Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #76
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32

Since this is only our second cruise ever, what does GTY really mean? When we booked the guy at the desk onboard said we could get a 5A cabin, but I'm really not sure how all this works. Anyone know?

345 days and counting
GTY is a guarantee that you will receive the category you book, or better. You may not choose your cabin though. Example, in the past we booked a 9A GTY, knowing we would then get at least a deluxe ocean view (but hoped to get upgraded to veranda!) Now we need two rooms and enjoy them being connected, so we no longer book GTY since this request won't be honored. (BTW the verandas open to one giant veranda, I would not give this up for anything! Except a Roy or Walt... But that will never happen!!)

2/11/12 Magic Eastern, Pirates IN the Caribbean Cruisers

Fantasy booked! 3/2/2013 Sailing away on the Western Itinerary
Lake_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #77
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Mary

GTY is a guarantee that you will receive the category you book, or better. You may not choose your cabin though. Example, in the past we booked a 9A GTY, knowing we would then get at least a deluxe ocean view (but hoped to get upgraded to veranda!) Now we need two rooms and enjoy them being connected, so we no longer book GTY since this request won't be honored. (BTW the verandas open to one giant veranda, I would not give this up for anything! Except a Roy or Walt... But that will never happen!!)
That's exactly what we do! Two connecting rooms, huge veranda. We put all 3 kids in one and we stay in the other. Cannot wait! Do you have your staterooms? We are in 9056 & 9058.

Disney Dream Bahamas - 6/7/11
mrswarr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #78
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

Yes, we do!! We loved our rooms so much this last cruise, we booked them again! Just one deck down from you, 8064/8066. Easy walk to pool deck, high enough for a great view, midship, and easy walk to running deck!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #79
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Mary
Yes, we do!! We loved our rooms so much this last cruise, we booked them again! Just one deck down from you, 8064/8066. Easy walk to pool deck, high enough for a great view, midship, and easy walk to running deck!
Exactly - love being mid-ship. This is our first time on the Fantasy, but we had nearly the same rooms (same deck, same mid-ship area) on the Dream and it was perfect. Eek! So excited.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #80
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

GTY Info

Thanks for the info on GTY. Good to know I can only go up not down. I was looking at the cruise and there are no 8A rooms left. I was worried we would be with the crew or maybe just a couple comfortable deck chairs. Just get me on the Fantasy. So excited!!

DVC Member http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/beach.gif
Feb 25, 2013- Disney Wonder
Feb 21, 2014- Disney Fantasy
Feb 22, 2015- Disney Magic
Stayed on Disney Property at Tree House Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans-Riverside & French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century, All Star Music & Sports
Maytulip32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #81
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32
Thanks for the info on GTY. Good to know I can only go up not down. I was looking at the cruise and there are no 8A rooms left. I was worried we would be with the crew or maybe just a couple comfortable deck chairs. Just get me on the Fantasy. So excited!!
Hehe! So exciting. What category did you book GTY? I think what happens a lot, when people book standard interior GTY and the cruise isn't selling well and DCL needs that price point to get people on the ship, they will upgrade. DCL would rather have the flexibility if needed to give free upgrades and resell the lower categories to fill the ship! Win win.

My first cruise I was on deck 1 on the Magic... Still worth it! :-)

Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #82
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Mary View Post
Hehe! So exciting. What category did you book GTY? I think what happens a lot, when people book standard interior GTY and the cruise isn't selling well and DCL needs that price point to get people on the ship, they will upgrade. DCL would rather have the flexibility if needed to give free upgrades and resell the lower categories to fill the ship! Win win.

My first cruise I was on deck 1 on the Magic... Still worth it! :-)
Hope I'm that lucky. Right now we are 8A but would love a veranda room. Are you listening DCL!

Stayed on Disney Property at Tree House Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans-Riverside & French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century, All Star Music & Sports
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #83
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

I think I read on here or the facebook page that the cut off for the FE is December 31. Any idea how many are participating so far so I can get a head start on accumulating goodies? My obsessive personality wants to start working on stuff now to be ahead of the game. This way I can spend a little at a time instead of all at once.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #84
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32 View Post
I think I read on here or the facebook page that the cut off for the FE is December 31. Any idea how many are participating so far so I can get a head start on accumulating goodies? My obsessive personality wants to start working on stuff now to be ahead of the game. This way I can spend a little at a time instead of all at once.
I am working on putting the list together tonight. Trying to retrieve all the info from here, the fb group and my pm's. I am up to about 10 cabins. Everyone can leave me their info or pm it to me most from fb are on here as well so its easier if I combine the list. I think maybe only 1 isn't one here, or at least I think. I need disname, real names, fb name, ages, sex, cabin# and if anyone in your stateroom has allergies we need to know about.

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #85
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone??? I am working on the FE list and have to redo it. For whatever reason my laptop is having issues and if I send it to Myphone or iPad it won't convert. Ugh! 11 months and 5 days left!!!

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
Old 03-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #86
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post
Where is everyone??? I am working on the FE list and have to redo it. For whatever reason my laptop is having issues and if I send it to Myphone or iPad it won't convert. Ugh! 11 months and 5 days left!!!
I'm here! What's up? Do you need me to resend??

Old 03-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #87
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswarr View Post
I'm here! What's up? Do you need me to resend??
I have everyone's info but for some reason Microsoft is giving me a huge issue and won't convert anything. Going to redo it on my iPad tonight

Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #88
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post

I have everyone's info but for some reason Microsoft is giving me a huge issue and won't convert anything. Going to redo it on my iPad tonight
What a pain. How did it go??

Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #89
jbm914
Earning My Ears

February 22nd, 2014 Fantasy - Eastern

This will be our second cruise - going to make it a family reunion Cant wait
jbm914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #90
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswarr View Post
What a pain. How did it go??
I got it all switched over to my ipad... had to start all over. I'm adding the new names and I think ill try to post weekly with an updated list, unless there are no new updates.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: