Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #76
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jeanette Reading the words to that Billy Joel song made the tears well up in my eyes again, so fitting when remembering Sarah. She touched us all in such a special way, how long you were able to stay last night is not important, your being there for Jon and the girls is what was.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #77
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I spent most of the day on airplanes so I had lots of time to think about our Sarah also Janet and Jeanette. I am so thankful that they were able to be there to express to the family just how much Sarah meant to all of us.

Today has been a hard day. It was to have been the day Sarah and I spent resting and relaxing at WL waiting for the other RC ladies to arrive tomorrow. When I woke up this morning I was at a loss as to how I wanted to spend the day. I ended up at Epcot wandering the various gardens. As usual the Canadian one was my favorite. It wasn't the day I had been looking forward to for so very long but it turned out to be a quiet peaceful one. I think she would have enjoyed it.

When the other RC ladies begin arriving tomorrow we will continue to celebrate what a very special person Sarah was.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #78
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #79
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
I'm so very sad to read this news. I'll never forget how kind, helpful and sweet Sarah was to me on the GF thread when we made a last-minute change to stay there for our trip last April. In fact, we were there at the same time and exchanged texts in hopes of meeting up but sadly our timing never worked out. I remember her posts as so positive and upbeat.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. Wishing you peace.
I remember that!!! Sarah posted that awesome Courtyard view she had at the GF So glad you stopped by here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Reading the words to that Billy Joel song made the tears well up in my eyes again, so fitting when remembering Sarah. She touched us all in such a special way, how long you were able to stay last night is not important, your being there for Jon and the girls is what was.
Thanks Sheila, I love Billy Joel, strange hubs changedd the CD over that night....meant to be perhaps I know the timing wasn't important, but I would've like to stay longer...especially with janet there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yesterday I spent most of the day on airplanes so I had lots of time to think about our Sarah also Janet and Jeanette. I am so thankful that they were able to be there to express to the family just how much Sarah meant to all of us.

Today has been a hard day. It was to have been the day Sarah and I spent resting and relaxing at WL waiting for the other RC ladies to arrive tomorrow. When I woke up this morning I was at a loss as to how I wanted to spend the day. I ended up at Epcot wandering the various gardens. As usual the Canadian one was my favorite. It wasn't the day I had been looking forward to for so very long but it turned out to be a quiet peaceful one. I think she would have enjoyed it.

When the other RC ladies begin arriving tomorrow we will continue to celebrate what a very special person Sarah was.
Oh Mama, I am sure our Sarah was right there with you and that's why it was so peaceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Back at ya my love!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #80
pas130
DIS Veteran

Just posting as Janet and GrumpyGrandma are enjoying the world and honoring our Sarah..they were gifted 2 expedition Everest fp which may be the doing of our JungleCruiser..I forget if today or tomorrow was the gf cafe breakfast..when I took the girls Nov. I texted Sarah like mad...wished she was there with us

Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #81
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Day Two...

A tribute to Sarah:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #82
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

i don't even know what to say. i have been off the boards for a while because we don't currently have our next vacation booked. i just realized last night that the RC'erc thread was dedicated in her memory and i was just speechless. i had no idea she passed.

sarah was a really special person. i always enjoyed reading her posts. she was such a positive person and had a real way with words. she was also very diplomatic. she could point out something realistic but she would do it in a way that never sounded negative somehow! i remember her as friendly and very welcoming to everyone.

sarah had a way about her that always made me really take in whatever she had to say. i always valued what she had to say and looked forward to her answers to my questions. i felt that she and i had similar tastes and likes, and i always felt that if she liked something, chances are, i would, too. she seemed so knowledgeable without a shred of being a know-it-all. she was always happy to share her opinions but somehow never seemed opinionated! she just had that gift that few of us have.

she and i were at our beloved GF at the same time in april. oh, how i wish i had made the time to meet up with her, even if it could have just been a few minutes by the pool.

i will really miss her posts around the disboards. i know it won't be the same without her.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #83
Jessica14
DIS Veteran

I didn't know Sarah at all but your love for her and her friendship for all of you is truly beautiful and touching. All my sympathy for her friends and family during this terrible time.
Jessica
2010:POFQ 12/11-12/17:
2011: Santa took us to POP!

My Blog: A Woman's Pause www.jessicajudd.blogspot.com
Jessica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #84
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
i don't even know what to say. i have been off the boards for a while because we don't currently have our next vacation booked. i just realized last night that the RC'erc thread was dedicated in her memory and i was just speechless. i had no idea she passed.

sarah was a really special person. i always enjoyed reading her posts. she was such a positive person and had a real way with words. she was also very diplomatic. she could point out something realistic but she would do it in a way that never sounded negative somehow! i remember her as friendly and very welcoming to everyone.

sarah had a way about her that always made me really take in whatever she had to say. i always valued what she had to say and looked forward to her answers to my questions. i felt that she and i had similar tastes and likes, and i always felt that if she liked something, chances are, i would, too. she seemed so knowledgeable without a shred of being a know-it-all. she was always happy to share her opinions but somehow never seemed opinionated! she just had that gift that few of us have.

she and i were at our beloved GF at the same time in april. oh, how i wish i had made the time to meet up with her, even if it could have just been a few minutes by the pool.

i will really miss her posts around the disboards. i know it won't be the same without her.
Sarah was truly everything you have said. And it isn't the same without her. It is good to see you, and I hope you are well. Agreed it is hard to be on the Dis when you don't have a trip booked. Sarah's passing shocked many of us, and I am so thankful JanetB started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica14 View Post
I didn't know Sarah at all but your love for her and her friendship for all of you is truly beautiful and touching. All my sympathy for her friends and family during this terrible time.
Jessica
She was a beautiful Angel on Earth and now in Heaven

Kook I visited the thread today, as I was thinking of Sarah...and I see the pics of Janet and Mama Linda posted here. Thank you!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #85
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sarah was truly everything you have said. And it isn't the same without her. It is good to see you, and I hope you are well. Agreed it is hard to be on the Dis when you don't have a trip booked. Sarah's passing shocked many of us, and I am so thankful JanetB started this thread

She was a beautiful Angel on Earth and now in Heaven

Kook I visited the thread today, as I was thinking of Sarah...and I see the pics of Janet and Mama Linda posted here. Thank you!
Remember the inspiration?

Our Dear Sarah, September 2012:

Me, August 2012
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #86
pas130
DIS Veteran

My Dear friend Kook I absolutely do !!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #87
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Remember the inspiration?

Our Dear Sarah, September 2012:
This is the Sarah I met in September, so glad we shared a hug.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #88
pas130
DIS Veteran

Jen

Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #89
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #90