Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1067 View Post
What a nightmare! The monorail is down, so after leaving Epcot (that line was working) at the TTC, we were sent to a bus for the resort monorails and MK.

It took us 50 minutes to get from the TTC to the Contemporary. Yes, we were stuck on the bus that entire time. Add to that the 20 minutes it took for the bus to pick us up at the TTC, and you have a 70 minute trip from the TTC to the Contemprary.
~That is a nightmare! So sorry, that happened. This monorail nonsense needs to be addressed asap! I love the MK resorts but I don't think we will return until the monorail is fixed. It just annoys me -- I can't understand why fixing it is not a high priority. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #17
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

What a nightmare journey!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
EpcotQueen
Mouseketeer

We were there the first week in December and the monorail was down several times from Epcot to TTC. Seems like they are having more and more problems.
EpcotQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
wouldn't it have been qujicker to get back on the monorail to EPCOT, then catch the bus to CR from there?
No buses from Epcot to CR.
I have been stuck at Epcot, with the monorail down, in the past. At least the OP had the monorail to TTC working!! We took the bus from Epcot to the TTC, figuring that we would be able to take the ferry to MK. Nope, not happening. There had to be 1000 people in line before us. So...we hoofed it over to the Polynesian, figuring we would take the little boat. About 50 people in line ahead of us there!!! It took about 90 mins to get from the TTC to MK that night. My dh was so annoyed by the time we got to MK that he just walked over to the buses and took one back to BWV!!! Dd and I continued into MK without him.

I have to tell you that when the monorail goes down, the ripple effect is something to see!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

We were there last night and the monorails were all down for some reason. Then we were told there was a problem with the ferries and the only option left was to take a bus back to ttc. Now mind you this was after the fireworks and there were loads of people..........9 buses later!!!! We were finally able to board a bus. So totally was NOT feeling the magic last night......

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1067 View Post
First, we were told the bus was coming when we were at the TTC. We were not at MK.

A CM with a phone and clipboard was there and she was doing her best. She said it would be there soon and kept calling dispatch. It just ended up taking 20 minutes.

Second, we were on the bus for 50 minutes. We literally could not get off. It's not possible to do anything in that situation.

For some reason the bus stops at the resorts were backed up. We could not get off the bus. That's what took 50 minutes from the TTC to CR.
I dont know why I was thinking MK. Must have been wishful thinking on my part.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #22
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had such a horrible experience

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: