Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #61
Amalaya
Earning My Ears

I would like to do the fish extender too! My kids would love it. Let me know what to do. I need plenty of time to be crafty
Amalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #62
Amalaya
Earning My Ears

Also, whatnis the Facebook page to look for?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #63
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalaya
I would like to do the fish extender too! My kids would love it. Let me know what to do. I need plenty of time to be crafty
The Facebook link is on page 2 of this thread. Have you looked at the FE threads? They have some great ideas. I'm definitely going to get creative since we have a year... I just feel like I need to commit to a project and get started!

Disney Dream Bahamas - 6/7/11
mrswarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #64
Amalaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswarr View Post
The Facebook link is on page 2 of this thread. Have you looked at the FE threads? They have some great ideas. I'm definitely going to get creative since we have a year... I just feel like I need to commit to a project and get started!
I found the facebook page and will definitly look into the FE threads. I am not crafty,but at least I am trying
Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #65
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalaya

I found the facebook page and will definitly look into the FE threads. I am not crafty,but at least I am trying
Last cruise, I wanted my then 3 year old daughter to be able to help so I used a big circle punch and put Disney stickers in the middle and magnetic tape on the back. We put them on everyone's doors - they were pretty cute and she was excited to be able to do something herself.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #66
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

FE Group

Has it been decided when the cut off will be for the participating in the FE? My daughter and I are excited about getting started making stuff for the cruise. Also I don't know my cabin assignment yet does anyone know how far out Disney will assign us a cabin? Counting the days till 2/22/14.

DVC Member http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/beach.gif
Feb 25, 2013- Disney Wonder
Feb 21, 2014- Disney Fantasy
Feb 22, 2015- Disney Magic
Stayed on Disney Property at Tree House Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans-Riverside & French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century, All Star Music & Sports
Maytulip32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #67
Amalaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32
Has it been decided when the cut off will be for the participating in the FE? My daughter and I are excited about getting started making stuff for the cruise. Also I don't know my cabin assignment yet does anyone know how far out Disney will assign us a cabin? Counting the days till 2/22/14.
We got our cabin assignment when we booked. We used a travel agency,
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #68
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

We booked ours on the last cruise (2/22/2013) and we have guarentee of 8A cabin but no cabin number as of yet.

Stayed on Disney Property at Tree House Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans-Riverside & French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century, All Star Music & Sports
Old 03-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #69
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32 View Post
We booked ours on the last cruise (2/22/2013) and we have guarentee of 8A cabin but no cabin number as of yet.
We were on the same cruise (2/11/13 - Wonder) and when we did our OBB, they let us choose our stateroom. I wonder if you called DCL if you could get your assignment, or if with the GTY 8A, you could be upgraded if not assigned already.
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #70
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

Just got off the Fantasy 3/2 sailing yesterday and booked this cruise while on board! We were planning to book the new Southern Itinerary, but we fell in love with the Fantasy and aren't ready to give it up for the Magic.

Anyone sailing with young kids looking to plan excursions? We've been on the Eastern before, and the things we did then were just OK. Interesting in hearing ideas! DD will have just turned 7 and DS will about to be 4.

2/11/12 Magic Eastern, Pirates IN the Caribbean Cruisers

Fantasy booked! 3/2/2013 Sailing away on the Western Itinerary
Lake_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #71
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytulip32
If you booked a GTY I wouldn't expect to receive a cabin number until the Paid in Full date for our cruise; this is usually when DCL needs to release more affordable fares if the cruise is struggling to sell out. I have heard of GTY getting pixie dust earlier, though :-)

2/11/12 Magic Eastern, Pirates IN the Caribbean Cruisers

Fantasy booked! 3/2/2013 Sailing away on the Western Itinerary
Lake_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #72
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Just a little over 11 months until we meet again! It's going to be flying by thanks to my crazy life and moving in the next few months. I'm excited to see what kind of group this will be. So far it's been much more active than my last 2 groups!

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #73
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104
Just a little over 11 months until we meet again! It's going to be flying by thanks to my crazy life and moving in the next few months. I'm excited to see what kind of group this will be. So far it's been much more active than my last 2 groups!
I'm so glad it's active this early. Keeping the secret is killing me! I need to talk to someone about it! Lol - My last group was great. I'm trying to get some FE project ideas from my favorite ladies!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #74
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

We did the dolphin excursion in grand cayman this past trip. Our kids are 12,8 and 6. We had an amazing trip. Had I known though I would have paid the extra for the extreme swim. We got about a half hour with the dolphin but had much less interaction than the extreme swim. We did get a ton of photos. I would love to do this again!

We have been on all of the ships but the fantasy and honestly I love the smaller ships. Much more personal experience, half the people and the staff is so incredible and they really take the time to sit and talk with you. Captain Fabian on the Wonder was incredible. My youngest had journal questions for the captain, which we have never met on any of the the other ships, and told him we had questions for him. He told us to send it up the the bridge and he would get to it. He did it right away and did it all for my son. He has a pretty cool signature too. Someone else on our trip had girls that had to report on angles and such and he brought them a map from the bridge and signed it for them at breakfast on the last day! I can't wait for the Fantasy!! Praying we have awesome CM's!

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #75
Maytulip32
Earning My Ears

What does GTY Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Mary View Post
If you booked a GTY I wouldn't expect to receive a cabin number until the Paid in Full date for our cruise; this is usually when DCL needs to release more affordable fares if the cruise is struggling to sell out. I have heard of GTY getting pixie dust earlier, though :-)
Since this is only our second cruise ever, what does GTY really mean? When we booked the guy at the desk onboard said we could get a 5A cabin, but I'm really not sure how all this works. Anyone know?

345 days and counting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: