Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #106
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Love you!

Maria was literally heaven sent... she made me laugh, saying she always thinks the planes sound like a bucket of nuts and bolts rattling around in a tin can! And it DID sound like that!!

Yes, we both loved Brave and of course Merida!! And Sam could be Merida with her hair!! With a cha-cha-change of hair color Getting the pin for Sam... well it just popped into my head that this pin represented our Sarah so well. And you know what?? We looked for the individual Brave pins in August and they were no where to be found... this trip, there it was....

Linda and I had a very nice breakfast (there was only about 2 tables other than us, could it be that it was 7:15 am?? ). We spoke of Sarah, and much she enjoyed being there, sitting in the lobby, hearing the piano music, etc. The nice waitress offered to get us milkshakes if we wanted to return later (Gasparellas do not offer milkshakes) but we decided to wing it knowing we would find the right place. And PT50s was a great fit. Sarah would of loved to see the antics... don't know if I mentioned it but Magic was a tattle tale and I was bad (elbows on the table). Guess Mama Linda didn't raise us right

Kook, she really was along with us, and though it was bittersweet at times, I remembered how much Sarah loved being in Disney (where she was just Sarah not Sarah the cancer patirent, remember her posting that?) and that helped. When wishes came on, it was hard not to cry, as I looked up to the sky and thought of Sarah, how much she loved wishes, the music. She will always be with me, with us.

Just last week I was dragging my heels a bit, not wanting to go to my meeting on Tuesday night, but Sarah entered my head, telling me to go...so I did. Even now, as I look at my phone, I wish I could call her and let her know what's going on.

Sarah sees all now

Magic got you in trouble

That was sweet of the GF Cafe waitress!WOW! I love the Grand....Things like that made it Sarah's Happy place...the special Disney touches
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #107
pas130
DIS Veteran

Thinking of our Angel Sarah today
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #108
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Almost a day does not go by that Sarah does not pop into my thoughts, yesterday I was making a list of places we will eat at on our next trip one of which is the GF Cafe, we have never been but I thought of how I read GF Cafe was one of her favorite places

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #109
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Almost a day does not go by that Sarah does not pop into my thoughts, yesterday I was making a list of places we will eat at on our next trip one of which is the GF Cafe, we have never been but I thought of how I read GF Cafe was one of her favorite places
Everytime I think of the Grand I think of Sarah Funny you mention the GF Cafe, because I had just read a TR which mentioned the GF Cafe right before I posted here It really is a lovely place Sheila, the food is delish too! Bob would approve
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #110
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #111
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Missing My Angels tonight as I thought of how much they loved Football and the SuperBowl and my thoughts then ran to "Our Sarah" and I wondered if she too might have been a Fan and will be at the Super Bowl Party in Heaven with Shawn and Jason, and Christine's Toby and the rest of the RC's Angels.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #112
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Missing My Angels tonight as I thought of how much they loved Football and the SuperBowl and my thoughts then ran to "Our Sarah" and I wondered if she too might have been a Fan and will be at the Super Bowl Party in Heaven with Shawn and Jason, and Christine's Toby and the rest of the RC's Angels.
(((Sheila))) I am sure they will all have a grand time together tomorrow! My mom & dad will be there as well - they had to be two of the biggest football fans ever! Toby was a great chef - wonder what kinds of goodies they will eat!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #113
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
(((Sheila))) I am sure they will all have a grand time together tomorrow! My mom & dad will be there as well - they had to be two of the biggest football fans ever! Toby was a great chef - wonder what kinds of goodies they will eat!
I am not a football fan but we always got together on SuperBowl Sunday and just like everyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one have great memories we will always cherish. My boys can eat so Toby will surely be busy

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #114
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not a football fan but we always got together on SuperBowl Sunday and just like everyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one have great memories we will always cherish. My boys can eat so Toby will surely be busy
Betcha even if Sarah doesn't watch the Super Bowl...she'll enjoy being with your sons...Christine and Sheila, be assured the boys have a DIS Mama with them now in Heaven
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #115
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Betcha even if Sarah doesn't watch the Super Bowl...she'll enjoy being with your sons...Christine and Sheila, be assured the boys have a DIS Mama with them now in Heaven
Jeannette, that is a comforting thought!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #116
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeannette, that is a comforting thought!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #117
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

I am so sorry

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #118
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
I am so sorry
Thank you, cm8.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #119
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
I am so sorry
Thank you

I love your Hello Kitty Avatar BTW
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #120
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeannette, I think of Sarah every day...her kindness, thoughtfulness, friendship .... I miss all of it... Sometimes when I'm thinking "no, don't want to go out to the Y or my meeting... I hear her voice, not telling me to go, she didn't do that... more like encouraged and would point out the positives in doing so...

Quote:
Sheila, Our Sarah loved the Grand... it was her favorite happy place in the world... I like to think of her forever being there...

Quote:
everyone's a fan on superbowl day..... think she brought me good luck this year... forgot to mention I won $200 in a football pool...perhaps all our angels helped me on that win...BTW She liked the Yankees

Quote:
sure it was a fantastic feast!

Quote:
Mama Sarah...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: