DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Arrow Confirmed: DVC is getting a new leader

I liked Claire!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post47135775

Current DVC chief Claire Bilby heading to Paris to head sales and marketing for Disneyland Paris and Europe

Disney Vacation Club time-share business also getting new chief: Ken Potrock, who had been in charge of sports enterprises
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

Last edited by TagsMissy; 01-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.
TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
sgtdisney
DIS Veteran

Just got an email from Claire saying this is true, she is leaving for Disneyland Paris and Ken Potrock will succeed her at Disney Vacation Club as Senior Vice President and General Manager.
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Ln42
Mouseketeer

I just got the email as well. I think Claire has the ball rolling in the right direction. Let's hope the new leader can continue to enhance membership.

[ ]

'04 Polynesian'05 Poly...'06 Poly...'07 Poly...'07 Pop... '08 DCL Eastern Carribean... '09 AKV Jambo...'10 First Visit Home! AKV-K/BCV...'11 AKV-K..'12VWL/VERO/OKW..'13 AKV-K..'13 Aulani
Ln42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
detroitdad
Mouseketeer

Yep

Well she lasted all of 5 minutes...

Claire Bilby Message to Members

Dear Members,

I want to share an important Disney Vacation Club organizational announcement with you, our Member families.

As Disney continues to identify ways to deliver the best-possible vacation experiences, the company is providing new growth opportunities for members of the leadership team. In this case, Disney is giving me the opportunity to lead the Sales and Marketing organization at Disneyland Paris, leveraging my depth of international sales experience.

I am thrilled about this new opportunity, which begins February 1, and also deeply proud of the great work our team has done over the past couple of years at Disney Vacation Club. The team has accomplished so much and truly elevated the benefits, perks and experiences we provide to our Members.

You will be pleased to learn that longtime Disney leader Ken Potrock is succeeding me at Disney Vacation Club as Senior Vice President and General Manager. I can tell you that you're in great hands with Ken. He is a wonderful leader, full of creativity and passion for the Disney brand, and extremely talented. Most recently, Ken has served as the Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney in Florida. I have known him for a long time and couldn't be more delighted with his passion for the Disney brand, for innovation, and for always putting our Guests and Members first. In his new role, Ken will also have responsibility for Adventures by Disney, our family guided-tour business.

As I say "au revoir" for now, please know how much I have enjoyed my time with Disney Vacation Club and the privilege of getting to know so many of our Members. I look forward to Ken and the rest of the organization continuing to enhance the Member experience in creative and magical ways!

At Disney Vacation Club, it's all about you - the Member - and that commitment will never change. Thank you for vacationing with Disney year in and year out. We look forward to delighting and surprising you each time we welcome you home.

Sincerely,

Claire Bilby
detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdad View Post
Well she lasted all of 5 minutes...
No Kidding! Wow, that was fast. You would think there would be more of a long-term plan rather than change senior vice presidents after only a couple of years (if that).
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
I liked Claire!
Me, too!

Does anyone know anything about Ken? I sure hope that he can continue to bring good change.

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

I think she took over in August 2011, which makes her "last couple of years" comment a bit confusing. She effectively ran DVC for 16 months.

Good luck to her, she seemed DVC member-friendly, and I hope her successor will be the same.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I have know idea how long he'd been in his previous job, but does this mean that the guy who was responsible for closing the Adventures Club and Comedy Club will now be in charge of DVC?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

sounds like it... as I said in another forum... if he runs DVC like Downtown Disney, we're in trouble.
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcibrando View Post
sounds like it... as I said in another forum... if he runs DVC like Downtown Disney, we're in trouble.
That was my first thought...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnsoul View Post
No Kidding! Wow, that was fast. You would think there would be more of a long-term plan rather than change senior vice presidents after only a couple of years (if that).
I think that points to Jim Lewis. They needed to get rid of him more than they needed to establish a long term DVC head.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakepb View Post
I think that points to Jim Lewis. They needed to get rid of him more than they needed to establish a long term DVC head.
That's a good point. Claire may have been brought in to "smooth things over" from a corporate perspective with plans to then hand the reins over to someone else.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Well just when we start seeing some good things coming from her too...
Oh well I guess we wait and see what this Ken guy will do.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Looks like the shake-up was WAY bigger than just DVC.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I have know idea how long he'd been in his previous job, but does this mean that the guy who was responsible for closing the Adventures Club and Comedy Club will now be in charge of DVC?

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: