Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

We were also on the recent PC cruise, and loved Cartagena. We are an older couple who have lived in major urban areas, and we took the Historical City tour through DCL, and we loved every minute of it. We walked for a long time, and it was very hot, but we thought the city to be very clean, and the people were friendly. The vendors are a bit pushy, but a simple "No", and walking away, worked just fine. We never felt unsafe, but we were on a guided tour, and I'm sure they think carefully about where to take tourists!

The prices did seem to be a bit higher here than in other places, and there didn't seem to be any room for haggling. I bought a nice leather wallet for a friend. I thought the price was a little high, but it was what I was within the range I wanted to spend, which wasn't very much ($25 - $40). I didn't look at anything like emeralds or gold.

Beth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: