souvenirs is a great place for a treat!

[/CENTER]





[/CENTER]




snack continued...(we didn't get a snack here)





Last edited by lovethattink; 01-24-2013 at 01:39 PM.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #138
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Part 2

But instead we ended up at Gaston's




and checking out what was new








We played a round of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and headed home. The park was a bit crowded for the 3 day holiday.






















lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #139
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,951

love the photos from JJ's shows..... about him lifting his leg so wonderful he is able to do some improv too!

the Giggle Gang look like a lot of fun! did JJ get to keep the nose? great he was able to enjoy and laugh along!

so want one of those cupcakes....
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #140
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

How cute that JJ improvised during the play and lifted his leg like a dog. Funny stuff!

I am loving all of the pictures of the new Storybook Circus. The Giggle Gang sounds like something that John, yes I said John, would enjoy. He loves all that silly stuff.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #141
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love the photos from JJ's shows..... about him lifting his leg so wonderful he is able to do some improv too!

the Giggle Gang look like a lot of fun! did JJ get to keep the nose? great he was able to enjoy and laugh along!

so want one of those cupcakes....
Thanks! He's quite a character.

The Giggle Gang was a cute, funny show about cooperation and working together.

The marshmellows were speaking to me. I was seriously thinking of getting a reeses's pieces covered marshmello, but I was sure it was held together by chocolate so went with the cinnamon roll.

The menu at Gaston's changed a bit. They now have chocolate croissants too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How cute that JJ improvised during the play and lifted his leg like a dog. Funny stuff!

I am loving all of the pictures of the new Storybook Circus. The Giggle Gang sounds like something that John, yes I said John, would enjoy. He loves all that silly stuff.
He didn't improvise like that at any of the rehearsals or dress rehearsals. He did it for the first time the night OF the performance.

I'm sure John will enjoy it. It's good old fashioned slap stick humor.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #142
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

How funny with JJ and telling the clowns they weren't funny. Then them tickling his funny bone. It looks like he had fun!

Yummy hummus and chips!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #143
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!
 
WDWRids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 430

The Giggle Gang is so cool!! I can't wait to see the new areas. Sneak peak at the mine was really neat. From all I hear about the ride - it should be really good when finished.

The play pics were wonderful! JJ sure has found his niche. So glad he understands that he is funny and is having fun with it. Hip Hop should be interesting - at least it does have an element of individualization so he can add his freestyle moves in.

So sorry to hear bedtime is not a happy time for JJ. But glad to hear the new meds are helping and he is getting the seizure free rest he needs.

Working from home today on my certification work. We have winter mix coming our way so was glad it was already planned to be my day at home. Mostly sleet and ice which is far worse than snow. DH works in inclement weather so not sure if I will see him till in the am. How's the weather in FL?
__________________
Me and DH and our goofy dog
Several Childhood Trips at Fort Wilderness
2000 MK Day Trip, 2010 & 2011 Offsite, 2012 & 2013 Swan and Dolphin
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #144
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
How funny with JJ and telling the clowns they weren't funny. Then them tickling his funny bone. It looks like he had fun!

Yummy hummus and chips!
We have to be careful with his outbursts. Today at Olive Garden as soon as he walked in the door he let everyone now how bad he thought it smelled in there. I think it was the aroma of the salad dressing because he said it got stronger when we got our salad.

I like hummus and chips too. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
The Giggle Gang is so cool!! I can't wait to see the new areas. Sneak peak at the mine was really neat. From all I hear about the ride - it should be really good when finished.

The play pics were wonderful! JJ sure has found his niche. So glad he understands that he is funny and is having fun with it. Hip Hop should be interesting - at least it does have an element of individualization so he can add his freestyle moves in.

So sorry to hear bedtime is not a happy time for JJ. But glad to hear the new meds are helping and he is getting the seizure free rest he needs.

Working from home today on my certification work. We have winter mix coming our way so was glad it was already planned to be my day at home. Mostly sleet and ice which is far worse than snow. DH works in inclement weather so not sure if I will see him till in the am. How's the weather in FL?
All of the New Fantasyland has been fabulous.

We are glad he's found his niche too. Hiphop starts in February. Looks like I can take the class too. Free for him, not for me. Might help with the weight loss. I did Zumba years ago and lost weight and toned really quickly.

I hope your work from home day went well. Winter mix doesn't sound too pleasant though. Praying for safe travel for your husband in that wintry mix.

It's THE perfect park day today. Highs in the 70's. Couldn't ask for better weather.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #145
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

I am sorry but that tickled me. I would have been embarrassed if one of my kids had done it. I bet it was the dressing, sometimes I think that the vinegar doesn't blend well with the spices.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #146
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am sorry but that tickled me. I would have been embarrassed if one of my kids had done it. I bet it was the dressing, sometimes I think that the vinegar doesn't blend well with the spices.
I'm glad I made you smile today. Didn't expect you to post after the day you've had. I was embarrassed. We ignored it until we were seated and then we had a quiet discussion.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #147
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm glad I made you smile today. Didn't expect you to post after the day you've had. I was embarrassed. We ignored it until we were seated and then we had a quiet discussion.

Scotty was playing video games so I wanted to come on the boards real quick.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #148
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,465

JJ looks absolutely adorable in his play. What a cutie! I would love to have seen him with the giggle gang! The food pics made me want to eat...but it is 2 in the AM, so I better go to bed instead! Good Night!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #149
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!
 
WDWRids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 430

Good Sunday morning to you! Hope you've had a great weekend. I'm jealous of the temps you are having! Head to the parks any this weekend? Finally seeing sun today and the ice is melting. Streets were good yesterday so we got out for a bite to eat but have mostly stayed in and warm. Working outdoors in the ice Friday did a number on DH so he has been on his meds and sleeping in the recliner. Gotta do some organizing today.....my new years resolution. Today is my makeup drawer......yikes!

Have a great day!
__________________
Me and DH and our goofy dog
Several Childhood Trips at Fort Wilderness
2000 MK Day Trip, 2010 & 2011 Offsite, 2012 & 2013 Swan and Dolphin
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #150
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Scotty was playing video games so I wanted to come on the boards real quick.
I'm glad you took the time to stop by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
JJ looks absolutely adorable in his play. What a cutie! I would love to have seen him with the giggle gang! The food pics made me want to eat...but it is 2 in the AM, so I better go to bed instead! Good Night!
2AM?! You are such a night owl.

Thanks. Oh, he really enjoyed them.

I always want to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Good Sunday morning to you! Hope you've had a great weekend. I'm jealous of the temps you are having! Head to the parks any this weekend? Finally seeing sun today and the ice is melting. Streets were good yesterday so we got out for a bite to eat but have mostly stayed in and warm. Working outdoors in the ice Friday did a number on DH so he has been on his meds and sleeping in the recliner. Gotta do some organizing today.....my new years resolution. Today is my makeup drawer......yikes!

Have a great day!
Good morning, right back at ya.

Hurray for some sun! Always nice to get out for a bite to eat. Did you go somewhere special? Have you seen the WW online guides to eating out?

I hope dh feels better today. Did you hear anymore back from the review of his case? I know you said MRI showed worsening. (Sorry about that.) But what about the insurance company? Did they give the ok for surgery?

Good luck with the organizing. Today I'm on the hunt for JJ's music folder. We haven't seen it since before Christmas.

No parks this weekend. We did go out and see Legally Blonde the musical again last night. It was a fantastic performance. The lead is a performer at Disney too. JJ enjoyed watching his two teachers perform again. A few of the crew came up to him before and after the show to say hello to him. Actually the girl you see above in the white hugging him in the skit, is part of the crew and she came running up to him and picked him up in a hug. He certainly can't say he isn't loved and he's definately been accepted there.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: