Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887 View Post
For the FE... Do we bring a gift for everyone in the group everyday of the cruise?
It's completely up to you. You can bring individual gifts for every person everyday, cabin gifts for every day, individual gifts for one or two days or cabin gifts for one or two days. There are no "rules" to how you do it. With small groups I do individual gifts ever day but bigger ones I do deliveries once or twice during the trip.

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #32
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Gosh, I feel like my gifts might not be good enough. I'm afraid I might not be creative enough...
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887
Gosh, I feel like my gifts might not be good enough. I'm afraid I might not be creative enough...
I felt like that, too at first. Some people make the coolest things! Truly, my kids were excited by everything they came across in our FE. Whether it was a piece of candy or something more elaborate - they were just so thrilled things were showing up in there! And the delivering of our gifts was so much fun for us all.

Disney Dream Bahamas - 6/7/11
mrswarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #34
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887 View Post
I wouldn't be worried about that! This cruise we had someone use a paper plate and decorated it with puffy paints and made a door hanger out of it as well ss making a door hanger out of the type of stuff kids $1 visors are made of and made it look like a sandal and writing DIS on it. I love getting things like this. Someone also got the plastic cups with the straw in red, probably from someplace like oriental trading Nd put the kids names on them and a few Mickey heads with stickers. The kids went nuts over them! I praised whoever gave me a Starbucks reusable cup with some of their instant coffee packets in it. After 9 days of Disney coffee I wanted another flavor! I will be happy to post more things we recieved over the years that we loved.

Have to get ready for my brothers Eaglr scout court of honor and my boys pinewood derby.

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
Old 02-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #35
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

Jess - I think I want in on the FE for this trip. Can we split it up though if it gets too big? DH was already wondering why I brought the kitchen sink last cruise and I didn't even participate in the FE!
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #36
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNKelly
Jess - I think I want in on the FE for this trip. Can we split it up though if it gets too big? DH was already wondering why I brought the kitchen sink last cruise and I didn't even participate in the FE!
I was just thinking that. How the heck am I going to get all that stuff on the ship??? It sounds like loads of fun though. We always seem to over pack so maybe I should leave some of the clothes and bring fun stuff instead!
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #37
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I was just thinking that. How the heck am I going to get all that stuff on the ship??? It sounds like loads of fun though. We always seem to over pack so maybe I should leave some of the clothes and bring fun stuff instead!
I know that you can ship a box up to two weeks ahead. That's what I think I'll do this time. Our FE stuff did take up some room.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
Maddiesmommi
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!! My, daughter, who will be 4 at the time, and I will be traveling on this cruise!! We're bringing along some friends and a set of grandparents, too. We are very excited, as this will be our very first Disney cruise!!

Maddiesmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #39
kihart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Don't worry about that! I was just as excited as my little one to come back to the room everyday and see what gifts were delivered! I, er, I mean SHE didn't care if it was a piece of candy or a little bottle of 'pixie dust'(aka gold glitter). Lol!! The FE is just FUN!!! We are totally in!
kihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #40
kihart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
For the FE... Do we bring a gift for everyone in the group everyday of the cruise?
We did a gift for the adults and a gift for the kids and delivered a few each night. We are already trying to think about what we will do for this cruise. In our deliveries we got stuff for me and mom(adults) and then stuff for my daughter. In other deliveries it was one thing for all of us. It didn't matter, it was great fun!
kihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #41
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihart

We did a gift for the adults and a gift for the kids and delivered a few each night. We are already trying to think about what we will do for this cruise. In our deliveries we got stuff for me and mom(adults) and then stuff for my daughter. In other deliveries it was one thing for all of us. It didn't matter, it was great fun!
We did the same - one gift for adults and a gift for each kid. Then, we also brought a special little something for pirate night (one per room). We probably had around 30 rooms.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #42
janette311
Earning My Ears

Hi Group!
We just officially finished booking this cruise. We actually booked it on our last cruise but the dates didn't work so we are here for good! Now we are trying to convince the rest of the family to join us.

Just wanted to say a big HELLO!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

A little about us. We live in Fort Lauderdale and long time Disney fans. Have been going about once a year all my life. Started taking our son when he was only 10 months old! Long time cruisers but took our first Disney Cruise in 2012. No other cruise ship can even compare now.

We did the FE on the magic which was a blast. My son ran to the room every day to see if we had gotten any gifts. We had about 20 on the list and I brought one gift per kid per room. Then we gave something extra on pirate day as well. Obviously a little easier for me because I'm just driving to the port, but plenty people brought small things that were immensely appreciated!

Have a great day everyone! Will be talking lots in the next year!
Cherie
at time of sailing

Disney Magic March 10, 2012

janette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #43
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I am thinking about joining this cruise. My son is going to be 13 at sailing, but he never cruised before. We are booked on the TA in May and he wanted to make sure he wasn't sea sick before we went on a 12 night cruise. I booked a 3 days cruise early Feb, the thing is, he is 12 (13 at time of cruising) and it looks like there are a lot of kids his age on this cruise.

I'll let you know what we decide. He is also asking to go to Spain to catch a few soccer matches. Wow, he is an expensive kid.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #44
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janette311
Hi Group!
We just officially finished booking this cruise. We actually booked it on our last cruise but the dates didn't work so we are here for good! Now we are trying to convince the rest of the family to join us.

Just wanted to say a big HELLO!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

A little about us. We live in Fort Lauderdale and long time Disney fans. Have been going about once a year all my life. Started taking our son when he was only 10 months old! Long time cruisers but took our first Disney Cruise in 2012. No other cruise ship can even compare now.

We did the FE on the magic which was a blast. My son ran to the room every day to see if we had gotten any gifts. We had about 20 on the list and I brought one gift per kid per room. Then we gave something extra on pirate day as well. Obviously a little easier for me because I'm just driving to the port, but plenty people brought small things that were immensely appreciated!

Have a great day everyone! Will be talking lots in the next year!
Cherie
Welcome!!! We are in the process of inviting extended family as well. We shall see if they take the bait! We're keeping everything top secret for now - the kids have no idea! Packing the FE stuff does take up some room but we wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm probably going to just ship a box ahead this time.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #45
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Welcome everyone!

Sorry since my family got back a week and a half ago from the Wonder we all got sick thanks to the 60+ degree change in temps in less than 24 hours:/ It was soooo cold here! Still trying to get better. Trying to start preparing for our move to florida and planning our vow renewal for this cruise on top of my already insane everyday life.

We are trying to invite people to be in our vow renewal but its not working well:/. I may at least have enough people for a maid of honor and my daughter as a bridesmaid but no best man as of yet and we have my boys for groomsmen. All this planning is making me insane.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: