Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

My DS is nearly 3 and we took him in October, about 3 months before his 3rd birthday. Never once were we asked for proof of his age. He is about the same size as my 4.5 year old DD and he towers over other 2 year olds and talks as much as my DD does. We always told them at the buffets that he was two, they also asked as we had the DDP and only one child was on the plan. We never were charged for a buffet meal for him and were never asked for proof of age when entering any park. I've also never bothered taking a birth certificate with either.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #47
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

"Anyone ever notice how every kid on the Dis is extremely tall and talks extremely well?"

Well, when a question is about kids who are large or advanced for their age is it surprising that people answer who have kids who are tall and advanced?

For the record my girls are both very small but were articulate speakers.

My son was HUGE but not talkative. As a teen he towers over me and is still a man of very few words. He is an honors student but just not chatty.

There are many people here, on the Dis, with petite kids, huge kids, advanced kids, and kids with developmental delays. In our extended family we have kids with disabilities, kids with health issues, and kids who seem to lead golden lives.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #48
PlainJane
It was wonderful both times
I only throw pillows

You've gotten a lot of good advice here. All I would add is that for your future sanity you might want to get used to people thinking you're gaming the system now. I was one of those kids that looked old for their age. I can still remember getting grilled by servers in restaurants over my age, buffets of course being worst.

In the case of Disney, just answer honestly when asked and be ready to explain that your son is indeed 2 but very excited about his upcoming birthday if he answers incorrectly. In the case of restaurants, when you're seated be upfront about his age and inquire about the proper procedure from the server.

I've always thought it odd that the gate CMs would ask the 2 year olds how old they were. Maybe the ones who do just don't have a lot of experience with young children. A lot of the ones I've been around answer the wrong age, say nothing at all and look confused, or answer something random like "I like planes."
PlainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #49
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Wife View Post
"Anyone ever notice how every kid on the Dis is extremely tall and talks extremely well?"

Well, when a question is about kids who are large or advanced for their age is it surprising that people answer who have kids who are tall and advanced?

For the record my girls are both very small but were articulate speakers.

My son was HUGE but not talkative. As a teen he towers over me and is still a man of very few words. He is an honors student but just not chatty.

There are many people here, on the Dis, with petite kids, huge kids, advanced kids, and kids with developmental delays. In our extended family we have kids with disabilities, kids with health issues, and kids who seem to lead golden lives.
It was a joke. Just like when people talk about their kids missing school, suddenly all the kids on the boards are amazingly gifted, straight A students who don't really need to go to school at all. It's just a pattern that seems to emerge on the boards. Whether everyone is telling the truth or not, who knows....it's just kind of funny.

FTR...I was always very tiny (never made the charts until I was 6) but I spoke very very early. My brother on the other hand was always very tall but spoke late. So I guess we are unusually as well...lol
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #50
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Eeyore's Wife;47045351There are many people here, on the Dis, with petite kids, huge kids, advanced kids, and kids with developmental delays. In our extended family we have kids with disabilities, kids with health issues, and kids who seem to lead golden lives.[/QUOTE]

As long as the kids all have the most important thing in common: They are being raised to be rule followers. And follow the rules.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

We have the opposite problem. My nine year old is big for his age - he is over 5'1and weighs 110lbs. We have never been asked to prove he is still 9, and we do the dining plan all the time. I am always worried people will think we are scammers
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #52
VandVsmom
Earning My Ears

We've gone several times with kids over and under 3. We rarely had anyone ask ages, with the exception of TS meals. But those often began with confirming the head count of adults, children - who is over 3 or under 10, etc.

When we've gone with extended family, we have had some excellent talkers, tall kids, small kids, some great at math and some burst into tears when an unfamiliar adult spoke to them, a few were even terrfied of costumed characters. I'm not sure if any were tall and well spoken at the same time.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
VandVsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: