Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What attraction would you like to have at Disney next
Cars Land 41 41.84%
Star Wars 42 42.86%
Land of Oz 12 12.24%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

Po;;. What attraction wold you like to see next at Disney?

If one is not listed please post your idea.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
GeorgiaDawg7
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
If one is not listed please post your idea.
Avatar is already in the planning stages and replacing Camp Minnie Mickey at AK. I've heard nothing but GREAT things about Cars land at DL, I'd love to see a duplicate of it come to Florida.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Since there is a Cars Land at CA, I would rather see something new............I voted Star Wars.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
PAGAS
Mouseketeer

I would love to see the Monsters Inc coaster.
Disneyland March 2014 * Coronado Springs May 2014 * Port Orleans August 2014
PAGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
wolf29
DIS Veteran

Of those listed, Star Wars. We would, however like to write in a virtual reality ride of Phineas & Ferb's Rollercoaster!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Some things not on your list-a Lord of the Rings land or holiday lands from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Avatar appears to be coming to AK whether anyone wants it or not.

Star Wars is already represented by Star Tours and SWWs. Do you mean a 'Star Wars Land' with additional attractions. Like...????

Carsland is already heavily rumoured to be coming to DHS to fit into the present LMA and Backlot tour. Given it's popularity in DL and Disney's habit of copying successful attractions in other parks, this is probably already in the advanced planning stages.

Oz? Really? I don't think I've ever seen threads pleading for Oz attractions.

I would love nothing better than to see a LOTR atttraction (or 3) but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. The Tolkein estate would probably be very reluctant to go into something like that. Trying to negotiate the licensing agreement would make a lot of lawyers rich.

I wouldn't mind seeing the oft talked of Monsters Inc. roller coaster. Or a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction- NOT involving the Haunted Mansion.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

I would love to see them ditch Avatar land and turn it into Tatooine or Endor.

Actually, I would love to see them transform that part of the park into an new real world for either Australia or South America (EDIT**Actually, use more of the property to add one of these, turn Camp Minnie Mickey into Beastley Kingdomme), then add a Star Wars themed land where LMA and the Backstage Tour attractions are. And turn the Streets of America into a living MARVEL universe.

But that's just my dream.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

For me to pick one I would have to know what the major E-Ticket attraction will be,at least for me that would be the determining factor.Avatar is already going into AK and the rumored attractions will be a boat ride and a ride somewhat similar to Soarin,probably in 3-D.I definitely see an addition of more Star Wars going into DHS with Disney purchasing it,I know they already have an attraction there but I believe they could find some land to put a bigger Star Wars area into DHS as well as the rumored Cars Land also going into DHS by taking out the backlot tour.If both of these were to happen DHS would immediately increase its attendance challenging Epcot for second place.I've always seen DHS as the park that has the most potential but it seems to be stuck in the 90's with way too many attractions that have hung around longer than they should have,even the updated Star Wars attraction is still a 25 year old simulator technology.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I assumed you meant a SW land so I voted for that.

LOL at no one voting for Avatar. I liked the suggesting upthread of ditching it for Tatooine or Endor (or any number of other SW planets).
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I too vote for some kind of Nightmare Before Christmas thing. Or even a rotating villains attraction.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf29
Of those listed, Star Wars. We would, however like to write in a virtual reality ride of Phineas & Ferb's Rollercoaster!
Both! Agree!
P&f would be awesome!
I was going to say some sort of Pocahontas thing in Liberty Square area? Or frontier land?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon
I would love to see them ditch Avatar land and turn it into Tatooine or Endor.

But that's just my dream.
Yes, this!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
stindall
Congress Tart

I voted for Star Wars although I'm not a big fan, I do see how it could be a neat addition. I would like to see more Pixar but not a copy of Cars Land. Disney has so many other movies to choose from!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

I would love to see Cars Land and think it would fit in great at DHS. Not excited for Avatar at all. A Phineus and Ferb ride would be fun too.

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
G8r4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: